Thread: New Member, First Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Member, First Machine

Well, after looking for a while and doing a bit of research (not nearly enough) I have obtained a 1969 Nishijin Single Shot. Looks like the playfield seems to be in decent shape but the back is missing a few parts. I'm questioning if this should be a project or a parts machine. I don't have a lot of $$ in it, but probably more than I should. Pics below to give you an idea of my starting point. Thanks for your input..

IMG_1213.jpgIMG_1211.jpgIMG_1210.jpgIMG_1209.jpgIMG_1208.jpg

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to DrRobb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Member, First Machine

there are a few members that have and sell parts.. finding all the parts you need may be hard... if your not attached to the machine you might be better off looking for another..

also you know you have a single shot machine there.. now some members love them.. i think there neat but im not a fan of having to load ever single ball into the shooter by hand.. if it were me i would look for a slightly newer Model "A" that is a multi shot machine (IMHO)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Missing the main tray on the back. That will be kinda hard to find. Plus it looks like the machine saw a lot of water and the wood looks like it is starting to rot. I'd say you might be better off finding another.

100 machines and counting...

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep.. the play field plywood has delaminated from water damage.. Looks like this one is going to be for parts.. On a side note, anyone need parts from a Nishijin Single Shot??

Robb

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to DrRobb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DrRobb View Post
    On a side note, anyone need parts from a Nishijin Single Shot??
    haha. Welcome to PachiTalk. If it was a year older I would actually take you up on the offer to part it out and purchase the front trim, but, alas, it's not the same as my 1968 that's in decent shape aside from the missing trim piece. The nice thing about pachinko machines is that there are a lot of them and if you keep your eyes open you will certainly see something you like. Maybe even too many that you like......

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Without sharper pics or seeing it in person, hard to tell. Looks like the only thing that is missing is the lower tray, I might still have a green one. There might be minor variances, and I am not sure if all are interchangeable. The bigger issue (other than water damage) is the tray was broken off...not simply removed and lost. You can tell by the mounting tabs are still stapled to the back. This means the tray was struck with a considerable amount of force, likely bending the various linkages. I can dig and see if I still have the tray, and take some close ups of the linkages so you can asses the damage. It probably could be saved...but likely more frustration than enjoyment.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Looks like the only thing that is missing is the lower tray, I might still have a green one. There might be minor variances, and I am not sure if all are interchangeable.
    I'm not quite sure if they are. They look like they would be but there might be some minor differences that won't let it fit. One obvious thing I noticed in the mounting place for the support bar (long metal bar). On a single shot it mounts on the plastic cover for the ball path but on a model A it mounts on the wood. Though I don't think that would be a problem. The problem might be with something we can't see that would make contact behind it.

Here are two pics you can sorta compare with.

69nishijin_back_open.jpg006.jpg

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is what i have got. 1st of all is the missing tray.DSCF9276.JPGDSCF9277.JPGDSCF9278.JPG I can't tell you anything about the machine it came from! I bought a box of Model A stuff because I NEEDED the spring loaded part that is on the lower track of the tray. model A single ball 001.jpg Just below the blue ramp that goes to the metal tray is a Chromed metal cover that is held by a spring catch. this is the part that I bought this box of parts for! In order to get it I had to drill a hole to get to the rivet. DSCF9280.JPGDSCF9284.JPG So, if it works, you still need to get a spring loaded cover...easier than the whole tray! The part that makes me think that there might be a problem is that this part looks different than yours!DSCF9285.JPG Yours is shorter. As you can see...your part is shorter. Does that mean that my tray won't fit...or can be made to fit...I don't know! If you want to try...I will give you this part for free, just pay for shipping. If it fits, you still have to get what i removed...and straighten out whatever may be bent. If you take sharper pics, then I may have (or take) some pics of how they should be. Let me know if you decide to try to save it.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since the playfield plywood has come apart from water damage and this is my first attempt at repair, I'm going to let this one go to parts. Thanks for the offer pachiwall, but I think this one is too far gone. I've already gotten a Model A that seems to be in much better, albeit dustier shape. Picked it up locally from a guy that found it in a storage locker auction..

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to DrRobb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DrRobb View Post
    Since the playfield plywood has come apart from water damage and this is my first attempt at repair, I'm going to let this one go to parts. Thanks for the offer pachiwall, but I think this one is too far gone. I've already gotten a Model A that seems to be in much better, albeit dustier shape. Picked it up locally from a guy that found it in a storage locker auction..
    pictures???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK.. here's pics of the new one.. It's a Nishijin Model A. From what I can tell, all that's apparently missing is the jackpot track cover so I'm in the market for one of those. The lever in the back that resets the tulips got bent when the cover got knocked off, but it still works and can be coaxed back into place i think..
    IMG_1214.jpgIMG_1215.jpgIMG_1216.jpgIMG_1217.jpgIMG_1218.jpg

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to DrRobb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same cover that was missing on 2 of my machines! Why are these frequently missing?!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Same cover that was missing on 2 of my machines! Why are these frequently missing?!
    People take them off or open them to clear a jam or something and then they forget to put them back or it doesn't latch and breaks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

much nicer looking machine

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances