Thread: Help ID

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help ID

Hello, I'm new to the forum and would like to know what the name or manufacture of this machine is. I'm having trouble locking the door, I just replaced the key and for some reason the door will not catch the lock. Any help or lock adjusting procedure would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hfd6351

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help ID

TRAD, released by Okazaki in 1998.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is there a "dogleg" on the inside part of the lock to catch the locking bar??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

7. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pics of the lock mechanism, the pic of the key tumbler claw seems to hit the latch on the inside of the cabinet. It all seems to be installed correctly I just need to figure out if there is any adjustment I can make. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hfd6351 View Post

I'm having trouble locking the door, I just replaced the key and for some reason the door will not catch the lock. Any help or lock adjusting procedure would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Hi hfd6351 and welcome to the group!

For your door lock issue you say you replaced the key. Will it turn both directions with the door open? The rails inside should move in relation to the key turning. If you removed the lock cylinder at any point did you get the hook/tab on the back of the cylinder back into the same position? This is the dogleg that luckydog referred to. Your locking hooks may also be bent or out of place.

I picked up a machine that was tough in closing due to the door sagging on the hinges and needing to be lifted while closing until repairs were done. Also check for wires or other objects that may be getting stuck in the door frame on the inner left side as the door shuts.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Hi hfd6351 and welcome to the group!

For your door lock issue you say you replaced the key. Will it turn both directions with the door open? The rails inside should move in relation to the key turning. If you removed the lock cylinder at any point did you get the hook/tab on the back of the cylinder back into the same position? This is the dogleg that luckydog referred to. Your locking hooks may also be bent or out of place.

I picked up a machine that was tough in closing due to the door sagging on the hinges and needing to be lifted while closing until repairs were done. Also check for wires or other objects that may be getting stuck in the door frame on the inner left side as the door shuts.
    Yes it will turn in both directions. The rails inside move in relation to the key turning. As far as the lock itself it has been removed and reinstalled. As for the hook on the back of the cylinder it appears to be installed correctly. When I turn the key one way the latches move up and down, I turn the key in the opposite direction and nothing happens. That's the way it was since the beginning so I just assumed that was the way it was suppose to be. The door does sag a bit but when I close it it seems to be getting hung up on the screw that fastens that hook that's on the back of the cylinder. It seems to be hitting the metal bracket that is attached to the cabinet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you able to post some pictures showing the locks backside area and one of the cabinet where the screw is hanging up? Turning the key to the left performs a soft reset. There would be only a small bar moving into the path a sensor to do this by looking at my machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I missed your pics from the other day. I guess I scrolled past them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay so trying some new thoughts now that I saw your pictures-sorry about that. The only other thing I can think of for now is that the lock cylinder is too long or has extra washers on the end. I never replaced a cylinder but from past shopping for them, there are many lengths available. There is a chance that the overflow token tray next to the hopper is a tad too long and keeping the door from fully closing?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I looked at that the only thing I see that is in the way seems to be the screw that fastens the hook onto the back of the lock cylinder. As far as the cylinder, that is what came with the machine, I just got a new key for it is all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    TRAD, released by Okazaki in 1998.

Does anybody have this same machine that they could take a picture of the latch assy? I am completely baffled as to why this door does not lock. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bump