Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Onimusha 3 No Sync

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Onimusha 3 No Sync

Here is a pic of the message. Not the same no sync message as everyone else.

IMG_1297.JPG

2. The following user says "Thanks" to golferdude

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay just shooting from the hip on this because there may be some differences in our machines. I was messing around with some cables on my Ultraman Club ST machine and I was able to get just the "no sync" phrase on a black background and after ten seconds the black screen turned white with no video to follow during game play. I know this isn't any direct help but perhaps this and some other connections could be part of the issue. The picture below has a yellow box in the center showing the cable I pulled to get my error. I wasn't at this point able to duplicate your error message.
    UltramanClubST inside.jpg
    Perhaps recheck your cables by unplugging them and re-seating them. Sometimes this is enough to knock loose any corrosion. I pulled several of the cables around the clear box (above my yellow square) one at a time with the power off. In-between I powered up the machine and several did affect the video screen.

If still no go after the transformer swap and wire check then perhaps I can dig deeper.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. still alittle strange I am the only one to report this error. I am going to try to take it apart if the transformer doest fix it. Since it looses sound also I believe is someting to do with a cable or the sound card. I do have another sound card coming to try.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The odd part is that on mine at least some if not all of both the sound and video is put out from the same card. It's the one above the yellow box in my picture.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mine too. we have almost the exact card and setup. I sure hope I can get this fixed. Im getting board with my only other machine the Automatic(it is fun though).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it didnt do anything at first but i let it run. later rodeo opa and the japanese writing came on but the next step is initializing the game, video and sound. then same error now just the error again. this tranformer is hot also.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I started taking my Ultraman Club ST apart today for another reason. I wanted to pull the glass out from behind the monitor to see about fixing some damage on it. In the process I did open the enclosure over the monitor in the picture below. Looking down from the top inside of the door you will see a fan that should run constantly. The fan moves heat away from the heat sink partially exposed under a cover below the fan. This is the heat sink that someone found to be problematic in a post that you may have read elsewhere. S/He found there to be excessive space between the heat sink and the board. After re-doing it, the monitor problem was resolved.
    UltramanClubST MonitorFan.jpg
    Getting to this point is all the further that I dared to go so far as I am going to work on my main glass panel now. It was very easy getting this far. If you do take yours apart then you may want to take pictures as you go for the reassembly later. Keep track of the many little screws as you go. Perhaps there is something that will look obviously wrong or bad on one of the boards (in the picture) inside this casing over the monitor if you pull them out.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks I am going to start taking it apart soon. I missed it so much I got another machine. still wonder why it has a 6 amp power supply and can run on a 5 amp or 6 amp transformer. Wayne was so nice to send one to me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My thinking is this on the amperage between US and JP systems. In Japan the voltage is lower than in the US, 100 vs 120. Let’s say that you need to supply 600 watts of power to a machine. At 100 volts the needed 600 watts results in 6 amps whereas at 120 volts the amps would be 5.

But even with that then how is it that a machine rated at 250VA doesn’t need something more like a 10 amp power supply? It’s a 24 volt system but not everything runs at that same voltage.

Any fellow engineers care to offer some expertise to this opinion?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I am thinking it is not the power now. I hope when I take it apart and try the other sound card I might geti t going. I really will spend money on this one , it is fun.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I have a Devil May Cry, Sammy/Rodeo. Its a black Diamond reskin. I took it apart and the lcd ribbon was cut . I can't get it to full power. I also have a spider man 2 reskin . It works perfectly. I took the lcd unit out of spiderman and put it in The devil. To my surprise it played spiderman 2 . The board on the lcd unit must be the video board . So I switched the board with the devil board and it came up no sync . I'm getting closer to the answer of what's going on . If you would like to see the videos I have a group on Facebook . Pachislo Depot unlimited repair and share. If I finally figure it out I'll let you know. If you figure it out please do share . I been working on it for a couple days now

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I have a Devil May Cry ,Sammy/Rodeo. It's a black Diamond reskin. For some reason I can't get full power. I took the lcd unit apart . The lcd ribbon was cut . It's common on reskins . I have a spiderman reskin fully working. I took the whole lcd unit in the devil . To my surprise it played spiderman. The board on top on the door must be the video board. I switched it with the devil and all I can get is no sync . Frustrated I spent hrs trying to figure it out . If you would like to see the videos . I have a Facebook group . Pachislo Depot unlimited repair and share. If you figure it out please share . I'm running out of ideas other than the board is bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2