Thread: Vintage machine not lighting up, missing power supply?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Vintage machine not lighting up, missing power supply?

First off, I've been lurking for a while. I owned a pachinko machine as a child, an old Nishijin Super DX - but I knew little about it. It just WORKED. Then, when I moved out, of my parents house years ago, it wasn't able to make the trip with me (packed everything in a pick-up and drove away). So, naturally, I've long had a passion to get back into the game. I just purchased two machines, one older Maruhon (unsure of the year) and a more-modern Maturi Apollo 13...and I'm thrilled that this form is here to help me get back into the hobby.

Anyway, enough about me. The problem I'm having is with the Maruhon. It's an oldie, but I'm not sure about the model. I've got a couple of questions, if any of you guys wouldn't mind helping me tackle them.

1. First off, any idea of which model this is? I'd like to know, for my own learning as a collector, and so I can tell people when they inevitably start a conversation about it.
    2. Second, what's up with the English text on the main playboard? It's weird nonsensical English, almost sounds like it's out of an ad, but not really. Is this normal, and if so, what the heck does it mean?
    3. This is the main reason I'm posting: this old beast is firing just fine, and I'm able to play, but the lights are not functioning. There are two cables (green and yellow) which are loose that appear to be connected to a power supply of some sort. Is this the issue with the power to the unit? Either way, any advice for getting this thing lit up and going? She's pretty and a nice complementary piece to the flasher Apollo. I'd love to have her lit up and going 100%.

I'll attach some photos to give you guys a better idea of what I'm dealing with here. Any advice would, again, be much appreciated. Thanks for having me here, I look forward to being a longtime contributor once I lose some of this ignorance that is holding me back right now!

DSC00001.jpgDSC00002.jpgDSC00003.jpg

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to The Colonel