Thread: cyclic modern gladiator

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default cyclic modern gladiator

So guess what I am the proud new owner of this amazing machine. I must say it took a lot of work and a lot of luck to get it to my house but all of the Pachi gods must have wanted me to have it. So Now that I have the machine I have finallly figured out how to get it up and running well sort of. It was missing all of the pachinko balls on both machines but I figured out how to refill the machine. So that I do not thinkthis will be an issue anymore. This machine does not have a ball lifter on it. instead it sort of just recycles the balls that if already has. I guess this is a good thing and a bad thing. What if I hit a fever or something will I have enough balls to payout. My other big question is I have figured out that this machine use to be at a brunswick bowling alley and I guess now that I think of it the pay out of balls is converted into tickets so if I hit a fever that just means more tickets. so I guess my real questions is the machine has 2 bad coin mechs and has no ticket mechs or tickets. so when I am able to trick the machine into thinking I have inserted two coins by unplugging the coing mech and plugging it back in I get one credit. Then when I am able to shoot a couple of pachinkos balls I get a couple of tickets according to the large ticket screen above the machine where the battle counter should have been and then the machine stops because no ticket mech and no tickets being given. Call Attendant it says.

So is there a way I can disconnect the coin mech and the ticket mech and just have the machine if free play somehow. So I dont have to worry about tickets or inserting coins. Just turn the power on and bam im ready to play.

any help would be greatly appriciated on this. I am super excited to get this machine up and running and it is one of my most prize machines at this point.

oh I am also going to need a door key for it. I had to do do some crazy arm bending to hit the latch inside to open the machines.
    00p0p_hWL6OE2pJZ9_600x450.jpgIMG_5487.jpgIMG_5484.jpgIMG_5486.jpg

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to nikkolir

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: cyclic modern gladiator

I suggest a read of this thread

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...ter-pachi.html

Although to fully convert back you might have a problem because I don't see any rear ball tanks.

I would by pass the whole credit assembly and just get it so the shooter works, As for payouts, you just don't get any. I alway wanted to get a cyclic and build a little prototype board so it could run on a counter or some sort, But I have enough things to do here
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

1st to the site that never closes since 2004

2nd where in California are you as I am here in the Central coast and I see that you have a pair of Gladiator Pachinkos ? I think that Smart and Final might have Tickets in spools and as for the coin problem a good old fashion momentary button can fool the coin counter .

Wait ,.,.,.,.,., I have already over 20 vintage / modern pachinkos and would have to get rid of some to get another Hummm

some of use have spare Modern Japanese Pachinko keys or you might find a seller still on Ebay selling them
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 06-10-2015 at 04:12 PM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

6. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Takethecastle57
    I actually lilve in the bay area. I have managed to rebuild one of the coin mechs and I have figured out how to get it to take Pachislo tokens but when I start playing the game again after 10 seoncds the game stops wokring and says tickets empty call attendant. Thank you for the heads up about smart and final I will check them out later today. I am also going to need ticket mechs. I have no idea where to get these at. I wonder if it is possible to trick the machine instead of giving tickets just think it is doing so. I have also considered that maybe you only get 10 seconds of play because its not like you play until your out of balls because it just recycles the same balls over and over agin and that would mean endless tickets. Any thoughts? Thank you again for your help and I hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you want to return them to normal (if cyclic) pachis, best way is to remove all the cabinet add ons and return them to normal pachis,
    I guess that when it goes into error the shooter stops working, right? But when this happens, if you drop a ball in any of the pockets, it still rolls out the front? yes?
    So the cabinet interface is interupting the signal from the cr dongle or the stop button on the shooter ( wired indirectly through it)
    Bypass this and you can shoot to your hearts content.

Find the 25pin d socket for the dongle and work back from there to the shooter. or start at the shooter and work back.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 06-10-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Drunkenclam

yes I would like to keep them as they are but I think i just want to disable the winning tickets part. It actually does seem that after 10 seconds the machine stops working and you can no longer shoot balls. its as if the time limit is up and the machine shuts off unil you reset the machine or unplug it. I know half of the problem is not having ticket mechs so that is going to be fun to figure out. I have even unplugged the pachinkos from the box or brain that tells the pachinko to spit out tickets. this just makes the machine not work at all. I have watched some videos on youtube and I see that in the pachinko parlors they put in money and this activates the balls to come out and then you just play unitl you stop winning balls. Im hoping that this might be the same and the 10 seconds is not how it is going to be for ever. Looks like I need to find some ticket mechs soon. I will take pictures of the empty slot where the ticket mechs suppose to be toinght and post them along with other pictures of the black box and other things. It also has some weird box that says message box but it doesnt seem to do anything either. So I guess I have my work cut out for me tonight with pictures. Thank you again for your help and I hope to talk to you soon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes in the parlour they put money in to get balls, but the shooter is always active. As you have a constant supply of balls, the system interupts the signal from the shooter handle.
    Ian #UKPachinko

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Something to possibly try is to replace the current dongle with a standard one that we all have on our machines.
    It's been awhile, but if I remember correctly that dongle is what controls what happens (ie DaveRob's dongle).
    So in theory that should make it run like our machines and bypass the need for coins or tickets.
    Then again I could be way wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Just a thought.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From what I remember on candy flips machines, the dongle credit was bypassed, and the machine stopped firing because the stop button has been cut into. seeing as a basic dongle triggers and opto coupler (I think) to make the shooter work.
    As I say, start at the 25p din socket and work back from there. (Is there anything in that socket at the moment?)
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam