Thread: My first pachinko! need opinions and info please... Maruto Toyomaru

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first pachinko! need opinions and info please... Maruto Toyomaru

Hello,
    I have been trolling the forum for a few days trying to find out more info on this machine. I bought it here in Akron Ohio from an antique store for $40 on a whim over the weekend. When I was a kid, my dad had a pachinko that I loved to play with and fix, and I havent seen one since then. I bought it thinking it would be something intersting to clean up and fix for the winter coming up. After getting it home, and taking a good look, everything seems to be in working order, and I cannnot see anything missing or damaged, only a missing cover on the see saw. The really cool bird decoration in the top left corner (toucan) I removed to clean up. The machine is fairly clean with no water damage or rust. The machine only had about ten balls inside the jackpot holder, so I have to wait to get the 500 new balls I ordered to see if it truly works good, should arrive early next week. I wired a 9 volt hookup for the two lights in the orange reflector area, the green lenses do not have anywhere for lights. Both lights and the ball hopper switch seem to be in working order. I know it is a Maruto / Toyomaru, and I have used the code to figure out that it may have been manufactured in 1977, but thats all I know about it. I havent been able to find a picture of this exact model anywhere yet, only similar. I have posted some pics, and actually stole one that shows the exact back since I forgot to take a pic of that. Let me know what you guys think, and I appreciate any info or comments. Is it really that clean? Is this machine rare? Is Maruto a well known brand? Does anyone have this particular machine? Any info and comments are much appreciated! Like a kid waiting for christmas, except I am waiting for 11mm steel balls

Thank you for reading
    IMG_1344.jpgIMG_1342.jpgIMG_1340.jpgMarutoGMXrear.jpg

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to nosajh9

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: My first pachinko! need opinions and info please... Maruto Toyomaru

Quote Originally Posted by nosajh9 View Post
    ...the green lenses do not have anywhere for lights... Let me know what you guys think... Is it really that clean? Is this machine rare? Is Maruto a well known brand? Does anyone have this particular machine? ...
    You are correct, the green lenses do not have lights. You can add green LEDs if you are adventurous.

I think you found a great machine, it is VERY clean!

Maruto is a less common machine in the US.

I have had a handful of Marutos.

Have fun.

LED 6.jpg MARUTO 1.jpg

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first pachinko! need opinions and info please... Maruto Toyomaru

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    You are correct, the green lenses do not have lights. You can add green LEDs if you are adventurous.

I think you found a great machine, it is VERY clean!

Maruto is a less common machine in the US.

I have had a handful of Marutos.

Have fun.

LED 6.jpg MARUTO 1.jpg
    Thanks for the reply! I really like the centerpiece on yours, pretty cool. I like the toucan bird on these machines, makes them unique in their own way and the first thing I cleaned up. I initially thought there was a light for its eye, but theere is no lense, just a hole in the back of the cabinet like one may have been designed to go there but was scrapped. Do you find many problems with the tracks or mechanisms on yours? Just curious for what to look out for. Anxiously waiting for the balls so i can try it out! I will post here how it goes and if it all works next week.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to nosajh9

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk. Looks like you found a nice machine at a fair price. Make sure you post photos when you buy your second one this weekend.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Amazingly clean ... Good luck ... Enjoy ...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to sydtheframer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice clean machine, great find!
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: My first pachinko! need opinions and info please... Maruto Toyomaru

... I initially thought there was a light for its eye... Do you find many problems with the tracks or mechanisms on yours?...
    Correct, there is no lens for the bird's eye. You could drill it and put a LED there...

My machine had a different back mechanism. Which is not uncommon.

Maruto GEAR Back.jpg

13. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice machine..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still waiting to get the balls from Akimono to see if it all works good. Placed my order on 11/9 and it appears they still havent shipped yet. I called yesterday and they said they had some flooding that damaged their packing supplies, and that they would be shipped out yesterday, but it appears they still have not sent them. Kind of annoying for a first time purchase. Oh well, the waiting continues.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still waiting to get the balls ...
    Patience is a virtue. I'm not sure how many you ordered but it has been said, you can never have too many, so... order 1000 more from a different source.

Or better yet... strike GOLD...

http://pachinkoplanet.com/zencart/in...products_id=49

18. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Patience is a virtue. I'm not sure how many you ordered but it has been said, you can never have too many, so... order 1000 more from a different source.

Or better yet... strike GOLD...

http://pachinkoplanet.com/zencart/in...products_id=49
    ordered, thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Finally! The steelys just arrived in the mail. I ended up getting 1000 gold. The rest of the work day is gonna drag extra slow in anticipation of getting home and testing things out. I will post tomorrow how everthing goes with the machine.

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to nosajh9

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Loaded the machine when I got home, and everything works good! Played it until it drove my wife nuts which didnt take very long. Moving it to the basement tonight. Thanks for the input everyone!

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to nosajh9

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Loaded the machine when I got home, and everything works good! Played it until it drove my wife nuts which didnt take very long. Moving it to the basement tonight. Thanks for the input everyone!
    How about a video?
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Over the extended weekend I found some time to paint the centerpiece. I still cant figure out exactly the theme for this, but I see a face there haha. I went to the local drug store and bought some Testas acrylic model paint. I wasnt sure if this was the correcct paint, but it said for plastics, and the colors were correct. I figured it should work, but I am not an artist (or photographer) by any means. I actually surprised myself with this. Its not that great, but definitely an improvement. The worst part was trying to remove the flaked old paint which was especially a challenge on the heart piece, where some of it was painted over. The toucan in the corner is also cleaned up and attached this time. I will post a video of it working after I get it setup. Thanks!
    Image2.jpgImage1.jpgIMG_1344.jpgIMG_1351.jpg

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to nosajh9