Thread: Ball size determination?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ball size determination?

I got a older Matsuya, New Matsuya and a sticker that says 61539. Its in rough shape but I couldn't turn down the chance to try to fix it. So far I have got most of the dirt and dust out but it seems like the balls I used from my other machine are to small http://www.amazon.com/Pachinko-Balls...ct_top?ie=UTF8. The ad is expired but it des not list what size he balls are. The balls seem to want no push hard enough and seem to get stuck. So how do I determine what size balls it takes?

Attached are some pics of the machine. Its rough but will be fun.
    IMAG0227.jpgIMAG0226.jpgIMAG0225.jpgIMAG0094.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pach

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball size determination?

All pachinkos should take the same size ball, whether they be vintage or modern. I use balls purchased from Akimono.com for both my modern and vintage pachinkos. You might want to post a photo of the balls. Look to see if any of them have any engravings on them. That will indicate that at least those balls are pachinko balls. Although keep in mind that not all authentic pachinko balls are engraved.
    Last edited by ackleplem; 08-04-2015 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Addition
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if they are true pachinko balls there only is one size, maybe they need a good cleaning or the machine needs some tweaking!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All pachinko balls are 11mm diameter...or according to my Brown and Sharpe micrometet, 0.433" diameter. Most are engraved...but not in stone!

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks all it ended up being one of the tracks had some dust/dirt build up and the balls where hanging up. Had to tear is all down and remove the entire plastic system from the back and wash it all. It was filthy. It seems to be working now but I have a question… how do you preload the jackpot? So after I fill the tray on top it loads the jackpot (10 balls). If I hit a jackpot it does nothing. I have to fiddle with the levers and once I get (whatever it is ) right then is runs perfect. Same thing with my other if someone does not pay attention to the try on top going empty.
    Are these a weighted system where one area has to have enough balls built up in order for it to function correctly or is there a procedure to setting up a machine initially that say has no balls?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its all done on weights and levers. You will need more than just 10 to test it as the low ball switch/lever/detector is normally at the end of the slope going down from the ball tank.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Its all done on weights and levers. You will need more than just 10 to test it as the low ball switch/lever/detector is normally at the end of the slope going down from the ball tank.
    Oh have 100 balls in there. I meant it pays 10.

How do you setup the machine initially? When they were in the parlors back in the day the players came in and played and hit jackpots but in order to so that the machine had to be setup initially or they would hit jackpots and nothing would happen.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The jackpot should automatically reset, and refill. Its only when people empty and move the machines, or things go out of alignment do things need to be done manually.
    I know nothing about vintages and stick with moderns. But if you have a problem, Your best bet is start a new thread in the problem section, including lots of nice pictures of the back and someone will be able to help you
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

vintage machines are great.. the biggest problem i have found is when people who understand how the machine works manipulate them so the work with less balls.. then when someone who does not understand how they work gets it the machine stops working..

there are a few check systems in a vintage machine to keep it from running out of balls.. there is a lever under the top hopper that is supposed to shut the flow of balls to the shooter when the hoper is low.. there is a set of fingers in the ball tracks that will stop the jackpot from paying of the tracks run out of balls.. and there is a lever that will stop the shooter from operating if the players trays become over full.. all 3 of these are controlled interdependently so there is really no way for a machine to run empty and need to be reset.. (unless they have been messed with..)

take a look at this and see if it helps

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

hope that answers some questions for ya..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update. I got the machine to work. I have been trying to find a cabinet for the machine to have a new home in and finally came across one this past weekend. After some work I was able to mount the machine into the cabinet. I am looking for some ideas on wood trim or molding not much more then about 1/2in in width and with some kind of Asian style to it that will go around the machine and maybe the upper square half of the cabinet. Home Depot has a few designs that are OK but would be better if it could be more authentic to the era and country it came from. The cabinet will be painted a new color (not sure what color yet). Anyway here it is. This is my first attempt at making a pachinko machine cabinet.

Start
    2_1.jpg

Nearly done, awaiting trim and paint.
    Small.jpg

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pach

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pach View Post
    Home Depot has a few designs that are OK but would be better if it could be more authentic to the era and country it came from.
    try your local lumber yard.. our vendor had a catalog that you can look threw and buy from.. you might have to buy a few more feet of material then you want but if ya can find the right style some are under a dollar a foot
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances