Thread: Is it just Me?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Is it just Me?

I've collected about 6 pachinko machines over the years and the last few months I been browsing on ebay for pachinkos for something that catches my eye that I want. I've notice on some of those machine are like 100 or more on a machine. What is your opinion on the prices. I think a lot of them are ridiculous! I can under stand if the style or make of the machine is rare or fully restore. But most of the time that's not the case.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to simonsnova

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Is it just Me?

I agree most machines on eBay are overpriced, which probably contributes to the fact that almost none of them sell. Add shipping charges to the inflated price and you are usually somewhere near $200. I think the most I ever paid for a vintage was 50 bucks through Craigslist. You can generally find cheaper machines there although most sellers still start out way higher than I would value their machine. I have on occasion made an offer for an item on eBay even if the best offer feature wasnt on for an auction and have twice had my offer accepted so you could give that a try if you see a machine you really like. Good luck hunting.

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Is it just Me?

IMHO, I think most of those over inflated prices are simply the seller fishing for a sucker. It's far too easy to look up what machines have sold for to not have any idea of what they are worth (for both seller and buyer). They score when they come across a hot and bothered impulse buyer with deep pockets who don't care enough to do the research. I mean, it comes from another country, I've never seen one before, and the seller says it's rare...it must be worth the money, right?

Then comes along spyder138 with his $50. Seller is tired of looking at it and waiting for his sucker to come along, so he accepts the offer. He knew all along what it was worth.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to browne92