Thread: It is a Tragedy. HEIWA Single Shot with Lighted Animated Dancers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default It is a Tragedy. HEIWA Single Shot with Lighted Animated Dancers.

My guess is it is from the late 1950's as there is mostly tin in the back, I really am just guessing but the sad story goes, My neighbor is like a modern day Horder Fred Sanford type a guy and this pachinko was in the back of some vehicle with a rotted tarp over it for a number of years. The city has demanded he clean up his property and I found this in the trash.
    Mostly complete but missing the front and rear ball trays. Someone had it hanging on their wall like a picture at some point in its life. The playfield has lifted in some areas and the rear main plywood board everything screws to has warpage and the corner has separated.

I Really hate to throw anything like this out. Plus it has to be a rare model. My background of pinball machines has told me that any machine that has "Animation" of some sort will be more of a collector piece than the normal.
    Anyways, Don't shoot the messenger, I Saved it from the trash but I don't have any time for this type of project. I restore Reel to Reel tape decks/receivers/turntables/speakers in my spare time and things have me staggering and need room.

What do you guys think?
    P5260117.jpgP5260118.jpgP5260119.jpgP5260120.jpgP5260121.jpgP5260122.jpgP5260123.jpgP5260124.jpgP5260125.jpg

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to Zcuckoo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: It is a Tragedy. HEIWA Single Shot with Lighted Animated Dancers.

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Zcuckoo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a shame. I have a Heiwa with the same open ball cage, but mine features Tokyo Tower instead of dancers. There are some really talented restorers here, maybe one of them will take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing the photos even though it's heartbreaking.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the addiction and we few, we happy few have more hobbies than Pachinkoss and Pachislos I collect /restore 1900 wind up 78 rpm portable phonographs ( just 3 of them ) 5 Akai/ Roberts Reel to Reel just the reel to reel 8 track ones and one early auto reverse . 35mm Slide collecting and have and 3 Kodak Ektagraphic Audio /Video machines model 220,270 , and a 470 Oh and 17 Vintage /20 Modern Pachinkos and 5 Pachislos .

I am thinking of parring down my collection recently since now I am doing Pewter casting of vintage A. C. Gilbert Lead soldier molds for one of the local museums here.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

8. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

correction the portable phonographs are from the early 1900's
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If nobody local to you wants it, let me know. Not that I need another project...
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am in VA. Please do not throw it away. I have very little time and plenty of projects but will happily give it a home and add it to my project list to keep it from being trashed.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd be overjoyed to give that a home, assuming someone would send me an image of what the payout tray would look like on that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smeggers2 View Post
    I'd be overjoyed to give that a home, assuming someone would send me an image of what the payout tray would look like on that.
    Welcome to Pachitalk

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW! That is a fascinating machine! It is absolutely worth salvaging. Wish I had time...if you were closer I would want to come get it! I once drove to Silver springs, Md. for a machine!model A help 016.jpg Can't say I'll do that again!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

assuming someone would send me an image of what the payout tray would look like on that.
    Hard to do especially seeing that is the first of this model I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of machines. However if not trying to be exact most any single shot tray (from that time period) should work.

Also to Pachitalk!

100 machines and counting...

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, It should be "Welcome again," as my old account here locked me out for some reason. So here I am, reincarnated. See any "Mr_Smeggers" post for who I am and what I have.

As for the payout tray, I collect Heiwas, just not ones that old. I'm thinking that Spyder138's machine would hold a good clue, as Heiwas wasn't known for changing its overall design too often.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mr_Smeggers2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm thinking that Spyder138's machine would hold a good clue, as Heiwas wasn't known for changing its overall design too often.
    If someone gets this and would like photos and measurements of the tray from mine from the same time frame, I think i can still get to that machine. I'm moving a few machines around these days so what may be accessible today may not be tomorrow.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, It should be "Welcome again," as my old account here locked me out for some reason. So here I am, reincarnated. See any "Mr_Smeggers" post for who I am and what I have.

Do send me a PM if you would like me to investigate and see if I can merge your accounts for you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

24. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just see 1 post and the join date and instantly do it. Never paid attention to the user name.

100 machines and counting...

26. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Welcome to the addiction and we few, we happy few have more hobbies than Pachinkoss and Pachislos I collect /restore 1900 wind up 78 rpm portable phonographs ( just 3 of them ) 5 Akai/ Roberts Reel to Reel just the reel to reel 8 track ones and one early auto reverse . 35mm Slide collecting and have and 3 Kodak Ektagraphic Audio /Video machines model 220,270 , and a 470 Oh and 17 Vintage /20 Modern Pachinkos and 5 Pachislos .

I am thinking of parring down my collection recently since now I am doing Pewter casting of vintage A. C. Gilbert Lead soldier molds for one of the local museums here.
    Here is a vid of one of the few X-1800SD's I've done. You can search my username on youtube and see a few others.