Thread: My visit with the future Utah pachinko parlor owner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking My visit with the future Utah pachinko parlor owner

OK, OK, so I'm getting Chris in a little ahead of himself. BUT, his new collection of pachinkos and pachislos is set in one of the coolest and historic locations(at least for fans of John Browning) I've been to in some time. I was invited to his small kickoff event at his place a couple nights ago, and here's what he had laid out:

Hmmmm. Forgot to take pics of all the pizza.......Anyway, I had so much fun playing the machines and helping Chris get some things sorted out, I lost track of time for the couple hours I was there. It was pretty funny hearing almost everyone that came over more or less saying "I didn't even know these things existed!" Here's Chris doing a reset on an Eva pachislo(Fun Machine!):

So what's the big deal about the location you say? The room he has the machines laid out in was John Browning's workshop. Yes, the iconic weapons inventor of items like the 1911 handgun. It was pretty awesome just thinking about it while walking around. Here's the front of the building:

Chris, I know I already told you, but thanks again for having me over. I really had a lot of fun! I wish you all the best luck in kicking off your new pachi business!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My visit with the future Utah pachinko parlor owner

W O W !!!

So I am in California and is Chris going to have a parlor in the building so I can plan a Very cool road trip there .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

W O W !!!

So I am in California and is Chris going to have a parlor in the building so I can plan a Very cool road trip there .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Scott! Glad you could make it out. It was a fun event. The majority of friends and family who came had never heard of pachinko or pachislo and I think many of them left with a good idea of the fun to be had with these machines. Hoping to have everything ready to go for future events and get a few more machines as well. If anyone is ever out this way, feel feel to stop by!
    Pachi Fever!

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to alucard7x7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me know if you make a trip up here. Maybe we can all meet up at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    W O W !!!

Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

8. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hummm Ogden , Utah and a cool Train museum to boot !!

http://theunionstation.org/museums/j...rearms-museum/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And only a 14 hour road trip to you .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a skip across town. They had a toy train show at the museum about a month ago. Cool toys! And the Browning museum is housed there too! Hmmmm.....recurring theme....

12. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am a big Browing 1911 fan and I have checked out what type of Hotels are in the area and how much for a nice long weekend there

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/hamp...rack_pss_atl=1
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 04-30-2016 at 12:47 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There's a couple nice Hilton Garden Inn's around. I've stayed at the one in Layton a couple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    I am a big Browing 1911 fan and I have checked out what type of Hotels are in the area and how much for a nice long weekend there

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/hamp...rack_pss_atl=1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There's a couple nice Hilton Garden Inn's around. I've stayed at the one in Layton a couple times. Make sure you get here on a Friday so you can do some things on Saturday. Some things are closed on Sunday around here, but man is it the best day to go shopping for stuff!