Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printed Pachinko Parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 3D Printed Pachinko Parts

are your dimensions in MM or IN for this one? for some reason cannot autodetect...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlujan View Post
    are your dimensions in MM or IN for this one? for some reason cannot autodetect...
    Says MM

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for ABS about US$20, and half that for PLA. much better

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jasonlujan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First time poster but looking for a part for a machine I just got. I bought my first machine local to me and its a model B from what I have been able to figure out. Its missing this part to feed the ball into the shooter. Everything else is there and is working as expected. Anyone have a file that I could print this or know where to order from? Thanks!
    missing.jpgneed.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mikemc View Post
    First time poster but looking for a part for a machine I just got. I bought my first machine local to me and its a model B from what I have been able to figure out. Its missing this part to feed the ball into the shooter. Everything else is there and is working as expected. Anyone have a file that I could print this or know where to order from? Thanks!
    missing.jpgneed.jpg
    sorry i cant help ya but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll look at my machines to see if have something similar that I can recreate it from. I'll post if I can. Let me know if you found the part though.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to GFire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was able to find the part for sale. Thank you though!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I remember back in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and even in 2000 and 2010 when we needed a part we hand made it either by wood or if you were lucky like me with a Father with a Tool and Die Shop fabricate it out of metal or aluminum . I even tried plastic resin casting .

Now we have 3d printers with Plastic Filaments or Resin or if your rich like Elon Musk with Metal .

What will we do the rest of this decade to make replacement parts ?
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

metal is actually inexpensive - I've had spinners and pockets made of brass and aluminum for as much as it would have cost with high-strength resin.
    at this point - world problems and supply lines notwithstanding - it can only get less expensive as time goes on

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jasonlujan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@jasonlujan

Hey my man... I just got my first vintage machine, and now that I've been told its not a sought-after one that I have to worry about value, I want to do some lighting mods. The project I have in mind requires the center feature parts, tulip petals, pockets, and the center tulip "tunnel" to be printed in translucent/frost clear. I see you've already done the top double pocket and tulip petals.. Do you have any idea if the "falcon" pocket you did is the same size/screw spacing as the tulip pockets on mine? If so I like that one better anyway.

The center feature is three pieces plus the spinner. I'd like to know if you could create those files for me. I see that top piece you made already is similar, but not the same. I honestly don't have any idea what's involved in the 3D modeling, but would you be willing to do these pieces if I send them to you?

Also what is the best place to order these single pieces from, and what is the best material to use as far as strength/durability in frosted clear? Or is that something I could pay you to do?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taz420nj; 05-15-2022 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

stylized tulip and falcon win pocket attached

3dparts.zip3dparts.zip

15. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to jasonlujan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlujan View Post
    stylized tulip and falcon win pocket attached
    Appreciate you getting back to me, thanks! Now I'm torn because I really like that version of the tulip pocket too haha!

---

Is there anyone else here that would be willing to 3d model those center feature pieces for me? And I also decided that with the way I need to install the LEDs into the mechanical tulips, it would work better if I had new bodies for them too, only "beefed up" at the bottom.. Basically thick solid plastic where the screw bungs 'bump out' (so the body would be "rounded" instead of having the bump outs and the edge lip) so I have some meat to cut away to recess the LEDs into. The effect would be best if they were printed in black. I'd need those modeled and modified as well.

I have a vision of this project in my head and it looks awesome. It will be Arduino powered, and I will definitely share the details and the sketch to make it work once it's real in case anyone else wants to do it too!
    Last edited by taz420nj; 05-24-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i only model from pieces i have - it's more of a reverse engineering thing. i model them and make some cosmetic changes depending on the theme for the reactivated gameboard.
    consider having someone more local to you model the parts to your spec, and then you upload the models to craftcloud or imaterialise for production. it sucks to be stuck on a project.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Has anyone who has used a CAD program to design the attached parts for 3D printed replacements for a Nishijin A? My son is about to take up the challenge, but I thought I would check on the forum first. This is the dust covers for the payout seesaw and the clear dust cover for the track below the seesaw.
    20220601_172253.jpg20220601_172217.jpg20220601_172233.jpg

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jmbrando

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrando View Post
    Has anyone who has used a CAD program to design the attached parts for 3D printed replacements for a Nishijin A? My son is about to take up the challenge, but I thought I would check on the forum first. This is the dust covers for the payout seesaw and the clear dust cover for the track below the seesaw.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I obtained a 3D printer 3 weeks ago, and a 3D scanner 10 days ago with the intention of trying to duplicate Pachinko parts, but so far have had limited success with the inexpensive, Chinese scanner I got from Walmart at 50% off. It is geared for making 3D models of people apparently with 3 different modes, and the one "Object" mode doesn't seem to work very well. I am still trying to decide if I even want to keep it at this point. I am going to try again with a different part here soon, and if I can get some success I would be willing to try and make these. But, there is also a good chance that I could pull these parts out of my spare parts too. Is there some reason you want them 3D printed? As a newbie I find it can be an involved process and a time eater, which is only worth it for the unattainable parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SibSr View Post
    I obtained a 3D printer 3 weeks ago, and a 3D scanner 10 days ago with the intention of trying to duplicate Pachinko parts, but so far have had limited success with the inexpensive, Chinese scanner I got from Walmart at 50% off. It is geared for making 3D models of people apparently with 3 different modes, and the one "Object" mode doesn't seem to work very well. I am still trying to decide if I even want to keep it at this point. I am going to try again with a different part here soon, and if I can get some success I would be willing to try and make these. But, there is also a good chance that I could pull these parts out of my spare parts too. Is there some reason you want them 3D printed? As a newbie I find it can be an involved process and a time eater, which is only worth it for the unattainable parts
    I was trying to avoid cannibalizing another machine to get the parts.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The CAD software I use is the "hobbyist" version (free) of Fusion 360 by Autodesk.

That version has some limitations but I'm not using it more than a handful of times annually.

I use a digital micrometer to measure parts.

I send the parts out to be printed and do not have a 3D printer.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast