Thread: Need help identifying Nishijin Sophia Model 'B' Ebira?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Need help identifying Nishijin Sophia Model 'B' (Ebira?)

I can't find any pictures of my machine online! I'm sure you guys get a lot of people asking to identify machines without them even attempting to find any info about the machine, so i'll save you guys a bit a work. As far as I can tell, This machine seems to be a Nishijin Sophia model 'B', with Ebira (the giant crab/lobster thing from Godzilla) being the main centerpiece. The problem is, EVERY picture i've seen online with Ebira in the middle of the machine has been a different machine!
    This ebay link ---> HERE shows the only one I can find online. I've seen quite a few pictures online of this one, and this one is apparently fairly rare.
    Now look at mine, included below. Notice the differences. Mine has a clock at the top, and at the bottom, instead of two mini openings for balls to fall into, mine are the same size as the rest of the little flippers. I've taken pictures of all stickers and whatnot to try to help you guys identify it. Any help is appreciated! (Also i'm terribly sorry for the condition the machine is in, it was like that when I bought it, honest! (got it dirt cheap years ago) Shall be polishing that chrome soon enough)

IMG_20160127_051747.jpgIMG_20160127_051757.jpgIMG_20160127_051819.jpgIMG_20160127_051833.jpgIMG_20160127_051930.jpgIMG_20160127_051948.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Xenanthropy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help identifying Nishijin Sophia Model 'B' (Ebira?)

finding two machines that match is kinda tough.. keep in mind it seems that early machines were mass produced.. its like the machine when down a (Henry Ford) kinda line as the machine moved a guy grabbed parts out of any bin he wanted cut a hole and inserted the parts.. even to the point that different manufactures had the same parts in there machines.. how im sure that several hundred machiens were made identical but then thouse were probably sent to meany differant parlors.. so finding twins is kinda rare..

your 3rd pic has the expiration sticker.. im going to say your machine is a mid 70's machine .. say cira 1974 or so..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm, so would you say that mine is probably as rare as the one on ebay I linked to? (even though they vary slightly, of course) And thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry, its not really rare at all.. rear in the sense that there are not thouseands of them.. but its a standard style of pachinko.. i dont think i ever recall anyone looking for a lobster machine.. no extra value cause of its features like some others..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I get it now, so it's the type of machine that makes something rare, not the adornments. Guess that means I'll probably be keeping it! I'll be sure to post some pictures on here if I ever decide to restore it. Thanks again for the help!

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Xenanthropy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Xenanthropy View Post
    Hmm, so would you say that mine is probably as rare as the one on ebay I linked to? (even though they vary slightly, of course) And thanks for the warm welcome!
    Welcome to Pachitalk! I hope I don't sound harsh, but I would say it is not a rare machine at all. It is a common year from a common manufacturer with a common centerpiece. If you look at pachinko machines on eBay, 9 out of 10 are listed as rare because the owner has no idea and figures it's old and from Japan so it must be rare. The truth is large quantities were imported in the 70's and even more came home as souvenirs from folks traveling through Japan. If you are trying to determine value of your machine it is probably in the $50 range. Again, eBay sellers are listing at all kinds of crazy prices, but no one is buying at those prices. The machines that sell on eBay and craigslist are a lot closer to the $50 range than the $250 range. Hope that helps.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk! I hope I don't sound harsh, but I would say it is not a rare machine at all. It is a common year from a common manufacturer with a common centerpiece. If you look at pachinko machines on eBay, 9 out of 10 are listed as rare because the owner has no idea and figures it's old and from Japan so it must be rare. The truth is large quantities were imported in the 70's and even more came home as souvenirs from folks traveling through Japan. If you are trying to determine value of your machine it is probably in the $50 range. Again, eBay sellers are listing at all kinds of crazy prices, but no one is buying at those prices. The machines that sell on eBay and craigslist are a lot closer to the $50 range than the $250 range. Hope that helps.
    Definitely helps! Well, considering how heavy they are and if I can't find a local seller, I think it'd make more sense for me to keep it haha. Maybe one day i'll end up restoring it, it's a neat little machine.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Xenanthropy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am in New Zealand so am interested in buying off of you for $50 if you want to sell. I can't offer more that that as I'm up for $200 postage.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to gnome73

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it's a neat little machine.
    yes they are

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gnome73 View Post
    I am in New Zealand so am interested in buying off of you for $50 if you want to sell. I can't offer more that that as I'm up for $200 postage.
    Oh there's no way i'd be able to send it to you in this condition! It's embarrassing, to say the least. I'll at least need to get the specks of rust off the chrome first.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh there's no way i'd be able to send it to you in this condition! It's embarrassing, to say the least. I'll at least need to get the specks of rust off the chrome first.
    no thats ok I restore them from any condition. If you are genuinely interested in selling please determine your sell price and quote me the chepaest shipping price. thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got done restoring one. Seems like a lot of interest already, Ebirah is legendary.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...642#post550642

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you have a 1975 super deluxe