I picked up a Sankyo Big Powerful Fever some time ago. It mostly sat as decoration in my office but I would let friends (or rather their kids) play it from time to time and it would work great. Even hit Fever a couple of times. But for the last few years it's sat unused and unplugged.

Recently I renovated the office and wanted to more prominently display the pachinko machine. Plugged her in and while the display was a little shrunken it was fine after about 20 minutes of warming up. My son played it for a while and it worked great. Then it showed the red light on the front indicating that the reward hopper was empty. I refilled it but the light wouldn't go away. I've confirmed that there are no ball jams and the two streams of balls reach down to the reward motor. But the red light doesn't clear and the reward motor doesn't respond when you hit a target.

I barely know how to maintain these machines let alone repair them. I assume that either there is something wrong with the little reward motor, the electronics that control the reward motor, or that the system is simply stuck and needs to be reset. I'm not sure how to reset the unit and don't see any obvious reset switch on the back.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be wrong with the machine?

Thanks,

Justin