Thread: A New Year, A New Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default A New Year, A New Pachinko

Hey all, I'm back and I bet you never realized you missed me.

We finally had our last Christmas party of the year, and much to my surprise I received a new machine as a gift. However, after doing some research, I'm finding myself with more questions than I started with.

Hopefully you guys and gals can be the helpful types I know you are and get me some answers.

_MG_5242.jpg_MG_5244.jpg_MG_5245.jpg_MG_5246.jpg_MG_5247.jpg_MG_5248.jpg_MG_5250.jpg_MG_5253.jpg

OK, so what I know so far is that I have a Sanyo Comet II made somewhere around '76/'77, but beyond that, things get weird for me.

I found this machine on the Flickr collection that seems like the closest match, except that my center feature, playfield, and overflow tray and launcher detailing are different. I know that it's common to have random mix-matches of top pockets, center features, and playfields, but the thing that throws me is that I found my center feature on a Kyoraku machine from the same era.

Also, I have a lot of screws missing from the rear cover. I thought this was by accident, then I realized, as you can see in my second picture, that it was left this way so a rod could go behind it where it isn't meant to. In every other Comet II that I've looked at, that rods goes straight up to the jackpot reservoir, not towards the bell like mine. But again I'm confused because I've only spent a couple hours with this machine, but it seems to be attached, working properly, and meant to be where it is. So what gives?

Do I just have the most hodge-podged machine my family could come across? If I pull it apart and find that rod is 100% where it belongs, then it has to have the wrong rear cover, correct?

She's a dirty girl, so I have a tonne of time to figure these things out while I clean, but any knowledge you can drop on me is appreciated.

Thanks everybody! Happy New Year!

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A New Year, A New Pachinko

Alright, I worked on it for a few hours. Started out cleaning, but ended up digging into that rod situation towards the end. Turns out it was just out of position. I got the cover off and the rod was wedged behind the bell, so it would ring the bell when it pivoted and it was stuck just enough that it wouldn't just fall out. Hence, me thinking it was in a fixed position. I got it flipped around and in the proper place now.

Stupid me.

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz