Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nishijin-based Computer Pachinko - need help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin-based Computer Pachinko - need help!

i have never played this version of a computer pachinko but i would guess it operates the same as the style im more familiar with.. it give you a set amount ob balls for each tulip and a score for each tulip.. one you get 100 pts you would get a free game.. and you play until you run out of balls..

or better yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwxQesuW03o
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Question: is this particular machine designed to payout balls upon hitting winning pockets, or is it like an arrangeball......16 balls and if you get a free replay with your score, great?
    It should payout winning balls to extend your playtime. I don't know how many variations there are of this machine setup but mine has a pin to move and pre-determine the amount won. If I recall this is located below the payout solenoid. (Hard to see in my picture in earlier post) A free replay should come after each 100 points won. It has been months since I last messed with mine but I did get replacements for most of the computer chips. Perhaps I can pull mine out in our springtime weather this week and get back into it.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the replies....Right now, the back pieces of my machine are off due to me trying to figure out other things. Not sure if mine is going to pay out extra balls when I get it all back together. Hoping!
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From comparing our pictures I believe that we have the same setup in back. If you need any help via close up pictures just shout

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    From comparing our pictures I believe that we have the same setup in back. If you need any help via close up pictures just shout
    You could do me a big favor and get a video of the back while someone is playing the machine from the front. I need to see how certain things work in the back as jackpots are hit, etc. That would be a big help......
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the white ball ramp that sits on the bell actually move or is it stationary?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe peteybob's issues were similar to mine. Mine is torn apart right now, but the replay for 100 points doesn't work, and I don't think the extra ball payout is going to work when it gets put back together. I think I'm gonna need help on that issue......

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    A little long but a good outcome

I got a few hours in today to poke around the circuit board and found a very tiny break in a solder joint when compared to pictures from other users. Looks like someone had a go at this once already and a tool scratched through a few spots, one breaking the joint. This fix in itself did not correct any of the issues. The fuse was taken out and tested okay. I also separated the wiring to inspect which all looked fine.

Next I swapped around the relays being all 3 are the same on my board but this changed nothing. I also swapped around (shot gunning?) several IC’s after some general learning about each type. So my educated guess was to start with the 3 flip-flop IC’s in U2, U5, and U7. Doing so has fixed two of my known three problems. The winning balls are now triggered to pay out and the scoreboard is adding 10 points for each ball in a pocket/tulip. The third issue is that credits are not given after each 100+ points. At least that’s what I understand is to happen?? I was able to duplicate the same problems so I assume part of this CD4013 IC batch is faulty or perhaps the problem is in relation with somewhere else? More reading and such for another day on the credits part.

I like that the amount of balls being dispensed can be set to 4, 6, or 8. Sort of a difficulty setting for how many winning balls you can get for continued play. You get three sets of that number for initial play and you win the 4, 6, or 8 for each ball in a pocket/tulip plus you get the winning ball back as well. Give the better shooters less to start with and per win for a greater challenge perhaps.

I’m two thirds there and will report back with any additional findings. Thanks to all that helped me in this thread and in prior threads!
    Attachment 85908

Some background information for others working on a similar machine.
    I have board # PEI 117-4 which may be very similar to others but not completely the same.

The LED’s in the score and credit section were lit up and appeared okay all along since I got this machine. The credits section did and still does function when set to multi-player and adding 1 credit for an additional player when a token is inserted. I have not gotten it to add credits thru play and score total as of yet.

The scoring and payout of winning balls was not working at all prior to changing around the IC’s. The mechanics of the payout seemed alright as it is the same as what dispenses the balls when inserting a token for play and this has been working. I figured it had to be either a bad wire or a signal not getting sent. A winning ball would go into the seesaw and trip the micro switch above it. This in turn would cause the lower solenoid to reset to seesaw and payout out the single ball from inside it. The same micro switch also seemed to be the only thing to trigger the far right solenoid for a payout of your winning balls. This micro switch is also what causes 10 points to be added to the score board each time it is activated.
    So, are you saying that you got the ball-drop payout feature to work simply by switching around the U2, U5 & U7 chips? If so, how do you remove them, without breaking them or doing damage to the board? I am in uncharted territory here.......
    Last edited by Bigdog; 02-21-2017 at 01:10 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I went ahead and ordered a bunch of new chips from Jameco, although I'm still not sure how to remove the old ones or install the new ones. Any feedback on this particular subject is appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could do me a big favor and get a video of the back while someone is playing the machine from the front. I need to see how certain things work in the back as jackpots are hit, etc. That would be a big help......
    I'll need to see what I can get done for a video.

Does the white ball ramp that sits on the bell actually move or is it stationary?
    The white ball ramp is stationary.

So, are you saying that you got the ball-drop payout feature to work simply by switching around the U2, U5 & U7 chips? If so, how do you remove them, without breaking them or doing damage to the board? I am in uncharted territory here.......
    Yes It did work out by switching chips around but then another aspect wasn't happening completely as it should. It can be a total crap shoot. But I did order replacements for I think 18 of the 22 chips? Cost was cheap enough to give it a try someday. Perhaps this weekend???

Removing chips can be easy if they a set on top of what looks like a raise plastic plate. These are often just pressed in and others would be soldered in place. I removed the board from the machine the first few times in swapping chips around. The biggest concern I had was flexing the circuit board and damaging some connection. After a few times I found that hardly any pressure or force was applied to my circuit board when pulling or installing the chips.

I went ahead and ordered a bunch of new chips from Jameco, although I'm still not sure how to remove the old ones or install the new ones. Any feedback on this particular subject is appreciated.
    I found this video a really simple job of removing and installing the chips. Watch it a couple times to take in the details being explained. Pay special attention to the installation as to not bend the pins and to which end goes where. Pins are very flexible but also fragile. The dot or notch refers to the #1 pin and is often noted on the circuit board.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6zt1iGmEY

Be very gentle in pulling out the chips. The screw driver methods works I guess but I I'd be concerned with cracking something underneath. I have a tool like this one pictured that was is a small computer tool kit. It has claw like ends that fit underneath the ends of the chip. You still need to rock it end to end some to loosen the chip out of the holder. There are many specialty tools made for this as well.
    Chip Puller.jpg

A final thought is to have the machine unplugged and yourself grounded or at least free from static. Static can kill chips easily.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is another problem that I'm having with this machine. When the machine is turned off (unplugged), the game-play counter in the back of the machine registers as a full number. When I plug the machine in the counter advances one-half of a digit....I.e. Between the "7" and the "8". Winning scores of 100 or 200 do not register a replay credit on the front of the machine, and the beginning of a new game (insertion of a quarter for a new game) does not advance the counter on the back......it stays between the 7 and 8. Further, when I unplug the machine, the counter on the back goes ahead and advances to the 8. Is it possible that the counter on the back being stuck while the game is on has anything to do with the replay LED on the front? I'm an electronics idiot......please be kind if these have absolutely nothing to do with one another. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yet another question: I just received a bunch of replacement integrated chips from Jameco. For example, on my machine, I have three chips that are labeled "cd4013AE"...........I received from them chips labeled "cd4013be". It was all they had. What is the difference between "AE" and "BE"? Could I do damage to my machine by using these chips? Your educated responses are greatly appreciated as I am not versed in this area at all. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yet another question: I just received a bunch of replacement integrated chips from Jameco. For example, on my machine, I have three chips that are labeled "cd4013AE"...........I received from them chips labeled "cd4013be". It was all they had. What is the difference between "AE" and "BE"? Could I do damage to my machine by using these chips? Your educated responses are greatly appreciated as I am not versed in this area at all. Thanks!
    I wondered about this as well in the past and saw this response from browne92. I don't know the differences in application but am rolling with it! Kind of a non answer from me but trusting in other's wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Chips with the A suffix are unbuffered, chips with the B suffix are buffered. Without going into a long technical explanation, the B suffix chips will work fine in your application.
    from post entry #30 at http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...uple-icsi.html

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Pete, that thread is very helpful.......I wonder if he ever got his machine working? Similar issues......same machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After replacing every IC on the board, I was unable to change either of my problems. First, despite scoring 100 or 200 points, my machine does not register a free replay. If this is the only issue, I can live with that fault. Second, I have torn my machine apart, so I do not yet completely know what happens when a ball goes through a jackpot feature, however, I am unconvinced that the machine is designed to payout additional balls upon hitting a winning pocket. It does appear that the machine will give you back your winning ball for continued play. maybe it is designed like an arrangeball in that you only get a certain amount of balls dropped at the beginning of play, and when you have cycled through them, game over. If anyone, and I mean anyone, has such a machine that pays out winning balls during play, please try to capture such (back of the machine during game action) on video so that I could try to see what my machine is missing. Thanks to all who have responded to this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3