Thread: Does anyone have a Gear Shock manual translated to english? Thunderbirds model

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Does anyone have a Gear Shock manual translated to english? Thunderbirds model

Hello and thanks for any help you may be able to provide. I just bought a Thunderbirds Pachinko (It doesn't hum! Can't believe it!) in the Fuji Gear Shock housing and I have searched high and low on the web for an English translated manual with no luck. I saw in an old post (2008) that Daverob was going to translate it, but have yet to find it. I have yet to get a bonus on it and think maybe something may be set wrong (or just a stingier setting). It has some switches and buttons on the back and I have no clue what they do. Any advice or answers are appreciated. And if you have a translated manual, you'll be my new best friend!

Thanks again and keep those balls shooting for the tulips!
    Mike

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to radian31

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Does anyone have a Gear Shock manual translated to english? Thunderbirds mod

hello, Welcome to PachiTalk (Welcome to Posting )

As you know all the manuals are written in Japanese, but we are lucky to have some members that can translate. At the moment I believe there are only a couple of Sankyo frame manuals that have been translated (by Daverob) the 'Victory Frame' and of course the popular 'Lumina Frame'

You know sometimes pachinko is just plain stingy, they don't have adjustable 'odds' settings like Pachislos do, but they are designed to make money in the Parlours so it is possible that some of the nails have been 'tuned' - adjusted slightly to make the balls harder to travel to the pockets, an easy way to test is just to open the door and manually guide a ball through and see if it fits. (you can adjust nails to open them up a little if you do it carefully and gently to avoid breaking them). You can also test it is paying out by dropping the balls into the pockets manually.

Also some pachinkos will go through many many hours of play before they hit any sort of Fever rounds, they are designed to be played in parlours non-stop and if they paid out too often the parlour wouldn't make any money. That said, once you hit a winning streak you are likely to get back-to-back fevers. I have a couple of machines that take forever to fever and others that seem to be constantly paying out.

Pachinkos are generally manufactured in versions with their set odds displayed on the cell which will indicate their payout percentages, and these can be usually be found on the manufacturers website.

Hopefully other members can offer more advice to you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does anyone have a Gear Shock manual translated to english? Thunderbirds mod

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does anyone have a Gear Shock manual translated to english? Thunderbirds mod

Thanks so much for your response Angie! I am relieved to hear that "stinginess" is a norm for these machines. Your input on this pachinko is quite revealing. This is my first newer pachinko and really didn't know what to expect since all of my old ones don't have anything close to a bonus or fever. I would guess that with these newer pachinko machines, the whole point is the hope that you will be the lucky one to actually get the bonus then and the rest of the payouts are just kinda to keep you around playing. Thanks again!

Mike

8. The following user says "Thanks" to radian31

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you look on the front, normally in the top right corner of the cel, it should list the odds.
    The last few machines I got, I went for the light versions, smaller payouts but more often with odds of 1/99 instead of 1/299-399
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One of these days I'll get round to finishing the Gear Shock manual translation (and the later Fuji Pallet Cube one, which is pretty much the same text with different pictures!), I only got a few pages in and then sold my Thunderbirds.

If anyone wants anything translated from the Japanese manuals, best thing is to post here and someone will either post a translation or tell you what it's all about from experience with the machine.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob