Thread: ID Nishijin single shot Model A with unique ball feed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default ID Nishijin single shot Model A with unique ball feed

Hi Pachitalk,

Picked this up from eBay for $50 (local pickup by my kids in Colorado). I have not had a chance to inspect it, but based on the photos the tulip is missing its right leaf. I'm heading to Japan next week so I will see if there is a market for used vintage parts there.

I've never seen a feed mechanism like this before. I looked through Pachinkoboy dot com's catalog of Nishijin and didn't see anything resembling this style.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nishijin single shot recycler mechanics.jpgNishijin single shot recycler.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to jnapier999

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: ID Nishijin single shot Model A with unique ball feed

I have a Heiwa that feeds like that! I bought it JUST because it was different. I can take a pic...but it will be a couple of days.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm no vintage expert, I took me a while to see what was different. Then I saw the lack of a top tray. (I blame the wine)

Have fun on your trip. I'm afraid I don't know any vintage parts dealers. I'm sure there must be some in the country. Before if you can. Post some clear detailed pictures of said tulip. It might be just a standard generic type. That some one there (US) might be able to salvage for you. Or if you find a dealer. A good picture would be a lot easier to ask for.

Sumimasen. Kore wa arimasuka?
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks to me like there used to be a front tray and it has been removed. Possibly a single shot conversion to semi-auto that someone removed a damaged front tray from, essentially turning it back into a single shot?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jnapier999 View Post
    the tulip is missing its right leaf. I'm heading to Japan next week so I will see if there is a market for used vintage parts there.
    Should just be a standard tulip. I didn't see any for sale at the minute on eBay, but one of the parts sellers there will likely post some soon, or someone here may be able to sell you one off a parts machine. It shouldn't be too big a hassle to get one, just remember that tulips send the ball a certain direction so you have to get a tulip that matches directionally (right, left, straight).

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Spyder138, That makes sense. I'll have to get my hands on it and take it apart to see if that is the scoop. Thanks for the input!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Drunkenclam, I'm visiting a high school buddy in the Tokyo area (he stayed there after graduating in '73) I'll recruit him to go scavenging. Anata wa Nihongo ga jozou desu ne!
    This is my 2d machine. It brought back flashbacks of growing up in Japan as a USAF dependent. Had to get it...now my wife is worried I'm hooked! But you guys on this site are great. I appreciate the responses and feedback.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Someone converted that to a single shot. If I were you I'd find a similiar one and replace the front piece to its original design. Actually may be better to use this machine as your parts machine and find one like it to be the keeper

13. The following user says "Thanks" to MrAl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All, I did find some models in pachinkoboy dot com's Vintage Machine Catalog that resemble this. It has the round payout window and chrome buckets that resembles a 1963 model. The playing field and trim looks like the late 1969 which is called a single shot conversion. So the feed mechanism was replaced with the metal plate with a feed in the middle. It looks like a mongrel!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

neat machine

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have seen one or two like that before. I want to say they were conversion done by the exporters. My theory is that the trays got broken off in the parlors so the exporters took the rest of it off and replaced it with a flat panel and that little hole to feed the balls in. Honestly its not a very elegant machine with that huge panel, IMO.

I could be totally wrong on the reasoning. But that is the best guess I have.

100 machines and counting...

18. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The importers were not big on manufacturing new parts for machines, they just tended to buy thousands from parlor, and then mix and match whatever they could. Then they would call them "reconditioned" and sell them to the USA customers.

It is most certainly a 1969, and probably was a front overflow conversion. The tray it currently has may have come from another model of machine, and just happened to fit. It's hard to say, but the lack of a load hole on the right of the frame means it was never intended to be a singleshot.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is my Heiwa.KINDLE_CAMERA_1456847544000.jpg I never thought about it; but, as Rival stated...it has no loading hole in the frame. If never intended to be a single shot, then WHY does it payout to the lower tray? The load hole has a decent ramp.KINDLE_CAMERA_1456847567000.jpg However the inside is pretty cheezy.KINDLE_CAMERA_1456847694000.jpgKINDLE_CAMERA_1456847713000.jpg The door is made of wood, covered by what appears to be the same type of metal as the door frame. Makes me believe it was made before exported. KINDLE_CAMERA_1456847683000.jpg The metal strips probably hels glass in place, currently missing. KINDLE_CAMERA_1456847814000.jpg The back is typical "Model A" type operating system. This machine had been spray painted silver all over the backside. When cleaned up it will be very colorful! Undershot balls fall into this pocket.KINDLE_CAMERA_1456847740000.jpg Then roll through this spring into the front tray.KINDLE_CAMERA_1456847848000.jpg The spring was attached to the green cover where the hole is. It was removed for paint removal.
    Bottom line...I think this cheezy door was installed in Japan...but I don't know why.

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall