Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Gundam RX-78 Pachislo: Game wont respond to credits, wont spin reels, play..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question New Gundam RX-78 Pachislo: Game wont respond to credits, wont spin reels, play..

Hey guys.

I made a video to show exactly what is going on.

When I received the machine from AKIMONO, I noticed that it had been banged up pretty good in transit by FED-EX. The reels had come loose and were no longer secure in the back, the coin-box was lose and not in its slot etc. The machine had to be "reassembled" so to speak. No big deal really.

The game is not, to my knowledge, throwing any codes.

The basic problem is this.

No matter how many coins I insert, I cannot press the joystick to spin the reels and play the game.

I Know that the joystick works, because the info menu you can access while the game is in attract mode works fine and the joystick and buttons can be used to navigate it properly.

The video explains it better I think.

I have performed what I assume to be a reset, but perhaps I am not doing it correctly. You guys can watch the video and let me know what you think. THANK YOU in advance for any help...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Gundam RX-78 Pachislo: Game wont respond to credits, wont spin reels, pl

you need to press the bet button before each spin
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Gundam RX-78 Pachislo: Game wont respond to credits, wont spin reels, pl

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I believe that I did do this in the video: nothing happens...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just went back and re-watched my own video, and no, I do not press the MAX BET button. However: once I put in 3+ coins, why is this big button not lighting up? Why is it not telling me to press? I have pushed the button (not in this video) and: nothing happens. Game responds as shown.

Also odd is that I cannot seem to make an adjustment to the difficulty, as shown in the video, even in reset mode the game reads 0 on the display screen inside the door... and does not respond to any button presses. A clue?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you never pressed the big black button above the spin knob!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I press it: nothing happens. Now what?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Made a new video for you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you could check your wiring on the bet button?

the odds setting button is either on the inside of the door or on the power supply.

also, you should also be able to do a soft reset by turning the door key to the left.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you could check your wiring on the bet button?

the odds setting button is either on the inside of the door or on the power supply.

also, you should also be able to do a soft reset by turning the door key to the left.
    The bet button works, it can be used in the info menu accessible from the attract mode. All the buttons work.

I do a adjustment attempt in the video in the OP, as you can see, the game is non responsive and says 0 no matter what I press or do while the reset key is set to ON.

No soft reset happens when turning the key to the left.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if it says zero when you try setting the odds you are not pressing the odds button,

I'm running out of things to try, maybe another member can help you?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe the start knob is damaged. Can you see if it triggers an led on the circuit board when you press it. Never mind. Just seen it works in the first video.

The eject credit didn't see store work either. Try adding credit say 5 or more. Then pressing and holding the eject button.

But as LD says. It's odd you can't do a full reset. Are you sure that's the correct button on the PSU. On all of mine. The button is located on different places. One on the door. The other on the main processor.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 03-26-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also check to see if a button is stuck down. Try each button and see if an led lights up on the processor.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Also check to see if a button is stuck down. Try each button and see if an led lights up on the processor.
    Each button DOES trigger a light on the board on top in the back. They all seem to work just fine...

Suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know on my Eva machine, I can get to a menu with a number of options and the knob will allow me to scroll through the options. Does yours have a menu you can go to and see if the knob will allow you to scroll through options? Might be a good way to see if the knob is busted or if it truly is a machine error.
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alucard7x7 View Post
    I know on my Eva machine, I can get to a menu with a number of options and the knob will allow me to scroll through the options. Does yours have a menu you can go to and see if the knob will allow you to scroll through options? Might be a good way to see if the knob is busted or if it truly is a machine error.
    Yeah, I can. Same thing. When the game is in attract mode with 0 credits inserted, you can access the menu. The joystick and buttons work properly when in this mode.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you check every button/switch for an input. Even the buttons you don't use like the 1 and 2 bet buttons
    Test every one. From the joystick. Cash out button. MAX BET. Even the door key soft reset. Check to may sure a light goes on and off. If the machine is getting any inputs it will stop it from playing without giving an error. Also don't forget to ring Frank and tell him your having a problem.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 03-26-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One other thing which is probably stupid.... My machine that came the other day actually had a small screw from the power supply that had ripped out of the machine and become wedged in the door. I did not know this was happening and there was no "door open" alert, but the machine would not work. Maybe make sure the door is completely closed and there is nothing wedged in there somehow?
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It seems like the reset key/switch isn't doing anything. Although that's inside the power supply so I doubt it was damaged. The LED should display the odds (1-6) when resetting not 0. For info the odds button on my Strike Witches is on the power supply.

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off... that is a really nice machine.. sucks to be giving you issues.

The power supply on this machine appears to be the same as on my Sankyo/Bisty machines.
    I am going to concur with mandoman that maybe the key switch is not working properly on the box.
    That little jingle you hear in the first video should be playing once the key is in the ON position.
    Try power the unit down fully, then switch the Key to the ON position (turn to the right) and then power it back up. That jingle should be heard almost instantly. you should then be able to press the red button on the power supply and get the odds to change on the LED in the door...

There might be a bad solder contact on the inner key switch, or the PS could just be faulty.
    I'll try to get a video demoing what I am talking about.

Rob

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I recorded a Video
    https://youtu.be/kbOkaHQIqVk

Basic Rest information provided for the Sankyo/Bisty machines..
    I think the machine is either stuck in the middle of a reset or the key switch is faulty.

Try doing a full reset as in my video, including changing the odds and see where that gets you.

Alternatively you can also unplug and let the machine sit for about a Week so that the batteries discharge.. this will throw an E-8 error and force you to do the same reset.. in the event that something is stuck in memory or a mode was activated inadvertantly in the setup menus..

Rob

22. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast