Thread: First Pachinko Machine - Maruto with Windmill theme.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Pachinko Machine - Maruto with Windmill theme.

Hello,

I'm really excited today to get my first ever Pachinko machine after wanting one for 30 years! I used to play with my Uncle's machine as a kid so it has always been on my to do list to find one. I found this one for $60 although the shipping cost me quite a bit more. It isn't in grade A shape as the frame has a few cracks and the playfield image is peeling a bit. However, I was able to fix the mechanics in 5 minutes and it seems fully functional from what I've found. It only came with 9 balls but, I ordered 500 today on Ebay.

Based on what I've researched it appears to be a Maruto from 1977. I've seen the catcher things referred to as Tulips online but, I was amused to notice these are labeled "New Poppy". I've never seen another windmill theme searching online so, I'm curious if anyone else has or knows more about it? Here are some initial pics. Once I get the balls and hook up a 9 volt to it I'll post more to this thread and let guys know how it is working out.

back.jpgexpiration sticker.jpgfront.jpgAttachment 78091
    Last edited by dsmithatx; 12-29-2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Tried to delete sideways thumbnails, initially uploaded by mistake.

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to dsmithatx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: First Pachinko Machine - Maruto with Windmill theme.

Very Nice !

The Welcome Wagon will be here shortly.

I have not seen any other windmill themes and only had a few Marutos. There are a LOT of tulips on your machine, how can you miss!

Didn't see any wiring on the back of your machine but maybe it is well concealed.

My machine had a completely different back mechanism.

Maruto BACK.jpg MARUTO 1.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Pachinko Machine - Maruto with Windmill theme.

Accidentally erased one image of the playfield image trying to fix rotation...

playfield.jpg

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to dsmithatx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Very Nice !

The Welcome Wagon will be here shortly.

I have not seen any other windmill themes and only had a few Marutos. There are a LOT of tulips on your machine, how can you miss!

Didn't see any wiring on the back of your machine but maybe it is well concealed.

My machine had a completely different back mechanism.
    Ah I noticed the Tulips I just hadn't seen them called Poppies like on this machine. I did notice the back of other Marutos I've seen look more like yours which I'm not sure about. Below are pictures of the wiring that is viewable. Also a picture of a two prong wiring harness which I haven't seen researching around so far.

Wiring harness.jpgWiring.jpg

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dsmithatx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithatx View Post
    Ah I noticed the Tulips I just hadn't seen them called Poppies like on this machine. I did notice the back of other Marutos I've seen look more like yours which I'm not sure about. Below are pictures of the wiring that is viewable. Also a picture of a two prong wiring harness which I haven't seen researching around so far.
    No big deal that the backs are different.

The new poppy tulips are fairly common and are on machines by different manufacturers.

Sometimes, on Sankyos, there is the male plug that matches your female. You took a nice picture of the low reward tray switch. There may be another switch for a jackpot light. Almost always, the bulbs are accessible from the back of the machine. Did you notice any bulbs or another switch?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Male plug

Here is a picture of the matching plug; for what it's worth... it's near the top of the picture; next to the fuse...

A member may have a spare one... Also, you may be able to pull on the black knobs and snap off the mechanism. Don't force it. Sometimes there are also a few fasteners...

DSC01670.jpg
    Last edited by CarlW; 12-30-2014 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Christmas
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

looks like ya have a great starter machine.. i have seem some with that style of back but not the exact same front.. but thats not unusual.. sometimes i thing that there are no two alike then slowly we start to see machines that are actually twins..

looks like your going to have to do a total cell replacement before ya get to much playing time in..

good luck on your cell replacement.. its not that hard but does take time and good planing..

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome. As for the cell I was thinking maybe I could just use some sort of paste to patch down the playfield for the time being. Not sure the best way to go about it without damaging the machine or making fixing the cell a harder job later on. Here are some closer pics of the logos, tulips/poppies and lights. I haven't checked yet to see what the bulbs look like. The lady I bought it from said it hadn't been touched in 30 years.

Tulip_Poppies.jpgTop_logo.jpgTop_left_logo.jpgLights.jpg

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dsmithatx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithatx View Post
    maybe I could just use some sort of paste to patch down the playfield for the time being.
    i have been lucky and only had one macine that was pealing up like yours... the problem is the clear bit breaks off and then end up in the ball tracks causing problems..

pealing it off will be a mess and it will continue to peel.. you can do short term fixes but there is no long term solutions other then total replacement
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead