Thread: Coin with unnecessary machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Coin with unnecessary machine

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here.

I'm looking to buy my first pachislo machine on yahoo auction and as you robs by know. Translation is poor.

I was looking at the bakemonogatari models being a fan of the series and they all appear to say something along the lines of "con with unnecessary machine". I'm looking at buying something that represents as close to the original experience as possible (using medals / coins / tokens) so I don't want something that allows automatic play without this if I can help it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Kepha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Coin with unnecessary machine

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah a local lad, coin free means it has an automatic credit add feature, it's an added board that when you press on one of the buttons on the front (depends on what kit as to what button) it will pulse the light barrier inputs on the credit acceptor. It would also be taped into the output hopper so when the motor turns it again pulses the light barrier that detects how many tokens have come out.

Warning alert. Shipping a pachislo or pachinko is expensive due to the weight. As most moderns weigh over the 30kg limit the post office accept, it's a FedEx job. Best bet, read the thread about From Japan. If you were to ship a machine it would cost you over £600, if you use them it's about £130-200ish depending on exact size and weight

Trust in Dr Ünkenclam
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Clam, thanks for your response! I'm way ahead of you on the fromjapan post, that's the site I am planning on using after checking the postage calculator. I emailed a few companies from the US and dragonfly in the Netherlands but surprisingly the postage was considerably higher than fromjapan's rates. Does anybody know how / why they manage to do such affordable rates?

Regarding the machines modification, is it easily removeable and does it still work with tokens when installed? Perhaps in this case it's worth just leaving it in?

Thanks a lot,

Kepha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Depends.... Some just require swapping plugs, others have been soldered in place and take more work.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, duty called

Shipping rates. It seems that FedEx and other courier companies offer massive discounts to the Asian market to try and get as much international business as possible (I was told about the discounts when I phoned to complain to FedEx they had overcharged me vat on my Nao Oikawa machine - To which I'm still waiting for my refund from HMRC) The rates FromJapan get are almost as cheap as by surface on some weights/sizes. Of course there are other deputy services out there, The others I use including Shoppingmalljapan and Juno at Bidservice, Which I use for different things. I love the 2 month storage that SMJ give over FJ 1 month, it's great if you have a few small items, or can leave them while hunting for others. Juno does a great personal service and would order from online sources the others wouldn't.

Ok, back to the coin free play.
    I haven't seen one in the flesh as such, so can only assume how it works. Or in other words what sensors need to be tricked into doing it. A lot of the new kits on pachinkos are simple plug and play. But this does mean that you can't play normally as the pocket sensors have been unplugged. I would assume it's the same for a slot.

Now here's the big warning.

Never buy a machine you know has been modified without seeing a picture of the inside of pachislos or the back of pachinkos.
    It is possible that parts might have been removed like the token acceptor or payout hopper, I've seen some cyclic pachinkos go on sale missing the rear ball tank and complete payout assemblies. Then you have no chance to restore, repair or put it back to normal play.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam