Thread: Power Roulette finally finished with new laminate. Why generator?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Power Roulette finally finished with new laminate. Why generator?

I find re-laminating a machine pretty easy now that I have done it. Really you don't need the chisel, iron, and putty knife method. You can remove the laminate in about 15 minutes with a belt sander. Glue on the new laminate and use a hand router with a trim bit an whala your done

chip2.jpg
    HORRIFIC MONSTROUS CHIP ....ok not quite that

done.jpg
    All restored and better

Question I see other power roulette machines have a manual ball launcher and mine has a generator. Obviously two models made? .... and mine is worth 45 bucks do to its rarity?

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to MrAl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Power Roulette finally finished with new laminate. Why generator?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Al View Post

Question I see other power roulette machines have a manual ball launcher and mine has a generator. Obviously two models made? .... and mine is worth 45 bucks do to its rarity?
    IMHO

yours is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.. yes its worth more then 45.00.. how much??

for me I want the manual shooter.. Im not a fan of modern style of machines.. (even though i have several "older" vintage machine with electro shooters.. )

nice job on the replacement laminate..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice work I hope my Power Roulette comes out that good and thanks for the tip on the laminate.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks great! I would think it is certainly worth more than $45. However, it all comes down to what someone is willing to pay. I agree, I would prefer one with a manual shooter, however it is still a desireable machine.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great job and I prefer the manual shooter as well. I had 2 of these machines years ago, one manual and one electric and the manual allowed more control and was just more fun. I like the belt sander and router idea but a hammer and putty knife or similar are what most people already have in their tool collection.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I've seen the power shooters in pictures on what would otherwise be classified as "vintage". I think it was the start of the changeover into the "early modern" type. The pictures I saw like that were dated to the early 80s.

Whether it adds to the value or not depends on the person buying and their preference of shooter.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by LynnInDenver View Post
    Yeah, I've seen the power shooters in pictures on what would otherwise be classified as "vintage". I think it was the start of the changeover into the "early modern" type. The pictures I saw like that were dated to the early 80s.

Whether it adds to the value or not depends on the person buying and their preference of shooter.
    Thanks for the info. I live in denver too. The generator was a reeeeal pain to tuned and get working. It was bent when it arrived

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Looks great! I would think it is certainly worth more than $45. However, it all comes down to what someone is willing to pay. I agree, I would prefer one with a manual shooter, however it is still a desireable machine.
    I agree its worth $46 lol

11. The following user says "Thanks" to MrAl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Al View Post
    I agree its worth $46 lol
    I'll take it. Where do I sign my name?

Anyways many models were retrofitted with the electro-shooter to keep them in parlors longer and kinda as a big experiment to see if people liked them.

I know I have some pictures of a few others but I can't remember where they are amongst the thousands of files on my computer.

100 machines and counting...

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post

I know I have some pictures of a few others but I can't remember where they are amongst the thousands of files on my computer.
    hear are a few

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=10
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    I know it is not your decision Mopar...but, why does someone have to be a member of a particular group to view the pics enlarged? I don't have a vintage with an electro shooter conversion (I want one), so I have no reason to join. Why can't all pachitalk members view the pics on any of the "owners clubs"?

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am not an owner either, but I joined that group and the arrange ball group to look at photos. The man can't hold me down.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all it takes is 2 clicks to join, its not rocket science
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I know it is not your decision Mopar...but, why does someone have to be a member of a particular group to view the pics enlarged? I don't have a vintage with an electro shooter conversion (I want one), so I have no reason to join. Why can't all pachitalk members view the pics on any of the "owners clubs"?
    im not sure why??? but if it really bothers ya ill part with one of mine so ya can join???

23. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some of us kids have more toys than other kids!

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Great job and I prefer the manual shooter as well. I had 2 of these machines years ago, one manual and one electric and the manual allowed more control and was just more fun. I like the belt sander and router idea but a hammer and putty knife or similar are what most people already have in their tool collection.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Fever Hunter Super Dave Osbourne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    all it takes is 2 clicks to join, its not rocket science
    Click on link first, then click on tools button (on the right somewhere), click on join group, click on confirmation.
    More like 4 clicks, but still not that hard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave Osbourne View Post
    Click on link first, then click on tools button (on the right somewhere), click on join group, click on confirmation.
    More like 4 clicks, but still not that hard
    Aaah, but if you accidentally double click on the single click then really you could in theory have eight clicks!

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrAl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking power roulette machine. Sucks about the huge chip in it, but you did a great job in it's repair and looks brand spankin new!!! I own one of the electro shooter roulettes as well as a manual one. I will have to say manual is definitely better in my opinion. But your machine is great, definitely worth more than 45 or 46 dollars! Amazing work Mr. Al!