Thread: Apollo XIII not supplying balls

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Apollo XIII not supplying balls

I have had this game for several years and occasionally it would stop supplying balls. Usually I would simply clean out built up dust and muck in the supply motor assembly ( If that is the right name. See photo below.)

I have cleaned it and now it's still not distributing balls. I would like to test the motor, but I cannot tell what the voltage should be or which contacts are for it. If anyone knows this info that would be a big help. Worst case if the motor is shot, what are the chances I can find a suitable replacement? The part number on the outside is E0060697 and on the motor inside J74A374C

FYI I have pinball Dave's excellent card reader emulator installed and wished had it a lot sooner.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Apollo XIII not supplying balls

Here is the photo as I could not add it previously:
    IMG_20151012_144322.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Apollo XIII not supplying balls

Did you mean the Apollo 1 arepachi (Taiyo Elec Maturi frame)?? Because that payout motor looks identical to the one in my Penguin which was also recently having payout issues.

I had to remove it like you did and manually clear all the balls out, then do a hard reset to get it working again. Yesterday I was getting the two flashing lights and payouts not working again and this time balls were not flowing through one of the ball counter sensors at the top of the payout area where the reward ball chute divides into two separate paths. I just had to tap on the chute several times to loosen the small ball jam and get them to fall down into the payout area. I don't know...it seems like the payout motor on these machines is maybe weaker than a trusty Sankyo/Nishijin machine and the design in general is more prone to payout related ball jams. I was able to test my motor when I pulled it out by turning on the machine, then using the buttons on the front to try to dispense balls via the Daverob dongle (while holding the motor in my hand). It was indeed working, but when it was installed in the payout area earlier it just kept "clicking" barely audibly away as if jammed. I also cleaned the "S" shaped white plastic path the balls are routed through before the payout motor as there was a good bit of grime from the balls.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-26-2016 at 12:36 PM.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs