Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nishijin-based Computer Pachinko - need help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin-based Computer Pachinko - need help!

So, I found an upright Computer Pachinko that is based off of a Nishijin B model on Craigslist. I drove a ton to get it for $70. The guy said it worked, and it appeared to when I was there, but I was limited on time, and the machine had a bad ball jam. Reason: It's not paying out upon hitting jackpots. I have examined it six ways to Sunday, and I don't understand. When it hits a jackpot and goes through the tulip or feature, there isn't anything electronic until it gets to the see-saw. Once it gets there, it dead ends. However, if I manually depress the see-saw, it does what it is supposed to from there with the payouts, bell-ringing, etc.

Normally, a Nishijin B's see-saw operates via gravity, and unless I'm missing something, that seems to be the method here. However, it takes too much weight to depress the see-saw to make it go down........certainly more than the ball weighs.

If there is anyone who has one that can look at the back of the machine and tell if I am missing any pieces, or simply how the payout feature works. I took the ball tray off in order to see the see-saw workings.

Many thanks for your comments.IMG_0583.jpgIMG_0591.jpgIMG_0584.jpgIMG_0588.jpgIMG_0590.jpg
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin-based Computer Pachinko - need help!

Actually, it's based off of a Nishijin A.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you verified that the seesaw is moving freely? Maybe it is binding a little which makes it feel like it needs more weight to drop into the lowered position? You should probably also check the backside of the seesaw where the counterweight is to make sure someone hasn't thrown some small split shot or something similar in there making the counterweight too heavy for a pachinko ball to trigger the seesaw. Also make sure there isn't some type of adjustable counterweight. I've never seen one on a machine , but you never know. I have never seen a computer pachinko in person, so maybe there are differences in how the seesaw is actuated, but that's where I would start.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have never seen that version of a computer Pachinko in person.. hope ya can get it working..

fing02:
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Have you verified that the seesaw is moving freely? Maybe it is binding a little which makes it feel like it needs more weight to drop into the lowered position? You should probably also check the backside of the seesaw where the counterweight is to make sure someone hasn't thrown some small split shot or something similar in there making the counterweight too heavy for a pachinko ball to trigger the seesaw. Also make sure there isn't some type of adjustable counterweight. I've never seen one on a machine , but you never know. I have never seen a computer pachinko in person, so maybe there are differences in how the seesaw is actuated, but that's where I would start.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Perhaps the microswitch lever is creating excess pressure on the seesaw. If the microswitch looks new, maybe it's been replaced with the wrong one requiring a higher pressure to actuate.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You guys are giving good ideas, however, the microswitch wii move with virtually no pressure. Haven't yet had the opportunity to mess with the weights, but I just sense that it is something different. You might be able to see where the see-saw has a pole running down to annother see-saw type that moves opposite when the original see-saw is triggered downward. That, in turn, puts downward pressure on another lever that trips the payout, bell, lights. My point is that a lot of stuff has to happen if the answer is simply gravuty from the first see-saw setting everything in motion.

Please keep comments and possibilities coming!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where does the winning ball go after the seesaw?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think back into the winnings tray with rest of the cycled balls. Note:tray was removed by me to be able to see the inner workings.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pic 3 & 4 looks like the solenoid in the bottom causing seesaw to not move freely. Pic 5 looks like seesaw would work freely. Does the solenoid change state on win or power up? Is the solenoid moving freely?

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A missing spring perhaps to hold the solenoid on the bottom open. A win signal would engage the solenoid to reset the seesaw. Just throwing out ideas.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

See, that's the problem. I don't know what a win signal is. Goes through the tulip which opens, and then ride the rail to the see-saw where it stops. It appears that everything is in place to pay out except for the fact that the see-saw doesnt have enoigh weight with one ball to trigger the payout mechanisms. On this machine, is the payout see-saw supposed to be gravity oriented????

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would suspect the microswitch off the seesaw to be the win signal. Do you have a model A for comparison? Appears it should operate like any other model A except no spoon to ride down to trigger the payout. Electronic signal instead.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    I would suspect the microswitch off the seesaw to be the win signal. Do you have a model A for comparison? Appears it should operate like any other model A except no spoon to ride down to trigger the payout. Electronic signal instead.
    Out of all the Pachinkos that I've had, I've never had a Model A. I can tell you that when the see-saw goes down with the ball (only when manually forced), it easily triggers the microswitch which triggers the light and bell. As the see-saw is attached to another see-saw of sorts, see-saw #2 moves down and forces the "solenoid"? to trigger the payout........I think.

I can tell you that if the first see-saw only goes down because of gravity, then I need to get to work with some wd-40. I still say that I'm missing something as the other mechanisms which are supposed to trigger the bells, lights and payout appear to be much too heavy to be only triggered by the see-saw #1.

I sure wish that someone had a video of the backing of this sucker in action. Most of the computer pachinkos that I've seen to date are of the Satomi kind.

Thanks again for all of your comments.
    Last edited by Bigdog; 03-20-2016 at 10:37 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Disconnect the connecting rod below the win seesaw to see if the ball weight will actuate it. Then your issue is below that, perhaps a bent wire in the reset solenoid connections causing extra pressure.

There is a great technical animation in the stickies for the model A. About 2/3 through shows the win functions. Check it out if you have not seen it yet.

Interesting machine for sure. Does the electronics function correctly? What happens with the solenoid on the bottom if you force a winning ball through?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    see-saw #2 moves down and forces the "solenoid"? to trigger the payout........I think.
    I would think that is the seesaw reset solenoid.IMG_0584.jpg

This pic looks like the seesaw should operate freely.IMG_0590.jpg the weight on the lever arm should be enough to hold the reset solenoid open (plunger up). Power to the solenoid would draw the plunger in an reset the seesaw, then release and the plunger should lift again freeing the seesaw for another win ball.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    You might be able to see where the see-saw has a pole running down to annother see-saw type that moves opposite when the original see-saw is triggered downward. That, in turn, puts downward pressure on another lever that trips the payout, bell, lights. My point is that a lot of stuff has to happen if the answer is simply gravuty from the first see-saw setting everything in motion.

Please keep comments and possibilities coming!

Thanks!
    please provide a close up.. im not sure i follow you.. I think your looking at this backwards..

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Nishijin-based Computer Pachinko - need help!

DSC01799.jpg DSC01797.jpg DSC01791.jpg

Not sure if these would help?

Looks like you are missing the tray and ramp pieces?

28. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, I am out of town on business, and cannot respond with pics. However, I appreciate tink, mopar, and Carl's interest, and will continue pursuing such options when I get back this weekend. Thanks guys!

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Computer Pachinko Machine Installation & Operating Instructions

http://pachinkoman.com/attachments/F...inOperated.pdf
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

32. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast