Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Newbie going to look at first pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie going to look at first pachinko

theirs nothing you can do short of mounting it to the wall or adding feet that stick out 8 to 10 inches or more if your wanting to open the full machine up like that.. its just to much weight swinging open and not enough weight left behind.. screw it to a table or shelf or wall mount it to open like you have in your picture...

as for the lights can you post better pictures.. the second pic is to small to see wire problems and the 3rd is to big.. everything looks good in the 3rd..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here goes nothing....

Also thanks for the tips on the legs, probably my best bet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Bsoder52

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are two leaf switches. One is near the see saw, it controls the jackpot light. The see saw pivots freely; move it to the down position and make sure the switch contacts are touching.

I'm assuming you checked the bulbs? You can press the posts on your 9V to the bottom and the side of the bulb to test the bulb.

If it's not the bulb; the leaf switch could be bad. They are easy to fix. Test it with a multimeter. It should be close to 0 resistance when the leafs (leaves?) are touching.

If that's not it... it's a wiring fault.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool trick with the 9volt! Both the bulbs light up great when tested. The seasaw switch contacts where not touching when in the down position so I adusted the switch and they are now touching when a jackpot is hit, but still no light activity yet. I have a VOM but unsure how to test based on what you wrote. Can you give me more details? I'm very new to using the VOM. I want it on OHM setting correct? X1K or X10 right? Then I press both leaves together and touch each vom connector to each side of the leaf? Unsure and I don't want to make mistakes with electricity.

Thanks much!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In post 22 of this thread, picture 2 - it looks like both orange wires go to the same contact. Also in the same picture, two staples hold the power block on the wood - if needed, the right mounting hole could be drilled with a 5/64" bit for location. The other hole has a staple in it. You have to mark that side with a pencil or something. This last step is IF you decide to remove the power block to see what is going on behind it. Use #4 by 1/2" screw to re-attach it in the mounting holes.

First, another question, does the low reward tray light work? It is the other leaf switch. Touch those contacts together.

To answer your question, set it to lowest ohm setting. I'm thinking X10. Shouldn't really matter. Touch the probes together and it should read 0. Unhook the game battery. Position the see saw so the leafs are touching (see saw down). Touch one probe to the orange wire where it is soldered to the UPPER bulb. That should be an orange wire that is connected to the jackpot switch. Touch other probe to where yellow wire is soldered to center bulb in picture 5 of 6 in same post. That should be the yellow wire connected to the jackpot switch.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some Schematics for the machine

http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/2B2SPS.pdf
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Found the other switch and it was not making a connection when moved, so I adjusted the leaf to make the connection. Unloaded the machine and reloaded with balls, but no lights when the switch was activated.

I zero'd out the VOM on ohms X10 and connected one probe to the orange wire where it's soldered to the orange bulb up top and the other probe to the yellow wire on the center bulb, but got no reading on the VOM.

Not sure what to do next, I'm really lost when it comes to the electronics side here, but hopeful to learn as I go.

I then pulled the power supply open and see that the yellow wire is indeed connected to nothing, but not sure if that matters?

IMG_1210.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Newbie going to look at first pachinko

With meter set to ohms.
    Touch your two probes together, what does it read? Nothing or "0"?

Leave your battery hooked up like in the picture.

Set meter to volts.

Test two circles, that should be 7 to 9V.

Test Green rectangle to Green circle, that should also be 7 to 9V.

You won't get a shock.

Power Block CW2.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't think the yellow wire needs to be hooked up.

If the Green rectangle to Green circle is 0 volts, the fuse or fuse holder(s) is bad. The brass or copper crimp things that hold the fuse can be sanded with 150 grit or so and bent inward to hold the fuse more tightly. The fuse might look fine but be bad; you can test it (loose) with the ohm meter; it should be almost zero or zero resistance.

On my ohm meter, zero resistance reads 0.000

The opposite of zero resistance is "open". On my ohm meter "open" reads 0.L

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im having a hell of a time with this.. to me it looks like someone has resoldered the wires.. incorrectly.. the yellow wire should be the power source that let the parlor know the machine was low... but yours is looped from the jackpot light to the low ball light and then nowhere.. its a mess

my recomandation is to start over..

thing if it as a simple loop.. power from what ever source your using.. (battery or wall wart) then to the lief switch.. then to the light bulb.. then back to the power source..

one thing to keep in mind.. this is low voltage so no real worries about getting shocked.. and its a bulb.. the bulb does not care if the power is going positive to negative or backwards.. so there is no way to "hook it up backwards".. (if your using LED's thats different)

make a circle from your source back to your source and you should be good.. un-solder the mes ya have and start over..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I'll give it a shot. Is there somekinda reference that would help'?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update. I've kinda given up on trying to fix the electrical. Also have a buddy that's a master electrician that's offered to help me one of these days! So that will get fixed. The discussion I had with him the other day got me thinking of putting a list together for this fixer-up...also the baby in the house is now walking around and i don't want her pulling this machine down on ontop of her so gonna get her stabilized quick!

"To Do List"
    - Firm up date for buddy to help with rewire.
    - Cut and install legs
    - Paint outside of cabinet and legs black.
    - Paint Interior frame of cabinet white.
    - Optional - Mount some kinda art lamp ontop of cabinet for display.

So the lets should stick out 8 inches from the bottom of the machine for stability? Looks like in one of the pics posted prior in this thread the legs stick out just about past the lower ball return??? Can I get some input from you guys on how far they should stick out infront in order to be able to open the machine without it tipping over? The key is nonfunctional so I'm assuming more support is needed incase the baby jossles the machine and the door swings open which weighs alot with all the balls in there. I suppose I could created a simple latch accessed through the back of the machine though to keep the door secure as I really don't need to open it all that often it seems. If I did this then I would think I could get away with shorter legs in the front of the machine, which I think would look better in the long run, I'll eventually have this on display sitting on a cabinet next to my Pachislo machines. But kinda cool to have on the floor now cause the kiddo's LOVE IT!

Sorry I'm kinda all over the place here. Also these two parts came with the machine, but I have no idea what for??? Anyone know. Thanks so much for your support!

IMG_20150325_215340731.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as for legs.. make them as long as your need to feel safe.. looks be damned.. if mine ever fell over on a child i would never forgive myself.. stander legs do stick out about as far as the trays.. give or take a bit..

the two parts on your pic are the latches that hold the machine closed... when the key is turned those latches are moved so the door can swing open..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahhh I see why the previous owner removed them since the key doesn't work. Kinda sucks cause the key seems like it fits, but doesn't more the latch, won't turn.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A center Marina with the shooting stars backer in an A-type. I'm full of envy. I have this as a B-type, and would much rather have it as a recycler. Its a solid machine with easy payout.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A center Marina with the shooting stars backer in an A-type. I'm full of envy. I have this as a B-type, and would much rather have it as a recycler. Its a solid machine with easy payout. Any major waterstaining on the pins?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pins look nice an brassy to me!

(But I don't know what to compare them to as I've never seen another one of these vintage machines up close).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bsoder52 View Post
    The pins look nice an brassy to me!
    They should. They are solid brass.

So if you polish them they will shine like you couldn't believe.

100 machines and counting...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2