Thread: Dave Robs laser Cut Ball lifter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dave Robs laser Cut Ball lifter

I know how it's coming along.

Basically, at the moment it isn't coming along at all. I got some nylon 66 to make a stronger gear, but the spindle on my milling machine was a little old and knackered and couldn't hold the tolerances I needed. I got a new spindle motor last summer, and was going to restart this project, but a series of home emergencies (rainwater guttering falling off the front of the house, the glazing on the back porch needing major repairs, and discovering dry rot in the kitchen) have taken all my spare time and money, so haven't had the time or finances to work on any other projects.

I should be able to spend time on a second attempt at this, once I have finished the kitchen (providing nothing else falls off the house!). The fungicidal treatment is done along with the floor structure and the electrics, still need to do the insulation, plastering, tiling, plumbing and laying the floor covering. Progress is slow, as I'm having to spend more time at the day job to cover the costs of the repairs.

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to daverob