Thread: Power Adapter Plug Question on Vintage Game

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Power Adapter Plug Question on Vintage Game

First timer here! I looked around for a little while and couldn't find the specific answer, so wanted to post is here.

I have a 9V Pachinko import adapter with leads, and I am not sure how the wires go into the plug, or if I need to buy the other end of the plug and connect it that way.

There are three used slots on the plug, but only 2 wires. How do I tell which one goes where?

I picked up the game at an estate sale, I put a few hours into it last night. Launcher is now functional. Cleaned the pins and the background. Polished all of the metal and the plexiglass. It cleaned up really nice. Looks like the ball holder could use a ton of polish, but didn't have time for that right now. (Or perhaps they are supposed to have that worn look? LOL)

The only other issue is some of the ball catchers on the front were overflowing with balls. I manually removed some that were just piling up, and figured I would see if they cleared out on its own as I played. These were the center ones specifically. I tried moving the parts in the back to see if that would help, but I couldn't get anything to change.

Looks like it is going to be fun.2015-12-21 22.21.29.jpg2015-12-21 22.21.39.jpg2015-12-21 22.21.46.jpg2015-12-21 22.21.52.jpg2015-12-21 22.39.56.jpg2015-12-21 22.40.11.jpg

Thanks for the help!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Power Adapter Plug Question on Vintage Game

Nice machine.

You don't need the power to play the game, it is just for a few lights. I normally cut that plug off and add a quick connector to the wall power supply; or hard wire a battery holder.
    You can test the wires to see which ones are correct. My guess is white is positive and black is negative.

You need about 300 pachinko balls minimum for it to work reliably.

Your machine's back mechanism might be on hinges; if so; carefully open it. It will want to fall over. And get the stuck pachinko balls out.

Send a few more pictures if you can't get it working...

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Power Adapter Plug Question on Vintage Game

Thanks for the tips!

The video was a lot of help, and informed me that the tray can open. (It appear the previous owner couldn't get it open, so that is why the clear viewing area on the shooter looks like its been attacked.)

I see the lever, but can't get it to operate. I pulled and bushed both, but the one on the left would only budge a little when I pulled up on it.

Any suggestions on how to get it to open?
    2015-12-22 11.39.05.jpg2015-12-22 11.39.16.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shake the red tray up and down and in and out while pushing down on outermost lever.

Try lifting red tray up while pulling red tray out and pushing down on lever.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Something isn't right. I tried that with about all the force possible without breaking anything. Can I force a screwdriver down and try to tap it with a hammer to perhaps loosen up where its latching?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I decided to hammer an automotive trim tool in the slot to see if that would work. Turns out, with some effort it did. As you can see, the balls were lodged underneath the slide mechanism, which prevented it from moving.

Thanks for the help! I am sure more questions will come.

2015-12-22 12.18.39.jpg2015-12-22 12.18.45.jpg

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to soonerbrink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can try it. Can also try turning game upside down and on its side and banging a little on the frame.

Sometimes a pachinko ball gets stuck under the part that you are trying to push down...
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    You can try it. Can also try turning game upside down and on its side and banging a little on the frame.

Sometimes a pachinko ball gets stuck under the part that you are trying to push down...

You called it!!! Thanks again!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to soonerbrink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried the 9V battery and one light would illuminate along the circle ball path. I couldn't get anything else to illuminate, especially when the hopper was empty. Since the game has three wires running to the plug, I wonder if I need to run two wires from the positive on the battery to the red and white, and then run the negative to the black.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to soonerbrink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One wire is called the attendant wire.

Did you test the bulbs? Touch one 9V battery post of the base of the bulb; other battery post to the side of the bulb.

There are two switches that control the bulbs. Can you manually operate those switches?
    One is low reward tray micro-switch; easier to operate if tray is empty.
    Other is the jackpot leaf switch, near the see saw. Easiest to operate with the see saw cover removed.

If the light stays on, switches do nothing, reverse the red and / or black wires. The white one is correct because it has the fuse on it.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

please post a few good clean pics of the back of your machine..

did ya get the balls unstuck from the tulip??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everything is working now!

I about gave up last night, then I started taking everything apart, then I decided I was too tired, so I turned machine upside down and shook and and spent awhile trying to get every ball out of the machine because they were getting stuck in about 5 places. Finally after getting all the balls out and adjusting the moving pieces I got it working!

Not really sure why the two lights were having problems before, but they are working with the red and black wires (white wire wouldn't do anything). Top left light flashes during payout, and stays illuminated when upper trough is empty. The lamp on the middle right stays illuminated all of the time.

I like how the feet are positioned on the game in the video. The small part is in front, which makes it less obvious. And I want them closer to the middle, so if it is sitting close to the edge of the table and gets bumped, the game won't fall off the edge.

Thanks again for all of the help!!

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to soonerbrink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrink View Post

Not really sure why the two lights were having problems before, but they are working with the red and black wires (white wire wouldn't do anything). Top left light flashes during payout, and stays illuminated when upper trough is empty. The lamp on the middle right stays illuminated all of the time.
    I have never seen a factory machine with a light on all the time..

you should have a low ball light.. that light or lights will come on and stay on when ever the top hopper has run low on balls.the back off once the hopper has been refilled.. there should be a second light or lights that blink on then back off off every time there is a jackpot payout..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    I have never seen a factory machine with a light on all the time..

you should have a low ball light.. that light or lights will come on and stay on when ever the top hopper has run low on balls.the back off once the hopper has been refilled.. there should be a second light or lights that blink on then back off off every time there is a jackpot payout..
    I have the low ball light that comes on and stays on where the hopper is empty, and turns off when it is refilled. However, this light flashes when there is a payout. (This is the pink circle)

I also have another light that stays on all the time, it slightly dims when the other light turns on. (This is the yellow light)

Anyone idea what amp fuse should be in there. I don't think the thing in there now is going to blow. LOL.

2015-12-21 22.21.29.jpg2015-12-22 21.40.01.jpg

25. The following user says "Thanks" to soonerbrink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Light on all the time indicates wiring is incorrect and attendant wire is in use.

Other owners may have messed with the wiring.

If you are not using the white wire, then you don't need a fuse.

2 bulbs should not draw more than 350mA each; so a 1A fuse should work.
    2A or 3A is equally reasonable; just something to keep wall power pack from starting on fire in case of a short circuit...

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I put in a 1A fuse and messed around with the wiring trying nearly all possible options.

I found that using the white power cord wire to the white wire on the game and the bare wire to the red wire on the game results in the following:

Right light on when tray is empty and off when tray is full.
    Left light is on when see-saw makes contact and off when there is no contract.

I noticed that when the see saw makes contact, it is not going off, and the area below it is filling up with balls and they appear to be stuck.

Something else must be wrong if its already getting stuck again.
    2015-12-23 12.34.47.jpg2015-12-23 12.36.02.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Power Adapter Plug Question on Vintage Game

How many pachinko balls do you have?
    If the weight of the jackpot balls (11 or 15) is too small; e.g. not enough pachinko balls in upper supply tray, the type of jam you have - is likely to occur.

Move the jackpot lever (BLACK LINES) and the paper clip (RED OVAL) up an down to free the stuck pachinko balls in your picture 2

Two2.jpg

30. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    How many pachinko balls do you have?
    If the weight of the jackpot balls (11 or 15) is too small; e.g. not enough pachinko balls in upper supply tray, the type of jam you have - is likely to occur.

Move the jackpot lever (BLACK LINES) and the paper clip (RED OVAL) up an down to free the stuck pachinko balls in your picture 2

Two2.jpg
    Once again, you knew exactly what the problem was. When the tray was full it never had any issues.

As far as fixing the jammed balls, I had to move this cover and move the lever to loosen them up. (see pic)
    2015-12-23 13.55.26.jpg2015-12-23 14.00.20.jpg
    Also, any idea what this wooden piece is for?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No good idea on the wooden pieces. Sometimes there are corner reinforcing pieces but not joined together like in your picture...

In your second picture, under the lever, is a white latch. There are more, exactly the same, those can be loosened to completely remove the mechanism for cleaning.
    Definitely not required, just pointing the latch out...