Thread: Pachislo with upper and lower fluorescent bulbs both not working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Pachislo with upper and lower fluorescent bulbs both not working

Hello, I have this Pachislo - The machine on the outside says "Time Shock Sticky 5" and "Bonus Chance Big Bonus 777" among other things. Inside the machine I see "Takasago Murakami" in various places, so maybe that is the brand?

It has 2 fluorescent light bulbs on the inside of the door. One lights up the bottom of the front of the door, and one lights up the front of the reels. Both are out. I think the bulbs are burnt out. The top one is dark at the one end. You have to disassemble to get to the bottom one so i haven't looked at it yet.

1. Is it common to have both fluorescent bulbs burnt out? Or should I be looking for another problem? I just got this machine.

2. Where is the best source to buy these bulbs? This one is 11 1/4 inches long and 5/8 inches in diameter. 2 prongs on each end.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo with upper and lower fluorescent bulbs both not working

Quote Originally Posted by devparrish View Post
    1. Is it common to have both fluorescent bulbs burnt out? Or should I be looking for another problem? I just got this machine.

2. Where is the best source to buy these bulbs? This one is 11 1/4 inches long and 5/8 inches in diameter. 2 prongs on each end.

Thanks.

1. The bulbs will burn out. Your machine was manufactured in 1997, so they are probably burnt out.

2. You can search "Pachislo" on Ebay and there are listings for used bulbs. I buy mine from 1000 bulbs, https://www.1000bulbs.com/ if you have a question you can call their 800 number for help.

To access the belly glass light, normally there are some plastic locking tabs,(on the inside of the front door), that you push down/or lift up and then push them forward. The belly glass then rotates out, so you can gain access to the light.

Here are some pictures of the tabs. Not exactly like yours, but just so you get an idea of what to look for.

126.jpg
    130.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm guessing this is your machine?

stiky 5.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's it! How do I find more info on it? This is a gift to my father in law once I get the lights working. I'll check the source you gave me.