Thread: Power supply/connection help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Power supply/connection help

Hey guys,

I'm looking for this piece. It's connected to cables on the machine side of the transformer. Anyone know what it's called or where to buy one? I purchased a machine with no transformer or household power and I'm trying to get it working.
    20160421_121601.jpg20160421_121724.jpg20160421_121729.jpg20160421_121746.jpg20160421_121750.jpg

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Power supply/connection help

Maybe I'm confused. In picture 1, it looks like a female socket near the on / off switch.
    In the rest of the pictures, it looks like the corresponding male plug with wires attached.

If that's the case, run your new 24V AC transformer wires to the male plug wires.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I apologize for my poorly worded question. I'm actually wanting to know what the male 2 pin connector is called and where to find one. I took a picture of the cable I already have that's connected to another machine, but I need to buy another cable with that 2 pin male piece to attach to my new transformer.
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a tough question to answer. I really don't know if there is a standard. Japan sometimes uses different connectors that the US.
    You would need to know the pitch {pin spacing} and all the measurements of the connector to search through datasheets.
    Drunkenclam might know?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't imagine in the first person to have this problem. Has anyone else purchased a machine without a transformer and the cables to attach the transformer to the machine?
    Pachi Fever!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Might be some sort of code number or markings on either the plug or socket.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did see some marking, but nothing that I thought helped identify which type of connector it was. There's this on the cable which I assume identifies it: HHFF 125mm*2 <PS>E JET FUJI E.W.C.
    Last edited by alucard7x7; 04-23-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On my PENGUIN arelachi, the transformer wires were poorly soldered to the pins of a similar connector then gooped with silicone. I never liked that. Eventually, the stress cracked a pin loose from the circuit board. To fix it well (as opposed to correctly), I removed the circuit board from the machine to gain access to the back. Unsoldered the wires (after the tedious removal of silicone!), then removed the connector housing and unsoldered the pins from the board. Cleaned with alcohol, and this left a clean power board with 2 holes where the pins were. I then prepped the wires and inserted them through the holes and securely soldered in place. The wire has an inline fuse, and is wire nutted in place...I'll eventually solder a connector in place of the wire nuts.
    I like the idea of finding the right connector...but that might be tough. Mine was already messed up, so I didn't even try! If you run out of patience looking...this will work. It just depends on how tough it is to access the power circuit board. Getting to the back side to solder to the traces is key to a good connection. The original solder job was a quick fix without removing the board or connector. That is why it failed.
    If you do it...do it right! That way you won't have to do it again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pachiwall; 04-23-2016 at 02:26 PM.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would take your male connector and make a trip to your local electronics mega mart to see if you can find something that will work. Not sure what you might have in Utah, but a Fry's Electronics or something similar is probably your best bet. Frys does have an online store, but you'd probably be purchasing hoping for a good fit rather than knowing you have a good fit.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a really good idea. Hopefully I'm able to find the connector but I think if I don't this week, I'll be looking for a new power cable and new connectors. Sounds like a much more impressive amount of time to do but it looks like it'll work! Thank you!
    Pachi Fever!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to alucard7x7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wish we had a large Fry's here, but unfortunately I don't think we have any large electronics stores. I may have found the part I need nearby, but they're closed saturdays. The biggest problem shopping online was that I didn't even know what I was looking for or at least what it was called! Then there's the spacing and what not and the size of the connector which makes it even harder.
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The cable marking aren't much help. Your not going to find the right cable off the shelf unless it came from a junk pachi in the same frame. You would need to locate the plug itself then crimp or solder them onto a new lead. In the UK we have RS components and Farnells to get such parts. But it's mostly Web or phone ordering as they only have a few branches around the country.

As above. You could desolder the socket and solder a lead direct to the board. Or replace both socket and plug for a new matching item.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, at this point, it may be more trouble than it's worth to track down the cable and connector components. There are a few machines with matching power connectors that actually fit my machine. For example, the picture I posted above is from my Yamato Resurrection machine. It has the same power connector parts as the new Sonic machine i'm trying to get working, I pulled the transformer and cables from the Yamato machine the other day and hooked it up to Sonic and it ran great. I suppose at the end of the day I could always pull power from another machine, but I would much rather have parts for every machine. I would gladly buy a junk pachi if I could find one cheap and if it had the parts I needed.
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you! I had just found these Molex connectors on another site. I will let you know if they work.
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Word of warning. Normally these type of connectors. The casing is supplied separately from the crimp pins inside. So need to order both.

Worse case. Order a new 2 pin header with the same through hole pitch as your current one and get a plug and pins to suit.
    As it's an incoming power. The pins in the plug should be incased so as to not short out on anything if it's disconnected but still has power.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 04-24-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko