Thread: New machine and I've got some questions!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New machine and I've got some questions!

Hello everyone, I've been lurking this forum for a bit and finally decided to make the jump and but a pachinko machine. The machine I have is the Eva 7. So without further ado, here are my questions;

1) I see a lot of top hopper designs, and it makes sense that balls can be fed in from the top of the machine. However, when I put balls into what looks like a top hopper built into my machine, they just go through and fall out the bottom. I attached a picture of what looks like is the part that should stop this from happening, but I'm not sure how to make it function properly. The device is on the top right of the machine. Any ideas?
    IMG_20150430_100907.jpg

2) Below the above device, there is this blue panel with a bunch of information on it that I can't read. When I open it there seems to be a nob that can be turned with a flat-head screw driver. Does anyone know what this panel houses?
    IMG_20150430_100922.jpg

3) On the bottom left of the back of machine, there are 4 turn nobs. These aren't labeled at all so I have no idea what they do and I am hesitant to mess with them. Any ideas as to what these could be for?
    IMG_20150430_101036.jpg

I really appreciate any input you more experienced pachinkoers have, thanks for your time!

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Hive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New machine and I've got some questions!

first things first

Welcome to Pachitalk

there is a latch to stop the balls on you machine but im not familer enough to tell you where that latch is..

im not sure what the nob is for

now for your last question

those are volume controls.. each one is for one speaker.. to adjust the volume.. they are aftermarket..
    Last edited by Moparformances; 04-30-2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spellin
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

^ Yeah what he said about your ball release "switch/valve" must be stuck open, it's easy to forget to close it after draining all the balls. Take a close look at this "pachinko manual" ....it has a nice diagram with the general location.

http://akimono.herokuapp.com/pachinkomanual

6. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

As a fellow Noob to modern Pachinko I say Welcome..

I can give you an answer on the 3rd question.. they are your volume control Pots.. installed by Akimono they control the 4 speakers on your V trigger frame.

I was also eyeing this machine lets see some game video once you get it running.

Rob

8. The following user says "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks both of you for your input and warm welcome!! I went over and took a look and was able to get balls to go in the hopper and not come out (not sure if it is working properly with paying out but I will find out when I can turn it on). Also thanks so much for that manual... I don't know how I didn't see that but it's bookmarked now haha

I do have one more question though; Some of the metal pins are bent. Can I just use a set of pliers to bend these back in shape or do I risk breaking the plastic/acrylic that they are drilled into?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Thanks both of you for your input and warm welcome!! I went over and took a look and was able to get balls to go in the hopper and not come out (not sure if it is working properly with paying out but I will find out when I can turn it on). Also thanks so much for that manual... I don't know how I didn't see that but it's bookmarked now haha

I do have one more question though; Some of the metal pins are bent. Can I just use a set of pliers to bend these back in shape or do I risk breaking the plastic/acrylic that they are drilled into?
    The brass nails on the play field? Those can be adjusted/straightened pretty easy, I just adjust them with my finger if one is bent, brass will bend, not break. Pliers would work to just don't yank too hard! It's common for them to be "tweaked" by the parlor, usually to reduce payouts and increase house odds against the player! You can open/spread the pins in choice locations around the pockets to increase the ease getting balls in the pocket, thereby banking more spins on the "reels", thereby increasing your odds of getting a fever round!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok fantastic. Thanks, lotsofballs!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use a small socket on a 1/4" inch handle to adjust pins, I would play it first before moving any pins, they may have been tweaked for better gameplay

if you have the 2 prong metal piece on the hopper flipped down, you won't get any payouts.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

14. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your hopper fix doesn't work please post an update. I can take a photo of the ball dump open/close when I get home. If I remember correctly it is under a hinged plastic cover on the right side of the machine. If not under the cover it would still be on the right side of the machine and I believe it would be a white plastic slider that may not be real obvious what it is unless you are looking for it. As luckydog said, if you just flipped the double pronged plastic piece the balls will not be able to make it to the payout mechanism. You can use this if you want to drain balls from the payout area, but don't want to drain the entire hopper.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    If your hopper fix doesn't work please post an update. I can take a photo of the ball dump open/close when I get home. If I remember correctly it is under a hinged plastic cover on the right side of the machine. If not under the cover it would still be on the right side of the machine and I believe it would be a white plastic slider that may not be real obvious what it is unless you are looking for it. As luckydog said, if you just flipped the double pronged plastic piece the balls will not be able to make it to the payout mechanism. You can use this if you want to drain balls from the payout area, but don't want to drain the entire hopper.

Ok I found the area that you are talking about (it's almost exactly like you described). Under the hinged door there is a small white turn knob. I was able to get balls to stop going out of the machine from the hopper so I'm guessing it was in the right mode at that time. I'll get to play with the machine more tonight and I'll report back!

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Hive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hate to bring back up an old thread, but i received my first pachinko machine today same style...( Aquarion 3) and i seem to be having the same issue with the balls falling through...Is this manual http://akimono.herokuapp.com/pachinkomanual available somewhere else...the link doesn't work anymore...I generally try to read the threads and figure things out, but this machine is confusing & it dead ends to where the OP of the thread never replied to tell if it was the right switch he found... Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not familiar with that frame, but if you keep looking on the right side of the machine from the rear there should be a switch or knob of some sort for the ball release; it's pretty obvious once you find it as balls will no longer fall out when you fill the hopper when it's flipped back to the closed position. I'd post some better pics than what the OP posted of that area, maybe someone can spot it, or has this frame and knows where to locate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by thcrw7391 View Post
    I hate to bring back up an old thread, but i received my first pachinko machine today same style...( Aquarion 3) and i seem to be having the same issue with the balls falling through...Is this manual http://akimono.herokuapp.com/pachinkomanual available somewhere else...the link doesn't work anymore...I generally try to read the threads and figure things out, but this machine is confusing & it dead ends to where the OP of the thread never replied to tell if it was the right switch he found... Thanks
    post a few good pics of your machine front and back.. when taking pictures of the back take 2 or 3 close up pics of the back right side.. we should be able to get you up and running

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_20170504_073724.jpgIMG_20170504_073732.jpgIMG_20170504_073748.jpgIMG_20170504_073822.jpgIMG_20170504_073844.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's the black switch that goes up and down that the 3rd picture is referring too, but then again it could be some crazy settings that might make things worse.

Thanks.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to thcrw7391

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello thcrw7391 and welcome to the group

Sorry I can't help as I do not have this frame but others should be along. Just wanted to say HI

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcomes, I hope to get a firm answer soon as i'm anxious to figure out how to play it properly....I purchased on Amazon from clover collectables because of the free shipping put it within a reasonable price range (no cheapies around my area very often), I already have a couple of Pachislo machines that i recently purchased which i'm sure i'll have questions for soon enough...Again Thanks for the welcome and any help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have that frame, and it is the sliding switch that is in the graphic in the fourth picture. It is hard to get your fingers on, as it is wedged between the payout motor and the electronics. It slides up and down on the left side of the payout motor. I use a flat screw driver to get above or below it to push it up or down. My switch is white, and stands out a little more.

28. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Mike Briggs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mike,
    I think you are talking about the switch i was refering too..I should have said 3rd & 4th picture (the black plastic switch poking out the side in the 4th picture). I would have tried it already, but i didn't want to turn it on and not know what it did...

It's not hard for me to get to when you lift that cover.. i Can move it up and down with a fingertip...Thanks