Thread: Hi from Colorado!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hi from Colorado!

Just registered but I've been looking around the site for a few weeks and it has provided a LOT of great information. I bought a 1975 Kyoraku model B last weekend off of craigslist and have been cleaning it up. It doesn't always pay out but I don't believe anything is broken. Probably just needs a good cleaning. Came with enough balls to play it so I'm happy with the purchase.

So how did I get into pachinko? It was a long time coming. I have friend who has one and while I'd played it in the past I never "got it". It also turns out his payout mechanism is broken so since I was getting no "reward" it didn't capture me. A year ago a new neighbor moved in who has two restored machines and the looked really cool. Played one of them and was really interested in it but then forgot about them until... I ran across one at a thrift store. The one at the thrift store had a note attached that it was broken so not knowing anything about pachinko I passed on it but always had regrets. Finally started researching them about a month ago and that got me to where I am today. I'm an engineer so I find the machines fascinating and I love to take things apart and put them back together. I haven't decided how much restoring I'm going to do to the one I bought, right now I just want to clean it up and get it to work properly. I have the tendency to start projects and not finish them so I'm wanting to keep things simple for now.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MtnPlayer