Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Been away for a while. Anybody still sell machines?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Been away for a while. Anybody still sell machines?

Hey all,
    The other day I got the fever for some pachinko. While I still have a couple of pachislos, I sold off my pachinkos a few years back. At the time there were a few sellers who sold pachis. A quick search came up relatively short and eBay yielded a few very expensive options. What's the story? Has the supply dried up. Just wondering.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Bob's Tiki BarCade: Home to Arcade Machines, Pachis, Collectibles, and a Massive amount of Polynesian Kitsch. All together in one room.....because that's the only place she'll let me keep it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Been away for a while. Anybody still sell machines?

Hi, Bob. Akimono is the only US retailer still around. Aside from them you have eBay and Craigslist, but as you noticed most are overpriced. Welcome back to the dark side.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Or buy and import yourself
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone have advice/experience buying from Japan? Dealing with Akimono has been a nightmare for me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My only experience with buying direct from Japan has been for small goods through Bidservice.jp were Juno has been very helpful in taking care of me. But even for small items the costs add up to 2-4 times your purchase price getting it stateside. The heavier and larger = the more you will pay.

Have you thought about posting a "wanted to buy" for machines you are interested in? I've picked up several this year from multiple members. Some were shipped to me and for others I did a day trip to pick them up. You never know when someone might be parting with a machine you want, but also be patient for it to happen.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 11-09-2016 at 07:57 PM.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, Phil. I use fromjapan to buy machines occasionally. I have found that for modern machines you can usually get a good deal on yahoo Japan, but by the time you add domestic shipping, international shipping, and deputy fees that the pricing is usually fairly similar to Akimono, maybe a little cheaper. Of course when buying direct you have no customer service if something is wrong and o guarantees that the seller accurately described the machine. I have yet to run into any major issues though when importing. I think the thing I like most about buying direct is that I can get what I want without having to wait and an added benefit is I can buy some smaller items like a couple extra keys, ball trays, a banner, machine pamphlet, or something similar and have it shipped with the machine for next to nothing.

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by philewhite View Post
    Anyone have advice/experience buying from Japan? Dealing with Akimono has been a nightmare for me.
    What was so nightmarish about Akimono, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by britton View Post
    congrats on your first post.. over 2 years to make a post.. hope ya stay around

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by philewhite View Post
    We have had problems with inventory and shipping safely with fedex (especially with claims for damaged machines which is still ongoing). Since then we have hired a new inventory manager – Ryan and are in the process on switching to UPS and changing our shipping methods to be in line with their packaging insurance so that claims will be paid quickly for anything damaged.
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

14. The following user says "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What seems to be the problem with damage? If abuse from the carrier...then switching may have fixed it. If packaging, then feedback from customers describing exactly what happened should give clues on how to pack them better. Seems like avoiding damage is a far better solution then paying for damage. Both for buyer and seller.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    What seems to be the problem with damage? If abuse from the carrier...then switching may have fixed it. If packaging, then feedback from customers describing exactly what happened should give clues on how to pack them better. Seems like avoiding damage is a far better solution then paying for damage. Both for buyer and seller.
    It doesn't seem like a carrier specific problem as UPS and Fedex both damage a good number of them. We have also changed packaging several times in six years and every time we only see a minimal reduction in damage. Right now according to our UPS reps that came to the warehouse last week the machines are just built in a way that they are fragile and difficult to ship without damage as there is a high risk of the boxes being dropped from straight from a height of about 5 feet which even when packed well will still dislodge internal components. After inspecting our boxing procedures they have suggested having a minimum of 2 inches of protection around every side and one double walled box instead of our two box system with one internal and one external box. Because of this suggestion we are having custom boxes made to suit the machines (one just for pachinko and one just for pachislo) which should more than fulfill the requirements. Doing this will also allow them to pay claims faster if we prove we are following their shipping guidelines as they would already have evidence of suitable packaging to their standards on our end.

This has always been a big headache for all three parties involved and I am hoping that this investment will be worth it as I hate losing clients because of preventable shipping issues.
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

17. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I purchase 2 machines recently from Akimono and they were fine. I had to do some adjustments on one but it wasnt a big deal. Im happy to see at least some one still selling them stateside.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by samslack View Post
    I purchase 2 machines recently from Akimono and they were fine. I had to do some adjustments on one but it wasnt a big deal. Im happy to see at least some one still selling them stateside.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    It is usually safest if you pick them up at our warehouse so you can check them out first and then you also avoid shipping damage.

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jackdanielsx View Post
    Right now according to our UPS reps that came to the warehouse last week the machines are just built in a way that they are fragile and difficult to ship without damage as there is a high risk of the boxes being dropped from straight from a height of about 5 feet which even when packed well will still dislodge internal components.
    I once shipped a Spiderman 2 pachislo. I feared exactly the same thing. I knew that a sharp downward jolt to the boxed machine...and the inertia of the reels could tear them loose. To remedy this fear, I cut cardboard shims to fill in gaps between the reels and sides. As well as use zip strips to secure the reel bundle to the cabinet through ventilation slots. I have pics because I wanted the buyer to know what all to remove before operating it. Unfortunately my digital camera and tablet hate each other. It arrived safely and the buyer was pleased. My basic thought...there is plenty of space for stuff to move around if it breaks loose. Minimize this space, and secure things that may break, in erases it's survival rate. Of course, now the customer needs to know what to "undo".
    It worked for me!

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well i used to work at one of these shippers i wont say the name but i can say this.....

The worst time to ship is the christmas holiday. I was a slide sorter i sorted packages from a belt and large slide and based on address we put them in a moving bin "boxline" they disabled all the belt safety's (managers cut all the nylon safetys to auto stop the belts when overflows happen.) They only want speed and volume. When i say they i mean all of the shippers.

I have seen boxes turn into accordians in an instant. They dont care as we would throw damaged goods below the slide. There a rep would look at each thing and see how bad it was. If it was bad they would make insurance pay the shipper /sender and then it would bet auctioned in a container as bid on a mystery shipping container of who knows. I have seen monotirs for computers get crushed on railings because the handler didnt pushz them in the box line all the way. I have also seen boxes expode screws , ball bearings and other stuff just fly down the slide. The worst thing is they just dont care they keep moving while the boxes get damaged more. This was 10 + years ago i hope they have gotton better. Because of these things i am always nerveous shipping anything. I alyays over pack.

I have even encased items in plastic and sprayed foam in it to custom mold some cushioning.

Animatronics and mm oving parts should have tape or styrafoam to help limit movement. Its hard to avoid movement at any shipping carrier.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to samslack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by britton View Post
    I was very frustrated when I wrote that. Hassles with shipping and dealing with refund for busted machine but me and Frank are working it out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Or buy and import yourself
    How do you do it?Any advice?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    My only experience with buying direct from Japan has been for small goods through Bidservice.jp were Juno has been very helpful in taking care of me. But even for small items the costs add up to 2-4 times your purchase price getting it stateside. The heavier and larger = the more you will pay.

Have you thought about posting a "wanted to buy" for machines you are interested in? I've picked up several this year from multiple members. Some were shipped to me and for others I did a day trip to pick them up. You never know when someone might be parting with a machine you want, but also be patient for it to happen.
    Do you remember about what they charged you for shipping?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Two words: Foam Machine�� Well worth the investment, especially for high risk damage items like these

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Swflpeep

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Swflpeep View Post
    Two words: Foam Machine�� Well worth the investment, especially for high risk damage items like these
    I bought a machine from a guy that worked in shipping at an electronics company. He took my machine to work and used a foam machine. It would have taken some real work to damage that machine and unpacking it was really easy. I have no idea what the machines and materials cost, but I wish every machine I received came to me that way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast