Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheap pachinko ball substitute

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Cheap pachinko ball substitute

http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...SSGR100BALLSEA

If you buy at least 2500 ball you get them for 2 pennies apiece. They are 7/16 (11mm) and weigh 5.73. hope this helps.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cheap pachinko ball substitute

Quote Originally Posted by Magicians4christ View Post
    http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...SSGR100BALLSEA

If you buy at least 2500 ball you get them for 2 pennies apiece. They are 7/16 (11mm) and weigh 5.73. hope this helps.
    they might work.. some people have reported using ball bearings.. i stay away from them.. the one you posted are actually bigger then pachinko balls by a hair.. 11.1125mm to be exact... no in allot of machines that might be ok.. but in some of my machines the factory balls still get stuck on occasion and nails have to be adjusted.. if the balls are bigger that makes the problem worse..

just my 2 cents

thanks for the post and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your 2 cents. There is no doubt that true pachinko balls is the way to go, but at $60 for 1000 used balls its alittle much for someone just starting off. I seen many old post on here with broken links and dead sites. Seems like ebay is almost the only option any more. I have a Popeye machine and will report back if i find any problems with them, but a 2 cents a piece it worth the try for new unmarked balls.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Magicians4christ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Being slightly bigger than 11mm will cause problems especially in vintage machines. Mainly because the weight will be slightly different (doesn't seem like a lot but it matters).

Imo I will only use real pachinko balls. Even 11mm ball bearings won't do it for me.

100 machines and counting...

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree, only real pachinko balls for my machines. Looking forward to hearing how these work for you though.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Magicians4christ View Post
    Thanks for your 2 cents. There is no doubt that true pachinko balls is the way to go, but at $60 for 1000 used balls its alittle much for someone just starting off. I seen many old post on here with broken links and dead sites. Seems like ebay is almost the only option any more. I have a Popeye machine and will report back if i find any problems with them, but a 2 cents a piece it worth the try for new unmarked balls.
    Akimono.com also sells pachinko balls. $60.00 with free shipping.
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

11. The following user says "Thanks" to ackleplem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I vaguely remember a discussion about ball bearings vs pachinko balls. A long time ago.
    If my memory serves correctly.
    Ball bearings are not as dense as a pachinko ball.
    Hence they do not bounce the same and/or the weight difference causes problems.
    Not to mention the size. Cuz you can adjust nails but not so much the pockets.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just wondering if you bought any of those Balls, And if you did, how did they work out for you...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Gotpachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpachinko View Post
    Just wondering if you bought any of those Balls, And if you did, how did they work out for you...
    to Pachitalk!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i just bought balls for 3 cents.. not sure why anyone would bother with the other

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I once had a single shot pachinko...maybe 35 years ago. No eBay back then, so pachinko balls were hard to find. Late grade school, early high school...before I joined the ARMY...I had never seen (or heard of) a cell phone back then (when I did 1st see them, they were carried in what looked like carry on luggage ).
    I knew what a pachinko ball was. I had a Model B before then, but no longer had, but no pachinko balls for my first machine in years! So I went to an industrial supplier with one of the 10 balls that I had, let them measure it and sell me a couple hundred ball bearings. I don't remember having any troubles using them. But it was a very OLD machine.
    Now the confession! I always took things apart and desired to know how things worked. Since I couldn't SEE electricity, I leaned toward mechanical things. Well, I had come across some tulips(don't remember where I came across tulips...I couldn't find real pachinko balls!) and decided to ADD them to my single shot! Had to enlarge the hole in the plywood that the cell is attached to. Was escaping childhood, so I still was using whatever tools I could scrounge from my parents. Don't make me get into details...it got ugly! I think I used a drill and drilled a series of overlapping holes to open a hole for a tin pocket to a hole for a tulip! I don't think I have to tell you how well that worked out! The tulip required more space behind the cell than the single ball machine had!!! As Lucky Dog loves to say..."measure twice, cut once!". Well, I ultimately took what was the only single ball machine that I had ever seen...and set it out in the alley with a "FREE" sign attached to it! I don't think CRACK was invented yet (soon), but a crackhead broke the aluminum front tray off foe scrap! So the machine went into the trash! I AM SO ASHAMED OF MY DUMB ASS YOUTH!!! I don't even know what brand it was! It was the only single shot I had ever seen, and I destroyed it!
    OK! I got it off my chest! Maybe I can heal now! I started to talk about ball bearings...but all these bad memories are coming back!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME...I was just a dumbass kid back then!!! The ball bearings worked fine as best as I can remember! But it was old and I wanted more! the tulip attempt ruined the machine...no pics and don't even remember what brand...it COULD have been valuable!
    With the internet, and the ability to get the correct balls...I would stick to REAL pachinko balls. But a modern can take a load of balls! If a big difference can be made (without problems in function), by using ball bearings...then I am on board. But since most people can't properly weigh balls (unless they sell )diameter may not be enough! Buy a small amount...like 500 (if you can't afford 500 I don't know why we are even having this conversation!) Since we can get REAL pachinko balls...I would go for the real deal! But I also understand the desire for cheaper balls! If they work foe you...let us know! It will help us all. But...since it is not really hard anymore to get the real deal, Why stress the small ... Buy REAL pachinko balls! I have "gold balls" that do not have any engravings...and have heard of regular balls without engravings. With all the variables...I would only use engraved pachinko balls! If you find something that works as good...let us know...however we are stubborn and don't take to change lightly!!! But if you have a modern...and can make it work on cheaper ball bearings, then I am sure that some will want to know more!
    I will NEVER Destroy a single shot like that again!!! Please forgive me!

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I need 20k Pachinko balls, So saving 3 or 4 cents
    per ball is a Big Deal. If those ball bearings would work in modern Pachinkos just fine, I would like to buy them. If I could Find Real Pachinko balls for 3 cents a pc, I would be very happy! Please post where you found them, Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I need 20k Pachinko balls, So saving 3 or 4 cents
    per ball is a Big Deal. If those ball bearings would work in modern Pachinkos just fine, I would like to buy them. If I could Find Real Pachinko balls for 3 cents a pc, I would be very happy! Please post where you found them, Thanks!
    i got mine on ebay...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I need 20k Pachinko balls
    20K! That is a lot of balls you need there. ()

I probably have close to 5K and I am hardly ever using more than about 1000 at a time. Then again I do have all vintage machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also got some for around 3 cents a piece on ebay recently; 1000 balls for $27.99 + $7.95 shipping Quite a bit cheaper than the pachinko pagoda I had bought from before...

25. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

shipping would be a killer, but this person is selling a bulk lot of 50,000 balls - 10 boxes of 5,000 - for approx $260 (thats $o.oo5 per ball)

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h199772276

they are also selling another lot of 150,000 should you want more
    Ian #UKPachinko

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

carry on luggage
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

29. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

lets see, 5.5 x 50,000 is 275 Kg or 606lbs plus packaging material approx $1900 to ship might be cheaper to buy a shipping container.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    carry on luggage
    My dad actually had that idea. He just couldn't find a place that would sell him about 10,000 balls at the time.

32. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast