Thread: Picking up two Craigslist pachinkos tomorrow, question about one...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Picking up two Craigslist pachinkos tomorrow, question about one...

One of them is a Nishijin type A (my favorite and it will be my second one) but the other is a type I've seen before, but can't remember what they're called. Here's a pic...

00B0B_fbmBblo95rr_600x450.jpg

It appears to have a coin slot and has a different play field from what I'm used to. The panel below the field is missing as shown, but I'm hoping I can fabricate a replacement...

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to grocco

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Picking up two Craigslist pachinkos tomorrow, question about one...

that is an arrange ball machine.. its missing the cover.. similar to these

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=7
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that's unfortunate, it looks like the cover is a semi complicated mechanical piece rather than just a cover like on my others...? If so, I'll still play around with it. The price I'm paying for these two is less than I've paid for singles in the past...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If these machines were still around by the weekend I was going to make the seller an offer and drive to Alameda to pick them up and hit the pacific pinball museum. The Nishijin looks like it is likely a parts machine. No photos of the rear of the arrangeball, but I thought it would be fun to experiment with even if it wasn't possible to find a replacement cover and front token tray. Let us know what state the arrangeball electronics are in when you get a chance.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking at the pics again, it looks like the Nishijin is not a type A

That said, it does look fairly complete to me, based on my others, I am really curious to see the other one though, since I've only seen pictures in the past.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by grocco View Post
    Looking at the pics again, it looks like the Nishijin is not a type A

That said, it does look fairly complete to me, based on my others, I am really curious to see the other one though, since I've only seen pictures in the past.
    it is missing a few parts off the back.. the biggest part is the ball dump tube and the covers below it... my guess it it will still work without those covers.. but don't bump the ball dump, that will be a nice mess..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, and the seller does say there's a piece broken off the back. Most of it appears to be complete and I should be able to fab a ball drop cover and replacing the front glass is no problem. I asked him to send me a pic of the back of the arrangeball, but if not I'll be seeing it tonight anyway. For $20 you can't really complain. I guess I COULD offer less, but for two machines it seems like a good deal to me...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just picked them up, here's some better pics:

11585_10205471435603711_4346774050149126732_n.jpg10924731_10205471446363980_5017929696780410842_n.jpg

The Nishijin looks to be in really good shape, almost no rust to speak of, just dirty and broken glass which is easily fixed. I'm not 100% sure anything is missing from the back, but I'll wait till I can mess around with it more to be sure. The Arrange Ball, on the other hand, is of course missing the cover on the front, not sure if that's strictly just a cosmetic cover (which I can fabricate) or something more complicated. I opened it up just to look around, and with my extremely limited knowledge it LOOKS ok, no obviously broken components or dangling wires, etc. I'll clean it out really good and plug it in and see if anything happens...

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to grocco

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The door on the arrangeball is likely just a cover. The balls line uo on the clear ramp and are visable through a window. I can snap a few pics of my door if you like.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool deal. For $20 you can hardly go wrong. Even if all you ever do is use the track cover of the Nishijin you've made your money back. The center feature and pockets on either side of the bottom tulip look interesting. Could you possibly post close ups? I'd like to get a closer look. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Different brands...but very similar in many ways.DSCF8244.JPG This track looks like yours. The balls come in from behind and line up within the machine.DSCF8243.JPG The door is just a cover with a window to see the balls yo you have to shoot. DSCF8245.JPG My window was hazy and loose. Polished up real nice, and epoxied back in! Nothing more than a cover with a window. You should have no problem making a suitable replacement!Overall it compliments the look of the front...and restricts access to the balls.DSCF8253.JPG
    DON'T plug it in yet! There are electronic circuits that are VERY difficult to replace! Start a new thread in the ARRANGEBALL forum and post many more pics! There are some precautions to take before plugging it in. Open it up, inspect it...and show us what you see!

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a picture of the center by request Spyder...

20150116_201418.jpg

19. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to grocco

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I have seen that center feature before, but don't recall ever seeing win pockets like those.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Thanks. I have seen that center feature before, but don't recall ever seeing win pockets like those.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20150116_201418.jpg
    The red pockets are quite unusual. I wonder what the chrome hole is for? i can see the ball falling into the pocket, the chrome hole...not so easy. To what end??? It should still go to the same place and light up the corresponding # on the grid. Maybe lights the grid if in the pocket...and lights the grid AND pays a coin if in the chrome hole??? Is the yellow part above the center feature a door? My machine has a door that opens, any ball that goes in the open door pays a coin instantly!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 01-23-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    ...i can see the ball falling into the pocket, the chrome hole...not so easy. To what end??? It should still go to the same place and light up the corresponding # on the grid....
    The win pockets in that photo are actually from the pachinko, not the arrangeball. Two different machines in the thread.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    The win pockets in that photo are actually from the pachinko, not the arrangeball. Two different machines in the thread.
    That is correct, but he's got a point, I wonder what those holes are for. I hadn't actually noticed them myself as I hadn't really looked at it much yet. I'll check it out and let you guys know where the hole goes, lol...

26. The following user says "Thanks" to grocco