Thread: Should I buy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Should I buy

p1.jpgQuestion, I am told it works and is complete, should I buy? does anyone here have one like this?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Should I buy

Quote Originally Posted by keith1066 View Post
    p1.jpgQuestion, I am told it works and is complete, should I buy? does anyone here have one like this?
    I dunno, depends on the price, how much room you have to put it with that bulky stand...I think it's cool!
    The light is a nice touch on it. I guess these recycle the balls? That would be a nice touch if so...(Cue expert to chime in)

There's also one of those quarter operated ones on ebay too for a price reference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pachinko-Machine-Performance-Enterprises-Inc-PERFECT-WORKING-ORDER-NO-RESERVE-/191564369130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9a204cea

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

for me, I wouldn't even in the baron lands of the UK, The tacky pachinko sticker is a real off point for me, Although, something in the top rh corner looks interesting, almost like a small digital display. Why does it have a coin slot in the bottom LH corner?

Nevermind
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If it truly works, I would grab it. The coin ops are a lot of fun.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is commonly referred to as a computer pachinko. I have never played one, but they look cool. They always have that big stand. They are a completely different animal than a mechanical machine. Watch this video that Mopar made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwuz5j5aS3Q And this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwxQesuW03o

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thoroughly check it out and play it before making an offer. when these coin ops come up for sale, they're usually not working and spare parts only come from other, similar machines which are rare. adding to that, is that if there are electrical components that are bad or do go bad, you need to have the ability to diagnose and repair these types of problems or find someone who does.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    It is commonly referred to as a computer pachinko. I have never played one, but they look cool. They always have that big stand. They are a completely different animal than a mechanical machine. Watch this video that Mopar made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwuz5j5aS3Q And this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwxQesuW03o

Well this one http://toledo.craigslist.org/clt/4976702270.html is in your area at $100 and clean and working. I would like it but do not have the time to go.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just wanted to point out that the playtray looks like it came off a standard Nishijin A or B model and I don't believe is original to a computer pachinko. The computer pachinko should have a different style door which just has a window to see the play balls. It is sealed with no ball access for the player.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiNC View Post
    The computer pachinko should have a different style door which just has a window to see the play balls. It is sealed with no ball access for the player.
    Some models were built like that. Others got regular style trays that were enclosed and made out of red plastic. And some like this one just got a clear piece of plastic glued on top of the tray.

100 machines and counting...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if its a fullly working machine, ya have the funds and the room i would grab it.. there fun to play..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by keith1066 View Post
    Well this one http://toledo.craigslist.org/clt/4976702270.html is in your area at $100 and clean and working. I would like it but do not have the time to go.
    150 miles each way @ 2 hr 45 min EACH way, for a type of machine that traditionally are PLAGUED with problems! If I was assured that it functioned properly, I would consider the drive. It would take my pickup truck, DSCF7902.JPG which adds to the cost!
    I have seen a number of "computer pachinkos" for sale in my "tri state" area. I75 (NORTH/SOUTH) and I70 (EAST/WEST) = CROSSROADS OF AMERICA. We have such a drug problem because S*IT can go NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, or WEST from here.
    We were once the machine shop capitol of the world! OK...it just FELT that way when I was young!
    ANYHOW! I see a lot of "computer pachinkos" in this area for some reason. None are ever close enough vs asking price to justify gas to look at. For something that takes up so much space. OK not THAT much space. But they ALWAYS have THAT cabinet! Has ANYONE separated a "computer pachinko" from it's cabinet? If I were to buy one, I would like to be able to mount in my Pachiwall, like the others...not that stupid cabinet they are always in!
    I know that I want one! I am just not ready for one yet.
    Let one show up 25 miles away

16. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The one I have can be separated from the base but it would still take up a little more space than one of my machines in a cabinet. I will try to post a few pictures Wednesday.

18. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    We were once the machine shop capitol of the world!
    I know, our family used to own one in the area back in the 30's-40's

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Mopar,I watched the video. I'm curious as to what the vibration solenoid did on these machines

21. The following user says "Thanks" to DaveCapps

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe the idea was that it would help keep the balls from jamming. I have it disconnected on mine.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do want one...now is not the time!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My computer pachinko is really the last of my projects. With the exception of adding a ball lifter to my modified power flash. I am thinking I want to try replacing my circuit board with a programmable board. The problem is I do not know much about doing that so I either need to hire someone locally or start learning on my own.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCapps View Post
    Hey Mopar,I watched the video. I'm curious as to what the vibration solenoid did on these machines
    as stated above its to keep the balls moving... i to found it not needed..

the noise to operation value was not there.. too much noise and no benefit that i found
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    My computer pachinko is really the last of my projects. With the exception of adding a ball lifter to my modified power flash. I am thinking I want to try replacing my circuit board with a programmable board. The problem is I do not know much about doing that so I either need to hire someone locally or start learning on my own.
    if ya do...

i would love it if ya could make one that plugged into the original harness.. i have two of these machines that are not working.. a replacement computer that was plug and play.. so long and the $$$ was fair i might consider two

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would be happy to help. It will not be done anytime soon though. I have a lot to teach myself in order to tackle this and with my job, spare time is at a premium.

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark