Thread: Three Star pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Three Star pachinko!

I always seem to talk myself into another pachinko during the holiday season...this year was no exception! Saw a CRAZY EXPENSIVE pachinko on eBay, that was calling me because it was a THREE STAR brand. It also says Besta on the back, which sounds familiar...parent company of Three Star maybe?
    I think the price was $225...BIN or starting bid, I don't remember. I made an offer for $100...a little higher than I wanted to start with...but I was already knocking off $125 dollars. I didn't want to shut off negotiations by insulting him! His counte was $125, since he was one hour away, I wanted to see it before I agreed to higher than $100. I drove to Columbus, met the seller, drank a few beers, a little 420, plus some information and demonstration on pachinko...and a $100 bill!...and I had a Three Star pachinko! here is thee sideways pic that I can't seem to rotate.DSCF9130.JPG Now a close up of the cell.DSCF9131.JPG I could tell from the pics that it was complete...except for the lower track cover. I was showing him how they work, something wasn't working right, but it would jackpot if the linkage was touched. this was good enough for me.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Three Star pachinko!

Premature post because I couldn't add more pics!
    So I took it home and started cleaning it! No cell cleaning yet! I needed to see why it needs "help" to jackpot. A nut was jammed at the U-TURN, which explains why the jackpot wouldn't load. The bar with the hook, next to the seesaw, was stiff moving.DSCF9139.JPG I tried moving the linkage to the hole in the arm. Didn't help. I think the correct position is on top...like the pic shows. The push button is the jackpot seesaw reset. It uses a captive ball (no engravings...but the captive balls inside the seesaw HAVE engravings!) Push the button up...the ball lands on top of the seesaw and resets it!
    The back operating mechanism is stapled on...so it has never been DEEP CLEANED. Since I can't see what is binding the lever...the back has to come off.DSCF9186.JPG First, the staples were pulled to remove this cover with the orange cover attached. The orange cover is held on with screws from the inside...so you have to remove the "clear" cover with the orange still attached, in order to get to the screws that hold it on. Of course it was filthy! DSCF9196.JPG I cleaned it because it was apart...but my goal was WHY?! Close inspection shows a rubbing where parts shouldn't touch.DSCF9192.JPG WOW! It must have taken 10 pics to make that line show up on camera (I wanted to say "FILM") It appears that this machine was too close to heat (fire maybe?) This cover bows a little where the scratch is. There are also waves and fading on a certain part of this cover. I don't know if the waves are a result of the heat...but they are only at the areas where the cover is more "clear" than orange.

4. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lets see...missing track cover, already covered that. The "ball dump" linkage has been removed.DSCF9160.JPG I pointed this out...but wasn't concerned about it, although I would have liked it still intact! It can still be activated by hand...from the back.DSCF9162.JPG It has a "THREE STAR" stamp on the back.DSCF9173.JPG
    I plan on using a heat gun to soften the plastic cover, and shape it so it don't contact the arm. If that don't work...I have some more drastic plans! Looks like an easy fix...I'll tell you how it works out!

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By the way...just in case you are wondering..."WHY IS THE THREE STAR CALLING HIM???" Although I love the "off brand" or particularly "unusual" pachinko...yhis was none of those! I happen to have a THREE STAR arrangeball machine ...and I wanted a companion pachinko to go with it!DSCF8698.JPGDSCF8240.JPG First pic is after restoration...bad phrase, because I changed the cell.

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really like my three star as it has always worked well and is fun to play.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Find.

Certainly a funky machine. But I actually like the styling of it. I was eyeing that on ebay as well.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Nice Find.

I was eyeing that on ebay as well.
    I knew it was safe at that price!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall