Thread: Credit mods

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Credit mods

Vince (autoslot) has got a few new offerings that expand the number of machines which can take advantage of the credit mod feature of his autostop cable.

AS-02 is the current generation of his basic model, works with most machines.

AS-03 has the coin sensor logic reversed for use with 2001 era IGT machines.

AS-04 supports greater than 5V on the coin sensors and up to 3 coin sensors

http://www.autoslot.info/pachitalk

I ordered one of each of the new ones to try them out.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Credit mods

Let us know what you think of them, please.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me start by saying that I'm not really up for a discussion of the "purity" of credit mods, autostops, coin conversions, or VOLUME CONTROLS (shouting for the benefit of the true purists who lost their hearing long ago from playing pachis with no volume mods)

I did, however recieve the new autoslot cables that I purchased from Vince (autoslot) with the new credit mods to support some "less common" coin sensor configurations

I got the AS-03 which supports coin sensors that are normally 0 volts that raise up to a voltage as the coin passes through. Most notably many IGT machines.

I also recieved the new AS-04 which supports up to 3 coin sensors, of any voltage that are "normally high"

I installed the AS-03 in my Rattlesnake machine (2 coin sensors, normally 0V.) It had more connectors than I expected, but the instructions on his web-site explained the reason

http://www.autoslot.info/credit.htm

It took about 3 minutes, with no tools other than a fingernail clipper, to install the AS-03 complete with credit wiring.

In my Rattlesnake machine, the AS-03 works perfectly giving me the credit add feature that I have become accustomed to on several of my other machines and further reducung my need for tokens

I installed the AS-04 in my customized Rodeo Crayfish machine (2 coin sensors, normally 12V) in even less time and it didn't even require the clippers I did get a coin path error the 1st time I tried the credit mod, but a quick swap of the 2 connectors put it back on the right track.

These 2 new models allow me to have all of the machines in my collection set up with the same set of features.

At this point, I have AS-02Cs in a couple machines and DIY kits in several machines in addition to the newer models. They all work very well for me and dramatically reduce the number of tokens that I need to have on hand to enjoy all of my toys.

Also worth mentioning is that Vince sent me the "freebie" volume controls with my autoslot cables. I installed 2 of these in my last loud machine, and I have to say that they are great. They are FAR easier to solder in than the Pachislo.com units, and they have much better useful adjustment range on the dial. I think Vince said they are 1K ohm pots.

These are definetly my favorite volume control at the moment
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, Chris. Good report!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko

Also worth mentioning is that Vince sent me the "freebie" volume controls with my autoslot cables. I installed 2 of these in my last loud machine, and I have to say that they are great. They are FAR easier to solder in than the Pachislo.com units, and they have much better useful adjustment range on the dial. I think Vince said they are 1K ohm pots.

These are definetly my favorite volume control at the moment
    Having just installed the pachislo.com volume controls in my 2 machines I'm curious as to how the autoslot units are "FAR easier to solder in". I might have to try them out on my next machine.

Kevin
    Pachislos: Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinkos: Girls Und Panzer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If anybody gets a coin mod to work in a Net machine that has a coin reel stop board that has a 6 pin connector (like my Super Blackjack) please share your info. I am just a little ...OK .... maybe a lot... chicken... to experiment with mine. But would sure like too get the coin function working.

Tom
    ****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just in case anyone wants to see a picture of the board here is a link to a couple pictures of mine.

Front:
    http://home.columbus.rr.com/tcordes/SBJ1.JPG

Back:
    http://home.columbus.rr.com/tcordes/SBJ2.JPG
    ****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chris, are these the pots you mentioned/had for freebies ? (pic below) Are these just for Piezo speakers ? Wondering on the power handling if you were to put in series with say a 10W 8 ohm speaker or is that what you did ? Surely they are only 1/4 watt or something :

http://www.autoslot.info/OKWIRE.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Si7
    Chris, are these the pots you mentioned/had for freebies ? (pic below) Are these just for Piezo speakers ? Wondering on the power handling if you were to put in series with say a 10W 8 ohm speaker or is that what you did ? Surely they are only 1/4 watt or something :

http://www.autoslot.info/OKWIRE.JPG
    Yes, those are the ones that Autoslot sells and currently throws in for free with the purchase of one of his cables.

To answer an above question, the reason they are easier to solder than the pachislo.com controls is that they have a nice small tinned ring on both sides of the board, so it just takes a speck of solder and very little heat to get a good connection. The pachislo.com boards have 2 tinned pads on one side of the board that are about 3/8" square. These large pads wick away a bunch of solder from the wire, and I alwasys seem to end up with a big cruddy looking joint. The large pads also transfer a lot of heat to the trimmer and that can't be good for it.

From the specs I see on Autoslots trimmer, they are rated at 1/2 watt at about 200 degrees F. One thing that is worth noting is that when you add these devices into the speaker circuit, you are dramatically increase the impedance of the circuit which in turn lowers the current and the power equally dramatically. I'd be surprised if most machines at normal household volume levels would be pushing more than 1/2 Watt RMS to each speaker.

The part number on the trimmer is 72PR1K

http://www.bitechnologies.com/pdfs/72.pdf

Just as a point of reference, I can't find enough numbers on the pachislo.com trimmer to find the specs, but the pachislo.com trimmer is less that half the size of the Autoslot trimmer and it has proven itself reliable in nearly all pachislo applications.

Thanks
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it would be fine up at 1K say, the resistance would pull the voltage down the second any current flowed and cut any real power but if it was wound down to 4 - 8 ohms I'd think it might "warm up" a little as it would dissipate half the amps power if the main speaker was a similar impedance.

Still, if pots half this size are working OK then that's good enough for me, I'll try some.

Thanks for the specs and links, that's great, ta

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when i enter part number 72PR1K into bitechnologies.com search engine, it doesnt come up.
    am i doing something wrong?
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pot I am using is a Beckman 72PR1K. Here is a link to an identical pot:
    http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...roductId=42964
    Speaker volume controls 101:

Even though most pachi speakers are rated at 10W, 8 ohms, the speaker rarely sees that power, and if it does, it is of extremely short duratation. Tests I done on units show the maximum average voltage across an 8 ohm speaker was 1.5Volts. This was done by generating a coin error and setting volume controls at maximum (Yes the noise was deafening!)P=V2/R so the power across that speaker was an average of 1.5x1.5/8 or .28 watts. Even if the max voltage is 2 Volts, that is only .5 watts of power. Now, by putting a volume control in series with the speaker, the resistance is increased further (usually by at least 50 ohms.) Even if all 2 volts was dropped across the volume control, the volume control would only see 2x2/50 or .08 watts! The maximum power that could possibly be seen on the volume control is .125 watts, (when it is set to 8 ohms. The speaker sees 1 volt and the volume control sees 1 volt.)

Therefore there should be no problem putting a 1/2 watt volume control on a Pachi!

As far as the sound amplifiers go, the only real way to damage them is by making the speaker load less than 8 ohms, so they would deliver too much current. The only way to do this is short out the speaker, which really shouldn't happen unless you let the speaker wires short against something else in the machine. I recommend putting a piece of electrical tape on the back of the volume control board once it is soldered in.

Vince
    autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that's a competitor part no. search engine - to cross reference competitor components to their equivalent part.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

power across that speaker was an average of 1.5x1.5/8 or .28 watts
    Seems a bit low an average of 280mW but that input power can still be "loud" I agree even on a low sensitivity speaker.

I'll get a couple of those 1/2W cermets then !

Thanks for the info

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Credit Mod + Autoslot Chip Kit works a treat

The AUTOSLOT Kit works great on my Macy Thunder V gives me all the things the cable would do,super fast shipping to the UK as well.I love the credit mod i can use this as a token hopper machine for my others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I need some help updating my credit table. http://www.autoslot.info/credit

I get many questions about which autostop model works with particular machines, in order to get the credit-add function to work. I've put a chart on my web site to assist people in choosing the correct unit and which wires to connect to. (This chart should help those using the PachisloUSA chip also).

I have a link on the page to e-mail updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Vince
    autoslot