Thread: Help! Kyoraku Gladiator Shooter Issues Continue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help! Kyoraku Gladiator Shooter Issues Continue

Hey all, I posted six months ago or so about the shooter on my Kyoraku Gladiator machine going wonky and then stopping alltogether. It would fire balls at maximum strength all the time, regardless of where you held the throttle. Then it stopped for a while, and I put it in storage. Brought it out today to see if I could get anywhere with it, and finally figured out how to open the lowest section of door to access the shooting mechanism and disconnected and reconnected the wires that lead from the handle and the ones that lead into the shooter.

Now the shooter works fairly reliably, skipping shots occasionally, but it varies wildly as to the intensity of each shot, from barely clearing the launch track to slamming into the far side of the cell, seemingly randomly.

My first plan of action is to use contact cleaner on all the connections, but past that I am at a loss. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue with any newer machine shooters before and what their problem/solution was.

Thanks in advance!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to enigmagic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help! Kyoraku Gladiator Shooter Issues Continue

Quote Originally Posted by enigmagic View Post
    Hey all, I posted six months ago or so about the shooter on my Kyoraku Gladiator machine going wonky and then stopping alltogether. It would fire balls at maximum strength all the time, regardless of where you held the throttle. Then it stopped for a while, and I put it in storage. Brought it out today to see if I could get anywhere with it, and finally figured out how to open the lowest section of door to access the shooting mechanism and disconnected and reconnected the wires that lead from the handle and the ones that lead into the shooter.

Now the shooter works fairly reliably, skipping shots occasionally, but it varies wildly as to the intensity of each shot, from barely clearing the launch track to slamming into the far side of the cell, seemingly randomly.

My first plan of action is to use contact cleaner on all the connections, but past that I am at a loss. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue with any newer machine shooters before and what their problem/solution was.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what year your pachinko is, but I had issues with a weak shooter on my early 90's Sankyo Flying Carpet. I just had to adjust the shooter strength screw about 1/2 a turn, that made it shoot all the way to the rebound bumper reliably. It was not nearly as accurate when it was shooting weak. If that doesn't work I'd post a pic of the machine in hopes someone has a parts machine.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure what kind of shooter is on that frame. Some machines are fully electronic. Some still are mechanical using a cam and adjustable spring.
    Sometimes it's the alignment of the cel in the frame can move so the ball doesn't enter the playing field at the right angle.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a pic of the back shooter case if that helps. I haven't gotten into the mechanism yet.IMG_20150826_225202.jpg
    Also, this was one of the P-Vibe frames. I think from 2002? Don't quote me on that.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to enigmagic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help! Kyoraku Gladiator Shooter Issues Continue

this machine, correct?this one is working correctly if you need any close up photos for comparison
    Last edited by alphaminor; 03-17-2016 at 07:31 PM.
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

btw...the shooter on mine works without a dongle...
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yep, thats the machine, and mine works without a dongle as well. I think the sensor in the shooting handle might need cleaning, so I'm going to see what I can do with that with some contact cleaner. If that doesn't fix the problem, I am well and truly stumped, as is my electronics savvy friend who looked at it this evening.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to enigmagic