Quote Originally Posted by SibSr View Post
I obtained a 3D printer 3 weeks ago, and a 3D scanner 10 days ago with the intention of trying to duplicate Pachinko parts, but so far have had limited success with the inexpensive, Chinese scanner I got from Walmart at 50% off. It is geared for making 3D models of people apparently with 3 different modes, and the one "Object" mode doesn't seem to work very well. I am still trying to decide if I even want to keep it at this point. I am going to try again with a different part here soon, and if I can get some success I would be willing to try and make these. But, there is also a good chance that I could pull these parts out of my spare parts too. Is there some reason you want them 3D printed? As a newbie I find it can be an involved process and a time eater, which is only worth it for the unattainable parts
I actually also just pulled the trigger on a 3D printer. It should get here today. From what I've been reading,the cheap scanners aren't all that accurate when it comes to little details. The only "cheap" one that seems to be worth spending money on is the Creality - which is about $800. Photogrammetry scanning (high res pictures from every angle) is a lot more accurate amd doesnt require anything other than a good camera. I'm going to give that a try, my first printing project is going to be a turntable for it.