Thread: New Member + Kyorako UFO Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Member + Kyorako UFO Pachinko

Hello to All! My name is Jamie, and I just picked up a vintage Kyoraku UFO Pachinko machine today....

I have Pachinko in my history - there was a machine in the house when I was growing up - my father got it while in the military, as a lot of these machines had their beginning....

So - I always wanted one, but they are slow to surface here where I live in East TN. I thought this one might work better, but it is having a few issues....

BUT, it sure is awesome looking, and has the rare rotating UFO component. A light isn't working, and neither is the "shooting" mechanism, and who knows what else; the locking mechanism and a face-plate also need to be re-installed, but I have them.

I am attaching a few pictures here, so folks can see the machine - hope it strikes up some interesting conversation....

I look forward to exploring the forum and trying to learn more about how to fix this thing. I was sort-of sad that I couldn't just start playing it today!!!

Thanks in advance for any info..... jamie

IMG_4060.jpgIMG_4061.jpg

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to jamesonkh

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Member + Kyorako UFO Pachinko

Nice machine - Welcome to the forum! If you post some pictures of the back of the machine we can probably help you start troubleshooting. Congrats on your new machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reply! Here are some pictures of the back. As I noted - the light bulb is out, and there seems to be a short - I can probably figure that out... The other problem - when I rotate the knob (with power on), any balls in the shooting tray drain into the lower tray - I am unable to shoot any balls into the machine. Another issue - when I drop balls into the top tray - they initially sporadically entered the machine but also a few fell straight through out a chute, and out the bottom of the machine. I did some jiggling, and then most balls lined up in the snake track after that... I thought maybe there are some things that need cleaning, after that experience....

I am very excited about the prospect of fixing this up, so thanks for any assistance.... Here's the pics:

IMG_4062.jpgIMG_4063.jpgIMG_4064.jpgIMG_4066.jpgIMG_4067.jpgIMG_4068.jpgIMG_4069.jpgIMG_4070.jpgIMG_4071.jpg

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jamesonkh

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cooll machine i would consider it a early modern more then a vintage but either way i like this era of machine

as stated please post a few good pics of the back side

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!

+1 with Mopar. I think there's too much electronics there for this to be considered a vintage machine. You might get more help in the Modern section.

Neat machine. Wouldn't mind having one myself.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Waving Hello and Welcome aboard

It's true we do categorise pachinko into 2 seperate categories here at PachiTalk, Vintage or Modern, but it doesn't matter where you post they are easily moved and to be honest most of the regular members read both sections anyway

But I have moved this thread to the Modern section for you and hopefully you will get some good advice

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the shooter make a clicking noise at all? You might want to check the shooter area (and the chute/ball feeder that leads to it) for dust bunnies, insects, ect that might prevent balls from shooting. Usually you have to first open the glass door, then theres some sliding clip or tap to push down to swing open the lower ball tray away from the machine so you can see what is going on with the shooter area. You can also test pockets for payouts once you open the glass door.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

interesting i did not get the pictures when i first saw this..

everything looks to be good.. the one thing is the jackpot needs to be reset..

last picture posted showes it in the down position.. there is a little rod below it (seen in the same picture) that you can push up on and reset the seesaw..

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a similar UFO machine from the same year. I will try to post some photos when I get home. I'd like to see some photos of your play field with the door open so there is no glare. My machine also has the red button on the front like yours. If you get a ball to land on top of the lower feature there is a metal plunger that raises when you push the button. This causes the lower tulips to open for a period of time so most balls in play will pay off. It's pretty cool. Have you figured out what your button does?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree that electric shooter models are generally considered modern, but this is a mechanical machine. Vintage collectors will be more help with mechanical issues. I would classify it as an early modern. That being said, I don't know much about electric shooters...but, there is a cam with a groove behind the shooter (on the back), should have a string wrapped around it. As I understand it, this has something to do with shooter strength. Your description is that balls shoot, then land in the lower tray. This sounds like the shooter is not shooting strong enough. In your 3rd pic of the back...I don't see a string wrapped around the cam...but see remnents of string on the spring, and spring roller. I don't know how the string should go...but it looks wrong. Mopar beat me to the seesaw down.
    I'm sure someone has an early modern of that era that can provide some pics.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall