Thread: Another Craigslist find!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another Craigslist find!

Seen this one hanging out on Craigslist for a few months. I can't get my pics right...
    attack 1341.JPG

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Craigslist find!

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My computer is GEEKING BAD! Evert time I post a pic...my cursor stays on the left of the pics, despite my efforts to place it elsewhere. I'll try a few more before I get frustrated attack 1348.JPGattack 1347.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

attack 1349.JPGattack 1366.JPGattack 1350.JPGattack 1352.JPGAn "ATTACK" solenoid, just like the one on my arrangeball machine. It appears to be activated by the trap door...therefore activated each time a jackpot is made! attack 1364.JPGattack 1365.JPGThe duration should be adjustable by the small hole in the bottom.attack 1354.JPGattack 1357.JPGattack 1342.JPG

8. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very Cool

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine and looks like it's pretty clean. Good find!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very clean indeed! The chrome is beautiful! The back is held on by screws...making me think it has been taken apart and cleaned. However I can't find any staple holes. And it is dirty inside.attack 1353.JPG

14. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The deal on this machine is... I first saw it on CL for $75.00. I instantly saw the solenoid and recognized the door on the front! attack 755.JPG I would have paid that if I could picked it up locally, but I wasn't driving an hour each way (Dayton to Cincinnati), to spend $75.00! Receintly checked...and it was reduced to $40 Then again to $30!!! I called and theman said he would take $25.00.
    I started out right away! It wasn't very hard to find...but the street was off of a BUSY 2 lane that should hat have been 4 lane. I stopped at a bar to ask for directions. While drinking my beer, the locals chatted me up with the "who, what 'cha looking for?" told them about a pachinko machine on PERRY st. Seems that Perry st was only a block away.
    Found the street, found the house, found the machine. Told the man that $30 was what made me drive there (even though he told me $25 on the phone) so that is what I paid him...I thought it was worth it, and didn't mind paying it. Not that I have it to give away...but why perpetuate a BAD market. I still think I got a good deal!
    Since it was only a block away (and had to pee!), I went back to the bar that gave me directions! I brought the game in, and set it up on the bar! The bartenders (6 or 7 YR old?) daughter was there waiting for DAD to pick her up, got to play it as locals got off of their stools and walked to the other side of the bar...to marvel at this amazing machine...that works without electricity!
    Drove safely home and have not significantly tested it yet. Mechanically...it functions perfectly! I want to use the transformer from my arrangeball machine to power the "attack" solenoid. I think it will work!
    NOW...to help balance out the "word to picture ratio", I am now going to add some pics of the "ATTACK" solenoid from my arrangeball machine. attack 647.JPGattack 648.JPGattack 646.JPG

16. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Took off the back...you know, checking things out. LOOK at that bell!good bell 002.JPGgood bell 003.JPGgood bell 004.JPG I changed its position to get its worst angles...looks like it has changed to 3 impact points. Filed off the high spots, and used a screwdriver and hammer to bump the dents out. good bell 006.JPG good bell 009.JPG Light cleaning/investigation going good! Looking good!good bell 011.JPG

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hell's Bell!! How in the world could that bell get that damage? Maybe installed originally that way, because I would imagine the machine itself would be smashed around it. It would take a lot of pressure to dent that thing on the curved edge.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

someone may have dented it to try and quiet it down.. apartment living??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Soft Metal? My Hokoku bell is pretty beat.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to gooilers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gooilers View Post
    Soft Metal? My Hokoku bell is pretty beat.
    Soft metal is CORRECT! The bells are aluminum, and being constantly battered by STEEL balls in the same spot...eventually dents and reshapes the metal. Aluminum and copper, for example are very malleable. "Capable of being extended or shaped by beating with a hammer..." Steel too, but much less so. I have bell damage of varying degrees on most of my steel bell machines, but nothing like this. In addition to the dent, there was a lip raising up and curving away from the dent...like a wave. I wasn't going to try to reshape the "wave". I simply filed it off. I well expect, due to the shaping and filing, the dented spot is thinner than the rest of the bell, and should not be placed exactly as before. Because of this, I have traded places ane made the very damaged and repaired bell the overflow bell, rotated with a fresh spot in the ball path. The overflow bell was only slightly misshapen with only one small dent. Dents in both bells were bumped from behind, filed back into shape, then sanded with 600 and 800 grit paper before polishing. There are still some low spots and the top of bell 1 is not perfectly round...but they are shiny and pretty!

24. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mopar...what are the specs on the transformer you recomend for a Powerflash? is it 24VAC or 24 VDC. I am looking for an inexpensive power supply for the solenoid. It only states on the solenoid "(Japanese letters"2.5W(AC24V.0.1A)" So, I need a 24VAC device...plus whatever 2.5W (watts?) means. I made an offer on this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181794599496...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Not that pricy, but I still need a wall wart for the lights. The Powerflash transformer could handle both tasks with only one cord! Probably for about the same (or close to) price! Of course it has more A$$ Than necessary...but I dont think that is a problem. Feel free to let me know if I am wrong...not my strong suit!

26. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Mopar...what are the specs on the transformer you recomend for a Powerflash? is it 24VAC or 24 VDC. I am looking for an inexpensive power supply for the solenoid. It only states on the solenoid "(Japanese letters"2.5W(AC24V.0.1A)" So, I need a 24VAC device...plus whatever 2.5W (watts?) means. I made an offer on this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181794599496?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3A MEBIDX%3AIT Not that pricy, but I still need a wall wart for the lights. The Powerflash transformer could handle both tasks with only one cord! Probably for about the same (or close to) price! Of course it has more A$$ Than necessary...but I dont think that is a problem. Feel free to let me know if I am wrong...not my strong suit!
    this is the one that i have used for years now..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shack-...3D301677081718

this will provide power for the factory lights and provide power for the solenoids as well

win win
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar! I eBayed the part# and got a few more choices. I bought this one in a damaged package for $22.66 with free shipping...a $5 difference. It was the cheapest one I could find. It is brand new, still riveted to the cardboard with tinned ends on the wires. It is too wide to mount flush, unless you mount it at an angle.DSCF9378.JPG I haven't screwed it down yet, nor have I stapled the wires to the frame yet...still testing and finding the best way. All connections soldered and shrink tubed! As you may (or may not) know... 3 wires output. The 2 yellow wires make 24V, the black and either yellow make 12V. I couldn't see running 4 wires up to the top, if 2 are the same thing! So I only ran 3. I would have color coded them if I had unlimited access to spools of wire. Since I was scrounging materials from what I had on hand...ALL wires are green! Two green to the top for 24V...and 2 pieces of green soldered together for the black wire. Since I cinched them together at several locations with shrink tube...I had to have a way to identify what was what. First of all i put a piece of shrink tube on the "black" wire to identify it as the "low voltage wire. Then "at the top" I tapped into one of the "yellow" wires (using a yellow wire!). DSCF9379.JPG Now I have 2 pairs. Two green at 24VAC, and a yellow and green with shrink tube for 12VAC. Some "zip strips" to tame the wires, and make them go the right way.DSCF9380.JPG Finally, tuck everything into the frame for a clean look!DSCF9381.JPG Of course I will secure the wire and transformer...haven't done that yet!
    Time to test! Works great! The machine is kind of "loose" and does not need a "fever door", but the door only stays open for about a half of a second. Hard to get balls in...but it sometimes happens. I was thinking of "tightening" up the nails...to make winning harder...plus lengthening the amount of time the door stays open to compensate for the tight nails!

30. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks good always glad to help

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Finally put my transformer on.KINDLE_CAMERA_1470181176000.jpg while doing that, I replaced a leaf switch with a micro switch. Fairly easy...just lining everything up to work right.The jackpot switch came apart as well. I thought I would replace as well.KINDLE_CAMERA_1470181319000.jpg this wastrickier, because this lift bar is a delicate balance. The lift bar doesen't have enough force to close the switch. So, I resoldered the leaf switch, and held it together with silicone. Attached as before and now my lights and attack door work properly

34. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall