Thread: ball launcher knob, spring adjustment?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default ball launcher knob, spring adjustment?

Hello there! I picked up this skateboard themed machine the other day. Although I favor the vintage machines I liked the color's and thought I'd mix up my collection a bit.
    Although the machine seems to function ok the ball launcher knob doesn't seem to work like I would expect. It seems like you have to turn the knob about a third of the way prior to getting any resistance from the spring. I'd think that the knob would have a more constant pressure on it however I'm not sure how a normally functioning machine should work.

Other than that I think the jackpots are working but I'm not sure about the center jackpot as I haven't played it enough.

after a thorough cleaning and some adjustments I think all will be working great. 20150207_173556.jpg

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to rlazars

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: ball launcher knob, spring adjustment?

Sorry. I realized that I didn't really ask for your help. Could someone let you know if the ball launcher knob should be this loose feeling and if there's adjustments possible?

I'm not sure how to start to disassemble to check things out. Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine. I have a couple early modern machines that have the same shooter tensioning spring as vintage machines. Not sure if your particular machine has one or not. Also not sure if you are concerned with the power of the shooter or just how far you have to turn. All my machines are a bit different as to how far I need to turn to launch a ball. As long as the shooter has enough power to properly launch balls I don't think it really matters how far you have to turn the shooter knob?

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does it return all the way back when you release it? If so I wouldn't worry about it too much but if it really bothers you I believe the spring is torsional so you could unhook it and give it one more turn then re-hook it for more tension.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

so far as I can remember I get no launches until about half of a turn. After that they seem like they vary with the position of the knob. This seems to be how they should be operating but I'm comparing this to some vintage machines which operate differently.
    I don't remember it being very obvious how to open up the knob mechanism but I will see if I can figure it out again tonight. Any advice?

the knob ends up returning to somewhat of a neutral position but its loose like there's nothing holding it all.
    2015-02-11 16.14.17.jpg
    I haven't finished my display yet but here's what Some of my machines look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to rlazars