Thread: New Nishijin B for me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Nishijin B for me

I am doing what I do every time I am working on a machine and I start looking for new ones while my interest is back up. I purchased this today. Looks complete, the chrome frame needs some love but is not terrible. The whole thing is dirty dirty dirty. It has a sea theme. If I was not already doing the other for my sister I would do this one as she likes the beach. My daughter will love this one though...

i did not even have to smuggle it in this time either. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Nishijin B for me

So had time this morning to get a better look at this machine. It is beyond dirty. The chrome frame is not in good shape so will need to see how that cleans up or need to decide how to handle it.

The center feature I guess is supposed to be anemones with a nautilus and some other shelled creature. The pocket above it looks like an octopus but most of the paint is gone so needs repainting. The pocket has 3 entries into it. If a ball drops in left side or right side of that pocket it will send the ball down and open the left or right tulip and the the center tulip. If the ball goes into the center of the pocket it will open the center feature to allow access. If a ball lands back in the center it closes it back up though right now it slowly closes and does not fully close as there must be a ton of dirt in there just like the rest of the machine.

Here are a couple of pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Definitely dirty, doesn't look to have much for water staining though, should clean up nicely.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Definitely dirty, doesn't look to have much for water staining though, should clean up nicely.
    it is really dirty. I am considering not replacing the cell though but not sure yet. I have not done one without cell replacement. What do you use to clean a cell if not replacing so that I don't cause stains?

thanks,
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use Gel-Gloss, light coat, dries to a haze, then polish off to give a nice shiny finish.