Thread: Personal advising on making first pachinko purchase "directly" from japan???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Personal advising on making first pachinko purchase "directly" from japan???

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE

I HOPE THAT ALL ON THE "PACHITALK" FORUM HAD A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON

THIS PARTICULAR POST IS FOR ANYONE THAT HAS EXPERTISE IN BUYING PACHINKOS AND/OR PACHISLOS DIRECTLY FROM ONLINE VENDORS/$ELLERS FROM JAPAN.

SINCE I JUST ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLED ACROSS A SPECIFIC PACHINKO THAT I'VE BEEN HOPING TO ACQUIRE AND IT IS ACTUALLY FOR $ALE IN JAPAN, I AM HOPING THAT THERE ARE SOME EXPERT MEMBERS THAT WOULD BE WILLING TO PERMIT ME TO TALK WITH THEM PERSONALLY SO THEY COULD "HOLD-MY-HAND" AND PROPERLY ADVISE ME IN MAKING A JAPAN PACHINKO PURCHASE SINCE I AM STILL A BIT CONFUSED ABOUT HOW TO BEGIN THE PURCHASE PROCESS EVEN WITH THE JAPANESE WEBSITE TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST GREATLY APPRECIATED SO PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO "PRIVATE MESSAGE" ME IF YOU'RE WILLING TO ALLOW ME TO GIVE YOU A CALL TO CHAT

MANY THANKS,
    KEIF

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Personal advising on making first pachinko purchase "directly" from japan???

well I don't think making international calls is the way forward, But it really is quite simple. I've imported 2 pachislos and over 10 pachinkos to the UK from Japan, plus lots of accessorories, Some from YJA, Some through Rakute and some from pachi dealers.

But to cut a long story short, You need someone in Japan to act as a middle man, there are a lot of services that do this, But some don't like to handle complete machines due to the size and weight.

I use 3 different services, SMJ, FromJapan and Bidservice, All provide excellent service and I use each one for different things,

But for a complete machine I now use FromJapan as they seem to have got the best shipping rates with Fedex.
    There is a thread here that deals with FromJapan as well as some peoples experiences.

But its

1) Find what you want and make a deposit to your deputy service
    2) Your deputy buys it and ships it to their address.
    3) The deputy repackages it (if requested) and get the cost for international shipping
    4) You pay the final amount
    5) Deputy ships it to you
    6) Package arrives, you unwrap item
    7) You check the voltage carefully and install the correct transformer, Plug it in and play.
    or
    7) You come straight back here because you didn't fit a transformer and have blown it up (It does happen)
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Personal advising on making first pachinko purchase "directly" from japan???

not that im buying anything but can you explain the deputy service more??

is it a membership that you join, like pachitalk or paypal?? can I / we use paypal to transfer monies???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    not that im buying anything but can you explain the deputy service more??

is it a membership that you join, like pachitalk or paypal?? can I / we use paypal to transfer monies???

That depends on the deputy service.

With Juno at bidservice, You don't need an account as he will place the bids for you and can pay via Paypal.

With both SMJ and Fromjapan, you have to create an account, because when it comes to bidding, you do it yourself through their automated bidding service. webpage and server. So you bid on the item from their page, not the auction or shop page. Their systems are designed so you can't bid more than your deposit.
    If its a shop rather than an auction, you post the url for the shop and item and go through their instructions.

Also note, that the pachinko and pachislo catergories in the SMJ system require a manual bid by them, as they do not deal with compelete machines, So if there is a ball lifter or flag banner/seat cover etc. You have to fill in a manual request form rather than the automated biddding sysem. You don't have to do this with FromJapan. As it is a manual request, it can take up to 24 hours for them to bid for you, then if you get out bid and you wish to increase your bid, that might take another 24hrs. So always bid your max first time.

Both SMJ and FromJapan accept debit/credit cards and Paypal.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the deputy service/middleman/proxy is just a business that facilitates purchasing and shipping of whatever it is you want off YJA or other business/individual in japan. no membership is required for any of the several i've used since you're just hiring someone to do the transaction for you and i don't think any type of membership enters into the equation for proxy bidding in general. for my last 6 or so transactions i've used juno.
    simply email him a link to the auction or item that you want, your highest bid (if it's an auction sale) or the full amount if you're buying outright, and he does the rest. typically for me i pay him a deposit via paypal on an auction and then once i win the auction, juno sends an email requesting the balance of the cost which is the item cost, shipping in japan and to the u.s. and all associated fees. it's very easy and he does all the work, i just sit back and wait for him to contact me with the total.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog