Thread: 75'-76' Sanyo Comet II Resto-Mod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 75'-76' Sanyo Comet II Resto-Mod

Hi, I just had this machine given to me from a family member and decided to restore it but with some modifications.

I've done some research and the inspection tag says it expired in Showa 52 so it must me a 75'-76' machine. It took me a little while to figure out how to open it up and how it works but it worked flawlessly before taking it apart. I know that the background has crowns on it but does anyone have any idea what the guys are in the center spinner? Also, is it common for the upper and lower tray to be different colors? Or has someone replaced those from another machine? I really wish the lower tray was orange like the top one.

Here it is as I received it:

As of yesterday, I finished cleaning every piece of the mechanism. All screws and shafts are cleaned and polished and everything is lubricated with teflon lubricant. I know I have a few covers missing and one arm was replaced with a aluminum fabricated piece by someone previously.

I have also removed most of the stuff on the playing field and cleaned it. I already soaked the nails in vinegar to get the oxidation off and I'm currently in the process of straightening and polishing them.

The mods I would like to make are:

- Add 3 LED's into each L reflector and 1 LED into each of the small red reflectors.
    - Add LED's into the pockets, tulips, and center spinner.
    - Replace old switched with modern micro-switches.
    - Wire switches and lights into an Arduino for sequencing.
    - Design and build a fast ball return system that feeds all balls to the top tray without wasting balls to operate.
    - Build a custom, arcade style, cabinet. Like this:

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to SteaveO2