Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help!

I purchased a Neo Planet, built by YAMASA. I purchased the machine on EBay from Pachinko Palace. The machine seems to work just fine except the reels are really noisy with a high pitched hum. Is this normal or should I contact the seller as the machine is supposed to be completely rebuilt? They are nearly so loud that they hurt my ears. The other thing is that it is supposed to have a volume control on it, does anyone know where it is located. Sorry about all of the questions as I am new to these machines and this forum also. By the way which pays out the most, the number 1 or the number 6. Thanks again as any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help!

try putting some silicon in the reel motor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

missed the last part: 6 pays out the most

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WHOA!

Before you go shooting stuff into the motors...

They do make noise. How much, it's hard to tell, without hearing it.
    Are they rubbing against anything? Check that first.

Remember there's a warranty... and you don't want to void it with spray!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you do put silicon in only put a drop or two in that quited the reels down on my beast sapp but as LP said its normal for them to make some noise

Thanks
    Thanks Received

tulsa had a good thing on another thread.....try kicking it real hard.....just kidding dont do that....i agree with logicprobe it has a warranty......i found that yamasa reels are a bit nosier then others......check to see if something is rubbing on the reel due to shipping.....boy i hate shipping.....but if they are hurting your ears.......and nothing is rubbing.....leave it alone......remember its under warranty.....just my couple of tokens worth here

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its very difficult to be happy with reels and their sounds sometimes, dont push them too much or you will be machine less...
    "Listen, our practice will be different today. I want you to forget that I'm your master and use all that I taught you."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Dragon Dice makes quite a bit of reel noise, but it isn't just one reel, it's all three. They all make about the same whine. I'm not going to mess with it. The machine works perfectly other than that annoyance and am hesitant to mess something else up by lubricating them or whatever.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, every one covered the reels and payout, so I will tell you where yer volume knobs are.
    On the door near the top you will see a small red knob and a similar green knob one for each set of speakers.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have King Pulsar, Neo Planet and Magic Pulsar all Yamasa machines and they do have a distinctive noise when spinning. I think most Yamasa machines sound similar. I believe this to be normal. I wouldn't say it is loud enough to hurt my ears but it is a bit pitchy.
    -------------------------------
    Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing.
    -Wernher von Braun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had this machine and had the same problem, they drove me crazy it was a load hum from all the reels. If I recall this machine had two volume dails on the board above the reels, I think a yellow and red dial, not the nomal three postion switch. You can turn the Volume down without and mods to this machine. Setting Six is the best payout.
    Harley Davidson ** King Camel ** Las Vagas ** Adams Family ** Dragon Dice ** Super Black Jack ** Sinbad Adventure ** Big Bomber ** Austin Powers ** Babel ** Hot Rod Queen ** Las Vegas**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Quitest Yamasa Machine That I Have Is The Crazy Shaman Sitting Right Next To Me Just Put About 500 Tokens In It And Hit Nothing.....its Running Cold Tonite......maybe Because Its Sitting On Top Of My Marine Battle.......all My Other Yamasa Machines That I Have Are A Bit Louder

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ive got a slot with noisy reels from L to R (Left being the loudest) & I thought/think they were/are REALLY loud.
    I called PachinkoPalace & actually held the phone up to the machine for the "tech" to hear.
    He said it was not unusual for some machines to be loud. I have 4 slots & they all vary. But none of the others are like this one.
    The machine runs fine (as far as I can tell !?) so my options are kinda limited. I want to avoid shipping it back if at all possible.
    I feel your pain & understand your concern. What I would suggest is to ask PachinkoPalace to listen to it over the phone. If they say it isnt unusual then ask their opinion about the silicon & would that void your warranty. (In fact, thats what Im going to do also)
    Good luck & please keep me informed on the outcome...
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Utopia1dc

I agree. Hold off on that spray. Check to see if they are rubbing against something. Yamasa's like to hum a little bit more than other manufacturers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well Lddrizzt,

I was close on remembering those knob colors, but I gave it shot.
    Harley Davidson ** King Camel ** Las Vagas ** Adams Family ** Dragon Dice ** Super Black Jack ** Sinbad Adventure ** Big Bomber ** Austin Powers ** Babel ** Hot Rod Queen ** Las Vegas**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can shoot them with a little silicone spray but it's not going to help. This model simply has extremely loud reels.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have two Yamasa machines, waiting for the third, a Neo Planet to arrive.

The '96 model Wai Wai Pulsar reels run quiter than any other machine, but the solanoid noise when pushing the joy stick or stopping the reels is VERY loud.

The Neo Magic Pulsar has the loudest reel hum but not to the point of hurting my ears. The two dial type volume controls (yellow and red) near the top of the door are the best of any of my machines, so far. From very loud to almost inaudible. However, in BB or RB mode it does get louder.

I did discover that on both the Neo Planet and the King Camel (made by Sammy) that if you don't spin the reels during a Big or Regular Bonus for about 30 seconds, the volume drops!

One last thing, IMHO Yamasa and Sammy are quality built machines. My first IGT machine will arrive later this week, and I understand they are quality built machines also. I'll finnd out.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey guys thanks for the quick responses. I did find the volume controls and got that turned down. I called their tech support and they said that all reels make noise and said that what I had was normal. I then asked if I could lube them to help and he said to use white grease on a Q tip on the motor shaft and not to use silicone. He said that it probably wouldn't help any though as they overhaul the reels before it is shipped out. Maybe I over reacted but it is quite a loud whine. As I said this is my first machine and from what reading I had done it sounded like Yamasa machines were quality machines. I am sure I am going to enjoy it a lot!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some make more noise than others,

you have to remember these are used machines, not new.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

JC, get more Pachilos, and throw in a couple of Pachinkos. You won't notice the reel noise as much, especially when they're all being played at once!

These machines aren't a hobby, they're an addiction!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast