Thread: 1972 Daiichi electrical and playfield cleaning questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1972 Daiichi electrical and playfield cleaning questions

Hi,

sorry, I know I am posting a lot lately. I've had a bit of a break finally in life and hoping to get some of my machines done. I have started working on my Daiichi as I don't know how long my break will be and won't be swapping the playfield and so hoping will go quicker.

Anyway I have some questions.

1) the electrical is currently not working so pulled it out to do some testing.

1a) First part on electrical I was wondering was about a fuse. There is no fuse holder and I assumed that it was removed but other Daiichi photos also don't have a fuse. Was there no fuses at all?

1b) The other piece to the electrical as I will rewire is, what is the purpose of this piece here that was stapled to the machine? (I cannot figure out how to insert photos at certain spots of the message. The piece I am referring to is the electrical picture that is not of the terminals)

2) I have read that removing the nails can chip the playfield on this type of machine so won't be pulling but as this is my first machine I am not replacing the playfield graphic I have questions about cleaning it certain parts. I did pull off the tulip as it was screwed on. One screw had to be drilled as it was

2a) I have read about methods for cleaning the Formica and the nails but how do you clean the pockets well whole still on the machine?

2b) As the nails are tiny for the center feature on this machine would you remove them to pull it to clean? I am not sure how to clean it without soaking and scrubbing it.

2c) what is the best way to clean the spinners and the plastic race guard or whatever you call it?

thanks for any advice,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1972 Daiichi electrical and playfield cleaning questions

I have not seen enough Daiichi's to say, but I would put in an inline fuse if I were to use a wall adapter. With a 9 Volt battery, no need,

The connection in the wiring is just a simple wire connector, allowed them to connect 1 wire to 2.

As far as clean in place, sorry. I remove everything for cleaning.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    Hi,

sorry, I know I am posting a lot lately. I've had a bit of a break finally in life and hoping to get some of my machines done. I have started working on my Daiichi as I don't know how long my break will be and won't be swapping the playfield and so hoping will go quicker.

Anyway I have some questions.

1) the electrical is currently not working so pulled it out to do some testing.

1a) First part on electrical I was wondering was about a fuse. There is no fuse holder and I assumed that it was removed but other Daiichi photos also don't have a fuse. Was there no fuses at all(install and use an in line fuse)

1b) The other piece to the electrical as I will rewire is, what is the purpose of this piece here that was stapled to the machine? (I cannot figure out how to insert photos at certain spots of the message. The piece I am referring to is the electrical picture that is not of the terminals) ​(looks like a way to create a wire split.. a way to provide power to two points)

2) I have read that removing the nails can chip the playfield on this type of machine so won't be pulling but as this is my first machine I am not replacing the playfield graphic I have questions about cleaning it certain parts. I did pull off the tulip as it was screwed on. One screw had to be drilled as it was

2a) I have read about methods for cleaning the Formica and the nails but how do you clean the pockets well whole still on the machine? (im sure we all have our tricks.. q-tips and cleaner, sprayed on the q-tip.. i never spray anything on the machine)

2b) As the nails are tiny for the center feature on this machine would you remove them to pull it to clean? I am not sure how to clean it without soaking and scrubbing it ( your going to have to polish by hand.. shoelace/t-shirt strips w/polish)

2c) what is the best way to clean the spinners and the plastic race guard or whatever you call it? (spinners?? i use cell cleaner on thouse.. "race guard??? the stainless tracks that the ball run on?? I use 0000 steel wool on those)

thanks for any advice,
    Mike
    hope that helps.. sorry, feeling lazy tonight did not want to multi quote
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks both. I think I will need to rewire everything. Either the wires or sockets are bad I think. The way the machine was set up for 2 bulbs in upper left corner. Top bulb for low balls, bottom for jackpot. I think I would like to add another bulb to center for jackpot as well as it is see through. I was surprised it did not have one already as it is a nice purple lens and I think will look nice.
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad