Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nishijin Model C Payout Problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Model C Payout Problem

Hello All,

Please excuse my terminologies as the manual I have doesn't specify the name of this part, but I need help with a jam. I have put a good amount of time into this machine and have the jackpot working (the release functions well). The issue is when the ball hits the jackpot, the balls get stuck in this "seesaw" and appears to be getting stuck where the seesaw meets the ramp, like the spacing if off. The payout controlis labled 15, meaning the two balls pictured should be paid out, so it might be getting stuck on the payout control claw, but it is secured properly. Any ideas?? Thanks all!

IMG_3541.jpgIMG_3542.jpgIMG_3543.jpgIMG_3544.jpgPC1.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Model C Payout Problem

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen131 View Post
    Hello All,

Please excuse my terminologies as the manual I have doesn't specify the name of this part, but I need help with a jam. I have put a good amount of time into this machine and have the jackpot working (the release functions well). The issue is when the ball hits the jackpot, the balls get stuck in this "seesaw" and appears to be getting stuck where the seesaw meets the ramp, like the spacing if off. The payout controlis labled 15, meaning the two balls pictured should be paid out, so it might be getting stuck on the payout control claw, but it is secured properly. Any ideas?? Thanks all!

IMG_3541.jpgIMG_3542.jpgIMG_3543.jpgIMG_3544.jpgPC1.jpg

Ewwww...you've got some filthy, rusty old balls there! I'd try some nice shiny new balls first before troubleshooting further....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Clean balls would be nice. Looks like it needs more of 'em anyway... (unless I'm totally wrong about how the 'low on balls' switch and lockout work)
    "Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Besides all those dang dirty balls, you will probably need to take all the covers off the ball tracks and clean everything up(especially anything that pivots and moves). There could also be debris in there so at the very least it's worth a look and a cursory cleaning. All those rusty dirty balls have probably tracked a lot of dirt/lint/rust in there too. So besides getting new shiny balls, make sure the reward hopper at the top has some balls in it. You will need around 500-1000 to run this machine well, more if you don't want to reload the hopper all the time. Good luck getting it running! Model C's are my all time favorite vintage!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All, the balls aren't rusty, they are just dull/orange from being cleaned with CLR ( I do have new balls that I use in my functioning machines and have tested them in this machine). I have also cleaned this machine head to toe, so I am certain there is no debris or dirt/dust blocking anything. Thanks for the input!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is difficult to tell, even though the pictures are pretty good!

The low reward tray switch looks to be UP; indicating not enough pachinko balls.

You can hold the two wire things to the right to see if it pays out appropriately. I'm not sure that makes much sense.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you say "seesaw"...are you referring to the rocking part that "u-turns" the single winning ball that activates the jackpot sequence? Down low to the left, above the flipper. I'll refer to that as the "jackpot seesaw". Or are you talking about the 2 row tray that drops the actual jackpot balls? That is the part that I see in your pics...I'll call that the "jackpot tray".
    You say "the release functions well". So, it sounds like it is dropping the balls, ringing the bell and landing into the front tray.
    You also say "the balls get stuck in this seesaw..." Since "balls" is plural...sounds like you are talking about the "jackpot tray"...therefore, balls are NOT ringing the bell OR going into the tray.
    How many balls are you using? It is possible that a low ball "safety mechanism" is preventing a full cycle, thus not letting the tray line up with the track??? I have a Model C machine, and posted a thread somewhere about it...but surprisingly few pics that help! I can dig it up to help you troubleshoot, if you like.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are on the right track and any help would be amazing! If I push the last remaining 2 balls in both tracks back, the jackpot will cycle, tray drops, and balls ring. Without any balls, the mechanism works perfectly, leading me to believe those 2 last balls might be causing it and there is some kind of adjustment or something not lined up properly. Can you take a picture of that area from yours? I have yet to find a picture ANYWHERE of the model c without the cover on it to see how it looks. I am thinking it is not aligned properly. Thanks again!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to evergreen131

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ruled out the low ball mechanism. I have tested all supporting parts and they work properly.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to evergreen131

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NAHA13 Do you have a picture of this section without the cover? Been looking for one to compare for awhile now! Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its just a guess but hear it is..

these machines are adjustable.. you can make them pay different amounts .. there is one of your pictures that shows the stops.. they look bent or misaligned.. take off the green cover that covers the drop tube to the bells.. once that cover is off you can see the point where the adjustments are.. unhook them and try to straighten them out and bit so the balls will line up further and better on the payout jackpot seesaw..

it looks like the balls that are on the ramp have not traveled far enough and are hanging up on the back side.. im talking about a micro small adjustment.. 2 of 3 mm adjustment

my 2 cents
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been afraid to mess with the stops, but that looks like my next step, but I want to see an example first because that looks to be almost impossible to find if I break it =)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Will take me a few days to get to it, possibly next weekend. I'm traveling this week but will get you some pics as soon as I can.

NAHA13 Do you have a picture of this section without the cover? Been looking for one to compare for awhile now! Thanks!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been afraid to mess with the stops, but that looks like my next step, but I want to see an example first because that looks to be almost impossible to find if I break it =)
    Trying this stuff out on a shattered tulip pocket.. so far so good, but acquiring replacement pockets Just in case..

I'll let you know how this one goes.. but yes the adjustment pins should get you running..

http://notaglue.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll dig mine out and take some pics. I have seen jackpot adjusting pins in pics before...but mine don't have any. I have some plumbing leaks to fix 1st.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to gooilers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took some pics last night...couldn't get them to load onto my computer. I'll try again when I get home from work.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got some loaded! Here is the "jackpot tray" without the cover.DSCF9233.JPG The holes that are in the tray are what I suspect is the adjustable payout. My machine does not have this option. As I understand it, there are wires or plates screwed to the tray that limited how many balls filled it up. I would need to see a better pic of your jackpot tray to tell. I removed the green cover to better see how things line up.DSCF9237.JPG This is the empty JP tray at rest. I should have taken a pic in the "JP dump position." Yes I'm making these names up as I go along! The balls roll onto the tray from the green track on the right. The brass hooks stop them from going any farther. DSCF9251.JPG When a JP cycle is activated, the tray tilts...left side dropping, and right side lifting. As the tray tilts, the balls slip under the brass hooks and fall down the chute.DSCF9235.JPG

27. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These are the pressure plates that block JP payouts.DSCF9259.JPG You must be at least this tall to ride this ride!DSCF9252.JPG The weight of the balls pushes the linkage rods to these "hooks" DSCF9255.JPG to the left. This pic shows the hooks in the UNLOCKED, or "enough balls to pay out" position. If either track runs low, one of those hooks will lock the tray from tilting.

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ruled out the low ball mechanism. I have tested all supporting parts and they work properly.
    I know you have checked these parts...I'm just posting the steps for others. DSCF9263.JPG this is the pic I was trying to post earlier. Shows the track closest to the cell low...therefore locking the tray. The track farthest from the cell (closest to us), is full therefore holding the hook "open". BOTH tracks MUST be at least full to the pressure plates for the tray to tilt!

31. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast