Thread: WTB Yamasa coin mech

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default WTB Yamasa coin mech

Hello everyone,

I am new here to Pachitalk but I am happy to be a part of the family here. I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I am in need of a Yamasa coin mech. I just bought a Pulsar Pachislo and it was showing the code E0. after a lot of research and trial and error I found that if I unplug the coin mech and do a full reset the alarms will stop sounding and the error was cleared. Once I plug back in the coin mech boom light and sounds are going off and the E0 code is back, I tried to reset it again but the E0 code keeps on coming back so I have come to the conclusion that the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced. I am not sure if anyone just has the sensor but I will tech the coin mech also if you have it just incase something on that is bad also. I have included a picture of the coin mech that I need with the correct wiring harness. Thank you so much in advance to everyone here at Pachitalk and I fingers crossed that I can get this machine up and running.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to nikkolir

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: WTB Yamasa coin mech

I can't help you with the coin mech, but wanted to say welcome to Pachitalk. Always nice to see another member from the SF Bay Area. There are a few of us here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    I can't help you with the coin mech, but wanted to say welcome to Pachitalk. Always nice to see another member from the SF Bay Area. There are a few of us here.
    Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you. Hope all is well in the bay with you.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to nikkolir

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am new here and I am having the same problem. Did you ever find an answer to your E0 error?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Dumptruck79 View Post
    I am new here and I am having the same problem. Did you ever find an answer to your E0 error?
    Hello Dumptruck79 and welcome to the group

Quote Originally Posted by Gmwd View Post
    Hi Dumptruck79. I have a Kero Kero Pulsar. The fix when I get a E0 is to remove the hopped from the machine, empty all the coins out, spin by hand a few revolutions then blow out dust and debris both inside the hopper and the coin guide in the door/tray. This seems to get it rolling again without any issue. I think the Pulsar machines (at least mine) are quite picky about dust and the tokens love to carry it.
    This is a good starting point from Gmwd. While you have your machine open try to clean out any debris built up in the coin mechanism as well. Q-tips and rubbing alcohol works well.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you both for the suggestions. I cleaned the hopper as well as cleaned the coin mech and it still does the same thing. As soon as I plug in the sensor board on the coin mech it gives me a E0 error.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Dumptruck79

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dumptruck79. I have a Kero Kero Pulsar. The fix when I get a E0 is to remove the hopped from the machine, empty all the coins out, spin by hand a few revolutions then blow out dust and debris both inside the hopper and the coin guide in the door/tray. This seems to get it rolling again without any issue. I think the Pulsar machines (at least mine) are quite picky about dust and the tokens love to carry it.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you determine which sensor is not working? Is it the one that releases the "trap fingers" (dont know what they are actually called) or the sensor that triggers when coin passes through it? If its the "trap fingers" and they are staying open when you turn on can you push them closed and it works ok?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is the one that triggers when the coin passes through it. It has a 5 wire plug. I have seen 4 wire ones for sale, but haven't located a 5 wire one.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Dumptruck79

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just throwing it out there if you end up wanting and needing a total replacement. I can keep an eye out for one and let you know if one comes up in an auction like a few did last month (in Japan). You could bid for one in an auction or maybe buy it, or I could do it for you and forward it onto you. I would only add the extra shipping cost of from my place to yours.

I see them once in a great while for sale in Japan but the cost can be $45-$65 with all the fees + costs in shipping to the US and then to an end user. This is why some others stateside need to charge a lot as they are into reselling as a business and trying to make a buck as well.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Just throwing it out there if you end up wanting and needing a total replacement. I can keep an eye out for one and let you know if one comes up in an auction like a few did last month (in Japan). You could bid for one in an auction or maybe buy it, or I could do it for you and forward it onto you. I would only add the extra shipping cost of from my place to yours.

I see them once in a great while for sale in Japan but the cost can be $45-$65 with all the fees + costs in shipping to the US and then to an end user. This is why some others stateside need to charge a lot as they are into reselling as a business and trying to make a buck as well.
    In general how much to the shipping fees usually run?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Dumptruck79 View Post
    It is the one that triggers when the coin passes through it. It has a 5 wire plug. I have seen 4 wire ones for sale, but haven't located a 5 wire one.
    You can try reaching out to allied electronics and asking them to cross match. Sometimes they are magic. Make sure to include photos as well as typing up any writing if you see any on the sensor.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, I will give that a try