Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Been away for a while. Anybody still sell machines?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Been away for a while. Anybody still sell machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    I bought a machine from a guy that worked in shipping at an electronics company. He took my machine to work and used a foam machine. It would have taken some real work to damage that machine and unpacking it was really easy. I have no idea what the machines and materials cost, but I wish every machine I received came to me that way.
    Browsing online and it looks like the packing itself is pretty comparable in price to the foam peanuts... once you have the equipment and have bought the foam material and polywrap in bulk. Looked at some videos on ezflofoam However the pricing/equipment look to only be feasible if you do a LOT of shipping. A business I could see doing it, but it showed the A and B chemicals that get mixed to make the foam are $457 and $396 each for 15 gallons, so $850 or so for 30 gallons of the stuff. The video showed it as $1 per cubic foot so that would be quite a bit of packing for the 30 gallons. However that's quite an investment up front.

I was curious so I looked... I dislike peanuts because they get all over the place and are very staticy. Here you get 'sensitive electronic equipment' but it's encased in staticy peanuts. Akimono's 2 box system with peanuts between the 2 boxes has worked pretty well for me even though the peanuts and outer box are pretty much shot. The Pachinko I got shipped from overseas was packed the same way.

If you got the blow in type foam, wouldn't you still want the double box with foam between the inner and outer? I was thinking that foam pressing against the glass front wouldn't work too well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Been away for a while. Anybody still sell machines?

Quote Originally Posted by doa12 View Post
    If you got the blow in type foam, wouldn't you still want the double box with foam between the inner and outer? I was thinking that foam pressing against the glass front wouldn't work too well.
    The package I received was a single box. The foam was sprayed into two "plastic bags". It looked like a bag was placed in the bottom of the box and foam was added to the bag. The machine was then laid on the bag. A second bag was placed on top of the machine and filled with foam. No foam never touched the machines. The wet foam molded itself around the machines and then hardened to lock the machines firmly in place. When I opened the package I had to cut one side open so that I could work my fingers between the two bags of foam and lift the top one off and then remove the machine.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2