Thread: Questions about new machine... or AKA EPIC Noob questions!!

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Questions about new machine... or AKA EPIC Noob questions!!

Since this is my first Pachinko machine.. I have some questions as to what things do on this machine and what if anything certain lights mean and other general information. For reference the machine I am talking about is Sankyo Macross Frontier.

Lets start with the easy one first.
    Lower right hand side of my machine there are 2 buttons and a display? They serve a purpose... lol what is it?
    20150322_125113.jpg

2nd Question......Keeping in the same general area there are other LED number displays this one just below the playfield in the right corner..
    My assumption is error codes of some sort.. or machine status I am guessing?
    20150322_125134.jpg

3rd Question...
    On the back of the machine.. there are colored clips.. that look alot like wire retainers similiar to what you would find on speakers to keep the wires secured. At first I thought they were dip switches but it doesn't appear to be the case.. switch/clips are located in the upper middle of the picture just above and to the left of the blue sticker on the right of the machine.
    20150322_125239.jpg

4th Question..
    There is an LED number display on a seperate board towards the bottom of the machine.
    When powered up mine shows a number 7. Is this similar to a pachilso probability setting(1-6) and if so what are the settings and what do they mean?
    20150322_125336.jpg

I think thats it for now... will find more as I get to cleaning this further... lol

Rob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Questions about new machine... or AKA EPIC Noob questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by stampeed valkyrie View Post
    Since this is my first Pachinko machine.. I have some questions as to what things do on this machine and what if anything certain lights mean and other general information. For reference the machine I am talking about is Sankyo Macross Frontier.

Lets start with the easy one first.
    Lower right hand side of my machine there are 2 buttons and a display? They serve a purpose... lol what is it?

Call buttone for attendant and credit button for credit card purchased pachinko balls. With a Dave Rob dongle, they serve a purpose in the US.

2nd Question......Keeping in the same general area there are other LED number displays this one just below the playfield in the right corner..
    My assumption is error codes of some sort.. or machine status I am guessing?

I don't know but yes some purpose.

3rd Question...
    On the back of the machine.. there are colored clips.. that look alot like wire retainers similiar to what you would find on speakers to keep the wires secured. At first I thought they were dip switches but it doesn't appear to be the case.. switch/clips are located in the upper middle of the picture just above and to the left of the blue sticker on the right of the machine.

For attaching a battle counter.

4th Question..
    There is an LED number display on a seperate board towards the bottom of the machine.
    When powered up mine shows a number 7. Is this similar to a pachilso probability setting(1-6) and if so what are the settings and what do they mean?

That display is for error codes. Some of the other members can help.

I think thats it for now... will find more as I get to cleaning this further... lol

Rob
    Did you figure out how to use the single shot button on the shooting handle? Also, you need to be touching the metal ring on same to shoot.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm let's see,

the 7 in the back display is an error code. Try filling up the rear ball tank, make sure you have a suitable container located under the rear of the machine to catch balls. Only put a few in at first, in case the ball dump is open.

Unlike pachislos. Parlour outputs aren't on a 6 or 8 pin plug, but on individual connectors, colour coded like speaker spring clips. Not dip switched, connect your battle counters to them
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

CarlW many thanks... your getting ahead of my though..
    As I said EPIC noob.. I have read about varying shots with single or multiple balls... I think I know what your talking about..

I also need to get this upright and mounted..

and Batlle Counters?

7. The following user says "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Battle counter or Data counter connects to the machine to keep track of start pocket/reel spins and jackpot/fevers.

http://youtu.be/JZdzMnd8oPw

When connected in sync they put on a show

http://youtu.be/VBq94eO8FQw

The 2 buttons on the front with the digital display are part of the parlour credit system, not used for home use unless you use a Daverob dongle to think the Pachi has a credit device plugged in.

The other display on the front will probably flash up during a fever, there are some Japanese websites that say what each type is and further chance of wins, but it could just be hearsay.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Concerning your second question: The numbers or symbols it displays is in reaction to game play. It can indicate whether or not a reach may happen. Unfortunately, I do not know how to read it.

As for single shot: If you look around the shooter knob, you will notice a small tab. When you press it, it will prevent the shooter from working. If you release it briefly and press it back down, you can shoot one ball at a time.
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ackleplem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you get a Daverob dongle, when you play you can select a number of credits, they will show on the display near the two buttons. When you run out of balls, you can push one of the buttons and it will dispense a number of balls from the top tray in the back to the front tray to play. The credit display will then show 1 less credit. You can adjust the # of balls dispensed per credit by multiples of 25. It also has other features I can't remember. It is a must have if you have a modern!

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/features-rev2.html Here is more info on Daverob dongles.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Macross Frontier battle counter terminals:
    http://www.daiichi.net/jp/pdf/sankyo/74.pdf

17. The following user says "Thanks" to mandoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks to all that responded..
    Now with the machine in a cabinet and working..
    more Questions..
    Is there any guide for payouts.. or what you hit pays out...X amount?

I understand the premise of a start gate, but there are other gates at the bottom.. 3 of them look literally impossible to get any balls in... I may need to bend some pins.

I think there are also some machine specific gates.. and a spinner.

What triggers the petals to open on the main gate in the center? its almost completely random when this happens..

lol

so many questions so little time!

Thanks again.

Rob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks to all that responded..
    Now with the machine in a cabinet and working..
    more Questions..
    Is there any guide for payouts.. or what you hit pays out...X amount?

I understand the premise of a start gate, but there are other gates at the bottom.. 3 of them look literally impossible to get any balls in... I may need to bend some pins.

I think there are also some machine specific gates.. and a spinner.

What triggers the petals to open on the main gate in the center? its almost completely random when this happens..

lol

so many questions so little time!

Thanks again.

Rob
    To answer your questions:

If you look up your machine in the search section of the website, you should find a thread regarding new machines at the time your machine came out. Click on the link for the company that put the machine out and hit the translate feature (if needed). It will tell you what the payout rates are. Depending on the fever round, it will usually payout between 500 - 2000 balls.

My Yamato Resurrection also has gates on the bottom left that are completely pinned in. I bent the pins on one of them to see if it worked. The gate did score, but did not spin the reels. The only gate that will do that is the starter gate. I would have needed to remove all the pins to make it work with the game. I just bent the pins back to their original position. There is a secondary pay gate on the right side of the playing field that is usuable, which pays out 10 balls but does not spin the reels.

I don't know if you mean spinner wheel or something else. A spinner wheel is just that, a wheel that affects where the balls go and nothing else. Each machine will have theme specific items.

The petals on the starter gate will activate during certain times, depending on the game. On Yamato Resurrection, the petals usually open during post fever play. The petals will open and close. They will not stay open. I usually fire off a few balls that go into the left and right sides of the playing field to maximize the number of balls that get into the starter gate when that is going on. I've maxed out at getting 4 balls in at a time into an open starter gate.

I hope that helps.
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

What triggers the petals to open on the main gate in the center? its almost completely random when this happens.

During normal play on most modern pachinkos this is how it works.. here's an old post of mine that I found..hopefully it makes some sense!!

Sub Roulette

Each time a ball goes through the pass through pocket, then one of the 4 leds will light..those are stocked chances of getting the flippers around the main start pocket to open for less than a second, theoretically giving you a better chance to get a ball in the start pocket for a spin..there is usually also 2 symbols somewhere on the play field or on the screen that are usually an X and an O that will flash back and forth and then stop on one of them..if it stops on the right symbol then the flippers will open..if it stops on the other symbol then they won't open..Then if you have anymore stocked it will start again!!

On some pachinkos it will always stop on the winning symbol and on others it rarely does..like on Star Wars!!

It is often referred to as the 'sub roulette' on these forums!!

I hope I explained that ok...Its a feature on most modern pachinkos!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its kinda making sense..
    the last part about lights and the petals opening kinda lost me..

But thanks though.

So onto an observation..
    I made a note below about gates... which payout but are completely pinned in.
    There are 4 of them... all on the bottom and they are on the left center and right sides.
    Starting from the left, Sheryl (pink), Alto (blue), Ranka (green) and on the right Klan (gold) (picture 1, and 2)
    One pocket looks like it might be possible to get a ball in the pocket the other 3 are impossible. Do I need to remove pins in order to get them to work?

Also this machine has another pocket near the top that only opens during a bonus.. the valkyrie slides out and over and the gate opens to allow balls into it. (picture 3)

20150509_140212.jpg20150509_140400.jpg20150509_140440.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One pocket looks like it might be possible to get a ball in the pocket the other 3 are impossible. Do I need to remove pins in order to get them to work?

20150509_140212.jpg20150509_140400.jpg20150509_140440.jpg
    why remove nails.. they look open to me.. you can bend the nails so balls can have access.. sure they will have to bounce a bit sideways to enter.. try adjusting the nails above a bit and the nail to the side a bit so the opening is a bit better..

i would never remove nails it looks funny to me.. i always adjust vintage machines to pay as close to 100% as possible.. sometime i have to tighten them back up cause they pay to much
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you would need the right bounce pattern to get balls into those other 3 pockets.

open just the door and move a ball by hand thru the pins above the pockets to see if it clears.

you may need to get a ball into the top pocket during a bonus round to keep the bonus rounds going!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

25. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You should be able to get a ball in there. It requires a sideways bounce off the pin to the side of the opening. I know for sure I have an Eva machine that has a similar bounce required for those pockets. I don't score in them very often, but occasionally a ball will take a lucky bounce. I don't think they are meant to pay out very often like the lower tulips on a vintage machine.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can I get a pic of this dongle ... how much is it ... where does it fit and is it easy to fit ... where would i get it from ...

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。